• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    On sale. Attractive price. Can push the door in a good amount. The seal looks extremely generic. It's advertised as having a special seal that expands with heat. I'm just not sure how it's supposed to be a fireproof safe for 60 minutes let alone a few minutes. In the market.

jmfillin1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    On sale. Attractive price. Can push the door in a good amount. The seal looks extremely generic. It's advertised as having a special seal that expands with heat. I'm just not sure how it's supposed to be a fireproof safe for 60 minutes let alone a few minutes. In the market.
    I have their Winchester 24 gun safe. It's a great safe, I've had it for about 5 years or so. With that said, the "expanding seal" is pointless though. The adhesive failed and the whole bottom strip just fell out within 3-4 months of owning it. That was the only complaint I have though, and wishing I'd of gone bigger lol.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

the door is loose to allow for expansion. When the fire seal melts it should seal it if it has one. Sometimes there is an adjustment in side that will allow you to take up slack on some of the higher end models. Most of the newer Cannon Safes are imported.

Reactions: FLT

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jester896 is correct, there is an adjustment tab on the left side door flange. That seal will expand to several times as thick as it is now when heated.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I look at safes as a lifetime investment...not the most I can get for the least amount of money. They cut corners somewhere.

as long as you get the problematic NKL lock of of them they aren't bad fire protection. I have seen several of them come without a secondary re-lock in them. If you need factory support within the first year or whatever that warranty you can get it...not so much after that...their customer service falls way off.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    That does look like a good safe. BUTT no delivery. That might be a good little side business for a couple young men. I don't know if stores would refer customers to you or not due to liability issues. But ??? I'm guessing $100.00 or more depending on size.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have 1 from over 8 or more years ago and 1 from around 3 years ago, they get cheaper finish and parts every year but the gauge steel has been the same. The new ones are not the same as my older one that was made much better and came with a better power outlet with usb, cat5, hdmi, etc for home surveillance storage. They still go on sale during black friday for CHEAP but the stores only have a few in stock so you got to be the first 5 in line.

Ive had no problems with either of them. I did add some real wood supports inside to keep the particle wood from bending.

CaptRoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have a liberty Lincoln model and can tell a huge difference over my winchester safe that was broken into. Hinges, anti pry etc are all options that some of the cheaper safes do not have. Like I said do your homework. It suck to come home and fine your safe broken into and your stuff stolen. Also bolt it to the floor. Cheers,

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    That does look like a good safe. BUTT no delivery. That might be a good little side business for a couple young men. I don't know if stores would refer customers to you or not due to liability issues. But ??? I'm guessing $100.00 or more depending on size.
    Delivery for a big safe like that is going to start at 350. I'm going to tackle it myself if I do it. I moved my 40 gun. Pretty heavy. I'd imagine this one is another 150 pds or so.

CaptRoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Try liberty in mobile it is a regional store and they delivered mine for free. I also got a blem safe for half the cost. the blem was part of the material inside the safe was stained. Lol

Flounder Hounder

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    2# PVC pipe in the bed of a truck, it will roll right in. Even old men like me and my brother can handle a large safe easily. Once at home and unloaded, a pallet jack makes upright moving easier. or on it's side, more PVC pipe can roll it most places. Leverage is your friend.

Gunin4m

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I have a liberty Lincoln model and can tell a huge difference over my winchester safe that was broken into. Hinges, anti pry etc are all options that some of the cheaper safes do not have. Like I said do your homework. It suck to come home and fine your safe broken into and your stuff stolen. Also bolt it to the floor. Cheers,
    Can you share some details of how your safe was attacked? Was it the hinges or lock or around the door frame?

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Delivery for a big safe like that is going to start at 350.

I get $350-400 depending on the delivery....then mileage if it is a good ways.

1/4" steel rods work pretty well....on the unfinished bottom The larger the rod the faster it will move. Moving something that is top heavy is not an ideal item to move fast.

Most internet sales are curbside delivery only..in other words they drop it in the street in front of your house.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I moved my 800 lb Liberty safe with the help of 2 friends. I used a heavy-duty dolly and wheeled it to my utility trailer. I had the ramp/gate off the trailer.
    I put a thick blanket on the floor of the trailer and cardboard on the corner.
    So, I wheeled it up to the trailer and carefully laid it down on it’s back. Reversed the process when I got home.
    I could have done it with just one friend but I did not have any stairs to overcome.
    I originally was going to hire movers but most would not do it. I got a quote of $450 from one company.

Top Bottom