• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Has anyone heard about this and/or know more about the story? It appeared in the Gulf Breeze News this week, but I receive only an email synopsis of the edition so what appears below is all I have. "Waters Edge" is a new subdivision on Hwy 399/East Bay Blvd just north of Hwy 98, and has $500k+ homes.

"A white bus that pulled up in front of a residence on Refuge Circle, unloading 20-plus Hispanic youths, caused concern for some of the residents in Water’s Edge neighborhood. The bus had lettering on the side indicating it was affiliated with Lighthouse Private Christian Academy, but officials at the school did not go on the record about who the students..."

Little Jack

Master
    Saw a blurb on it. Sounded like the academy got them into the states for soccer from Brazil. There was an issue with the "on campus" housing not being up to code so the academy put them up in the house. Neighbors reported the issue when they saw the number of people entering the house. Fire dept got involved. That's about all I got from it. I have no previous knowledge of the academy before reading about this issue.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Wow, thanks to all for the information. I never even thought to google it to learn more. This situation and the academy itself seems to be pretty fishy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom