• Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Looks like Paddock used a "bump device". Several internet articles have said as much:

The gunman who launched heavy gunfire at people at a Las Vegas concert appears to have done so using a legal trick that almost anyone can buy.

Many had wondered how Stephen Paddock managed to fire for so long and so quickly as he rained down bullets for around 15 minutes on the country music festival. The numerous weapons he fired from his hotel room allowed him to kill at least 59 people and injure hundreds more.

The speed of that shooting led some to suggest that Paddock was using automatic weapons. But automatic rifles are heavily regulated and difficult to buy in the US.

Instead, he used a "bump stock" on at least two of the weapons, officials said. That legal trick is an attachment for the weapon that technically allows it to count as semi-automatic, despite the fact that it can be used to fire like an automatic rifle.

The devices have attracted scrutiny in recent years from authorities. But they are entirely legal and regularly available in many states.

California Senator Dianne Feinstein has long railed against them. Several years ago, she told The Associated Press she was concerned about the emergence of new technologies that could retrofit firearms to make them fully automatic.

"This replacement shoulder stock turns a semi-automatic rifle into a weapon that can fire at a rate of 400 to 800 rounds per minute," she said.

A semi-automatic weapon requires one trigger pull for each round fired. With a fully automatic firearm, one trigger pull can unleash continuous rounds until the magazine is empty.

The purchasing of fully automatic weapons has been significantly restricted in the U.S. since the 1930s.

In 1986, the federal National Firearms Act was amended further to prohibit the transfer or possession of machine guns by civilians, with an exception for those previously manufactured and registered.

Numerous attempts to design retrofits failed until recent years when bump stocks came on the market.

The device basically replaces the gun's shoulder rest, with a "support step" that covers the trigger opening. By holding the pistol grip with one hand and pushing forward on the barrel with the other, the shooter's finger comes in contact with the trigger. The recoil causes the gun to buck back and forth, "bumping" the trigger.

Technically, that means the finger is pulling the trigger for each round fired, keeping the weapon a legal semi-automatic.

Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock had 23 guns in his hotel room.

Two officials familiar with the investigation told the AP that Paddock had bump stocks attached to two semi-automatic guns. The U.S. officials were briefed by law enforcement and spoke on the condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

Paddock killed 59 people and wounded hundreds more at a country music festival near his hotel. Police stormed his 32nd floor hotel room and found that he had killed himself after committing the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    From an anonymous source. That equals a story from a unreliable person . Or they are just making it up as they go. I would think the latter.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Here are a couple (supposed) leaked crime scene photos:

This one appears to be an FN 15 Sporting with a Slidefire stock and Surefire 100rnd mag.

0HXSj2n.jpg

This one looks like a Daniel Defense AR-10.

nKrYYfF.jpg

And here is a cropped photo of the accused gunman (head and torso have been cropped out).

M4CxzaJ.jpg

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tin foil hat on. Dude is a patsy that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Shit goes way deeper than a 64 year old man that just snapped. Shooters prolly did their business then popped the guy and threw him in the room to take the heat. We will never know the real story. Tin foil hat off

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tin foil hat on. Dude is a patsy that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Shit goes way deeper than a 64 year old man that just snapped. Shooters prolly did their business then popped the guy and threw him in the room to take the heat. We will never know the real story. Tin foil hat off

Iv'e been waiting ( Not wanting) for a mass shooting that involved a white non Muslim man, with no record and legal weapons to use a bumpfire stock. I don't want to jump right into the Foil hat group but there is for sure a Turd in the Punch Bowl! Get ready for the Shyte show too follow.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hate them people lost they life and got. But what really made me mad was they couldnt even get the story out before call for gun control.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Police say Las Vegas gunman planned ‘extensively,’ used cameras to monitor police as they approached

LAS VEGAS — Authorities in Las Vegas said Tuesday that the gunman who killed least 59 people at a country music festival “extensively” planned the massacre, placing cameras in his room and the nearby hallway so he could see when police officers were closing in.

“It was pre-planned, extensively, and I’m pretty sure that he evaluated everything that he did in his actions, which is troublesome,” Joseph Lombardo, the sheriff of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, said at a briefing Tuesday afternoon.

Lombardo said one of the cameras was hidden in a food service cart in the hallway outside the suite. Law enforcement officials said the purpose of that camera was apparently to give the gunman a video feed that would warn him when police were closing in.

Lombardo also said the department has opened an investigation into the unauthorized release of images that show the crime scene, including the bullet-riddled door to the suite used by the gunman, Stephen Paddock. Police said Paddock fired at hotel security before taking his own life.

In these photographs, obtained by the German newsmagazine Bild on Tuesday, a portion of Paddock’s two-room suite is visible. A gun with a scope and a stand can also be seen inside the room, just behind yellow crime-scene tape crisscrossing the door.

1.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      296.3 KB · Views: 237

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not according to any mainstream news sights or press conferences with the local sheriff.

Ballistic acoustic possibilities: Echo has been mentioned and is a well know tool to make a shooter more difficult to locate, I don't think the cared. There are distinct differenced between muzzle blast report and the supersonic "crack" that dominates down range. Different calibers, barrel lengths and muzzle devices, different windows, muzzles past window boundary vs inside room, muzzle blast diverted by wall or floor and angle of barrels sending report out from building or down the face of it. One person could induce these variables, so on its own merits it does not support a second shooter. Some witnesses even stated as they got further away they heard louder gunfire: this could simply be the switch from a .5.56 to 7.62×51 though db levels can be close.

Add: In this concert venue there was a huge sound system. Did its microphones pick up the gunfire and reproduce it. Shot fired- supersonic crack, muzzle report- sound wave travel delay-sound system process then boosted through concert speaker system: just milliseconds apart but possible overlap and seperate points of sound generation being the murderers two firing points and each spearker reproduction. One shooter multiple sound sources.

Last edited:

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I still find it hard to believe that it was a lone shooter. Possible, yes, but like others have said, I think this guy was a pawn with money who ended up being the fall guy. I've seen videos of potential multiple shooters from lower floors firing on the crowd and have also seen speculation that there were crisis actors invovled. Of course we could really dive into some conspiracy theory stuff chasing that rabbit.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My only things about this being a possible conspiracy, If there were other shooters on other floors (Yes I have seen the videos) Then why are the windows not shot out on other floors ?

Let's be real, anyone with a slight understanding of the AR15 platform can put a shit load of rounds down range in 10 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is nothing like being on the ground first hand to know best what you are hearing, but just based on the multiple videos I have seen. I could only tell one shooter at time. To me the crack and snaps from the incoming rounds followed by the lower bark of whatever rifle he was using at the time is unmistakable. If it were even just 2 shooters at the same time the volume of fire and difference in noise would be very noticeable. Thats just me watching YouTube though so who knows. I am sure there were enough vets in the crowd that know the sound of a two way range that will eventually put their tow cents in as to whether or not they think multiple shooters were involved.
    Sure did not take long for the anti gun crowd to start coming out though. "what is the government going to do to protect us?" blah blah. You are going to protect me from limiting the capacity of rounds I can have? Or you are going to protect me by limiting what types of firearms I own? Get outta here with that nonsense. People are sometimes evil, people sometimes snap, people sometimes feel that their life is over and misery loves company. Its a change of mindset that needs to happen. May sound sappy, but we need to return to raising our children to value life and their fellow human beings. To follow the golden rule and treat others as they would like to be treated, with honestly and love. Ideology drives all things, all actions throughout the world. Its like terrorism. Are we going to defeat them buy killing a bunch of them? Maybe in the short term if we allow ourselves to actually be violent enough which we dont because we let our politicians with no military experience run the show. So we "nation build" while we fight and die in these everlasting security operations. To defeat terrorism you have to defeat the ideology, you have to get em young and teach them the value of their fellow man regardless of differences. How many know what is taught by the Imams behind the closed doors of the mosque? We need Imams that mirror our values to teach that to the next generation etc. We have to be strong enough to say hey this country was not founded on sharia law and no we will not incorporate it even at the municipal level where Muslims may have a majority in some places...certain place in Michigan comes to mind. But we choke ourselves on our own political correctness and walk on egg shells not to offend anyone. Except Christians, you can offend them all day no big deal, but this nation was founded on Christian values. Even if you separate church and state, Christian values without calling them Christian are sound and set the conditions for a freedom, justice, and a nation that values its citizens. Sorry for the rant guys, I have to write an essay for a class soon and I may have just found my topic. lol. cheers.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    My only things about this being a possible conspiracy, If there were other shooters on other floors (Yes I have seen the videos) Then why are the windows not shot out on other floors ?

Let's be real, anyone with a slight understanding of the AR15 platform can put a shit load of rounds down range in 10 minutes.

Oh yeah definitely. Even without a bump-fire stock it's achievable. I believe there's an end game being played here by a much bigger party, not ISIS or Antifa, but I'll just put on my tinfoil suit and carry on. ;)

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Another thing that I heard that was disturbing is . . . it took SWAT 72 minutes from the time they were called to the time that they breached the door(s).
    That was just one report. The time could be wrong. If the time is right . . . kinda reminds me of Columbine.
    SAD . . VERY SAD . . . . . . ---- SAWMAN

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oh yeah definitely. Even without a bump-fire stock it's achievable. I believe there's an end game being played here by a much bigger party, not ISIS or Antifa, but I'll just put on my tinfoil suit and carry on. ;)

You and I are on the same page...

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Another thing that I heard that was disturbing is . . . it took SWAT 72 minutes from the time they were called to the time that they breached the door(s).
    That was just one report. The time could be wrong. If the time is right . . . kinda reminds me of Columbine.
    SAD . . VERY SAD . . . . . . ---- SAWMAN
    Ever been to Vegas? I'm surprised they got there that fast.

Top Bottom