• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I just want to know why and if he legally got the weapons, prayers for all affected.

What a shame now every crazy 64 plus old white man with guns will be a suspect

great....

I just turned 60 sunday...now I am a crazy old white man with a slingshot

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    the civil was I was asking about, is not between black and white, since I did not know race of shooter this am early, the
    conflict will be between the far left and the conservatives...

Red

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am really interested in the motive this guy had to do this. I guess anyone could have their reason to snap but this seems fairly well thought out. Guess we will never really know since he checked himself out.
    Interested to see what facts come out of this.
    - Premeditated? probably since he had checked in since the 28th and the number of weapons propositioned.
    - Good question on the 2 busted out windows. Same room? or did this guy book two rooms to provide two vantage points? Again points to premeditated.
    - Type of firearm used? Among the reported 10 found there were likely a mix of AR and AK variants. Youtube cell videos can help narrow down cyclic rates but hard to discern caliber from the audio. Maybe a drum was used or maybe a belt fed? Rate seemed a little high for an AK maybe not. Bumpfire stock could be possible since there seemed to be some inconsistency in the rhythm of the shots but even belt feds start to stutter when heating up. I guess we'll know more when they tell us.
    - Videos seem to point to a single shooter simply because of rate of fire. Standard snap, crackle, pop of rounds flying by and impacting then the bark of the rifle afterwards. Also seemed to be a good lull in between bursts of fire. Who knows what the delay was but whatever caused it thank God cause it certainly saved lives. Did the guy have some accomplices? I guess we'll find out.
    - ISIS claim of responsibility for the attach IMO is unlikely. If he converted and was a "true believer" I think there would have been additional shooters with him to maximize the carnage and the responders to the room would have had to "martyr" him as opposed to checking himself out. He would have likely tried to take out as many responders as he could before they overtook him. IMO the terrorism theory just does not make sense, but ya never know.
    - I cant even speculate on the gun control can o worms this evil crime will open, that remains to be seen, and hopefully cooler heads prevail on both sides of the aisle.
    - For me it really boils down to this guy as an individual and his circumstances leading up to his decision. A detailed pattern of life leading up to this will tell us a great deal into the mindset of this killer and hopefully be able to paint some sort of picture on this guy and his decision to do this.
    Most importantly our prayers for the departed, injured and their families. Hopefully a full and transparent investigation is conducted and released to give closure to the families.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just me thinking I think it was all planned. Cause I really think sometimes they want to live in a make believe world.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Make mind extra large

not predicting any motive, but it would not be shock to me he is of the mindset of the shooter at the baseball game scalise got shot at, liberal and triggered by a trump statement or something...

28bubba

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    not predicting any motive, but it would not be shock to me he is of the mindset of the shooter at the baseball game scalise got shot at, liberal and triggered by a trump statement or something...

That's what I was thinking also. Whatever the motive he definitely wasn't in the right frame of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The suite he was in was a 2 room suite so the delay may have been him going back and forth between rooms for the best angles to shoot into the most tightly packed group. He was a very wealthy real estate investor too so money doesn't look like an issue, hard to say, may never know for sure his motive.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe he was switching between rifles to let the barrel(s) cool from the full auto fire?

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    a binary trigger they are selling now that fires on pushing and releasing would also sound like an auto. Seems as soon as he ran a mag out he went to another rifle instead of reloading for max fire and changing from window to window

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    In the mean time, the tyranical government masquerading as a democracy in Spain gets to do what Lincoln did and no one will question it.

My tin foil hat is on also..

Top Bottom