• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluesBrother

Master
    I agree. It does not matter her color, creed, gender, or sexual preference.

What matters is that the US wasted time on securing the release of someone who was rightfully arrested for smuggling drugs simply because they are an athlete. Idiotic.
    Opinion by Guy Reschenthaler • Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Was American teacher left behind in Russian prison camp because he wasn't woke enough for Team Biden?

Russians imprisoned American teacher for drug offense similar to Griner’s but he’s still in custody.

In August 2021, Marc Fogel was detained at the Sheremetyevo Airport with a small amount of medical marijuana prescribed for his chronic back pain – similar to Griner’s situation. (I never received clarification on whether griner has a valid medical prescription.) Does any one know? Less than a year later, Fogel was sentenced to 14 years of hard labor in a Russian prison, a sentence usually reserved for large-scale drug smugglers. He has been in custody ever since.
    What makes Marc Fogel, an American educator's case different from griner's? The same things that should not matter. To the point, they did matter in Fogel's case.

1671322270063.png

Fogel with wife Jane.

Last edited:

NavCorman

Master
    That last part? About trading for an arms dealer and leaving marines stuck in that hellhole? Im 100% on board an in agreement with you. Thats a real honest argument.

But everything else about the flag and stuff? Hard disagree. We have a right to burn flags and not stand for the pledge, the government has had supreme court hearings on the matter.

In fact, hating the US (again, the government, and not the mythos behind the country or the virtues for which we nominally represent) is 100% the most american thing you can do.

I mentioned Vietnam veterans to show the double standard though. Many were drafted. Many fled the country and lived in exile, still many more unironically and genuinely hated this country. And that is their right. Not a single law says you have to love this country, and to compel people to do so by force is literally the way the RU operates.

The pledge itself didnt become so ubiquitous until after WW2. Its a virtue-signal for people who want to circle-jerk over their “righteous patriotism”.

Do you thank veterans for their service too? I used to, until i found out that most of them see it as some kind of forced virtue-signaling silliness.

Now i dont thank them. Because it isnt genuine, or rather, they dont think it is.
    Do you burn the flag ? So people who stand for presentation of the colors the flag , or show respect the flag , or National anthem are virtue signaling their righteous patriotism ? Do you burn the flag ?

SUPERLITE69

Expert
    I agree. It does not matter her color, creed, gender, or sexual preference.

What matters is that the US wasted time on securing the release of someone who was rightfully arrested for smuggling drugs simply because they are an athlete. Idiotic.

Others seemed to have missed that point. Your public support is very much appreciated.

SUPERLITE69

Expert
    Well that's where we differ then. I'm thankful. And yes I do thanks vets when I get the chance. That's just me.
    The vets you keep referring to. I wasn't even born yet. I can't pretend to know what was exactly going on then tbh. But they aren't sitting in a foreign prison cell asking for favors after smuggling narcotics tho are they? If they were, I suspect they would have been afforded to same opion I have now. Do the crime, do the time. Besides, most that I know of that was "burning flags" was draft dodgers in the streets. Very little if any of those who actually served disrespected America itself. They was angry that the "government" betrayed them. Not USA.
    USA isn't a thing, a person, or group of politicians. It's an ideal we hold dear. 3rd in line of God, family, country.
    Without it, pride, and respect for it, it's all for nothing. We may as well be in a dictatorship. That way we learn again to value what we take so much for granted

Whether the veterans who came before you happened to languish away in a russian cell is irrelevant.

You dislike griner for being un-patriotic, but play a game of social-apologia for those who you *think* were patriotic.

Why do you care if some of those who burned flags were draft-dodgers? The draft is garbage anyway. And I explicitly said that there were veterans who harbored anti-us opinions. I can pull up footage of veterans who threw their combat-earned medals into the potomic and chanted against the US.

The USA *is* the government. You dont want to admit it, and you might not even realize it, because the truth is wrapped up in so much virtue-signaling faux-patriotism, and defended by cherry picking and no-true-scotsmen, but your arguments in defence of withholding support of a US citizen, explicitly because she kneeled for a silly pledge, reek of boot-polish.

SUPERLITE69

Expert
    Do you burn the flag ? So people who stand for presentation of the colors the flag , or show respect the flag , or National anthem are virtue signaling their righteous patriotism ? Do you burn the flag ?
    I dont burn flags, unless theyre no longer fit to fly per US Flag Code. But thats not relevant. Your own beloved government has affirmed the right of anyone to burn a flag if they so choose.

Yes, anthems at every ball game, standing at attention for the presentation of the flag, prostrating yourself in a show of subservience, these are all hyper-nationalist and silly little traditions that people are afraid to not follow because its a social faux-pas.

If you think you need to throw yourself down in front of the flag (probably made in china out of chinesium), you’re caught up in mass hysteria to “prove” to everyone else youre a patriot.

SUPERLITE69

Expert
    There you go again. If there were points that didn't come across, that's on you. Gee, is there a political leaning ideology or group that comes to mind that can't discuss intellectual topics without labels or innuendo? It's not that they're stupid, it's that they know so much that isn't so.
    The irony is palpable. You dismiss people you dont like as gay, trans, liberal, and anything else that your wrinkle-free brain can conjure up as an insult, all while leaving hilariously ironic comments.

Look up Dunning-Kruger for me, babe.

NavCorman

Master
    I dont burn flags, unless theyre no longer fit to fly per US Flag Code. But thats not relevant. Your own beloved government has affirmed the right of anyone to burn a flag if they so choose.

Yes, anthems at every ball game, standing at attention for the presentation of the flag, prostrating yourself in a show of subservience, these are all hyper-nationalist and silly little traditions that people are afraid to not follow because its a social faux-pas.

If you think you need to throw yourself down in front of the flag (probably made in china out of chinesium), you’re caught up in mass hysteria to “prove” to everyone else youre a patriot.
    It’s not to prove to anyone one else I’m a patriot that I stand for the colors. I don’t think that’s the reason anybody stands . You’re as subservient to this government as anybody else . You follow the laws just like everyone, For all the disdain you have for its laws and rules , you still obey them . Talking yourself up on this forum is hilarious . You are your own hype man . Have a great one .

SUPERLITE69

Expert
    It’s not to prove to anyone one else I’m a patriot that I stand for the colors. I don’t think that’s the reason anybody stands . You’re as subservient to this government as anybody else . You follow the laws just like everyone, For all the disdain you have for its laws and rules , you still obey them . Talking yourself up on this forum is hilarious . You are your own hype man . Have a great one .
    “You follow the laws, therefore you cant complain about them”

This is peak cuckoldry, its just this time the Bull is Uncle Sam, lmao.

Spit the shoe polish out before you speak to me, lmao.

I also never talked myself up.

BluesBrother

Master
    The irony is palpable. You dismiss people you dont like as gay, trans, liberal, and anything else that your wrinkle-free brain can conjure up as an insult, all while leaving hilariously ironic comments.

Look up Dunning-Kruger for me, babe.
    whatever, last free bump from me. you have the arrogant part right. Trying to get your clicks up by being controversial. Sorry, I'm not playing.

Last edited:

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Whether the veterans who came before you happened to languish away in a russian cell is irrelevant.

You dislike griner for being un-patriotic, but play a game of social-apologia for those who you *think* were patriotic.

Why do you care if some of those who burned flags were draft-dodgers? The draft is garbage anyway. And I explicitly said that there were veterans who harbored anti-us opinions. I can pull up footage of veterans who threw their combat-earned medals into the potomic and chanted against the US.

The USA *is* the government. You dont want to admit it, and you might not even realize it, because the truth is wrapped up in so much virtue-signaling faux-patriotism, and defended by cherry picking and no-true-scotsmen, but your arguments in defence of withholding support of a US citizen, explicitly because she kneeled for a silly pledge, reek of boot-polish.
    This is why in courts they restrict the testimonies to strictly to what's about the case. Murders don't get to ask the jury "well what about that vet that killed 500 people also."
    So trying to hold an intelligent conversation while trying to politely entertain all the "what about-isms" of other people is hard, if not pure impossible.
    Good luck yall lol

Snake-Eyes

Master
    That last part? About trading for an arms dealer and leaving marines stuck in that hellhole? Im 100% on board an in agreement with you. Thats a real honest argument.

But everything else about the flag and stuff? Hard disagree. We have a right to burn flags and not stand for the pledge, the government has had supreme court hearings on the matter.

In fact, hating the US (again, the government, and not the mythos behind the country or the virtues for which we nominally represent) is 100% the most american thing you can do.

I mentioned Vietnam veterans to show the double standard though. Many were drafted. Many fled the country and lived in exile, still many more unironically and genuinely hated this country. And that is their right. Not a single law says you have to love this country, and to compel people to do so by force is literally the way the RU operates.

The pledge itself didnt become so ubiquitous until after WW2. Its a virtue-signal for people who want to circle-jerk over their “righteous patriotism”.

Do you thank veterans for their service too? I used to, until i found out that most of them see it as some kind of forced virtue-signaling silliness.

Now i dont thank them. Because it isnt genuine, or rather, they dont think it is.

Are you a veteran of the US Armed Forces?

If so, then just speak for yourself.
    Regardless, don’t speak for those of us who are.

If someone thanks me for my service, I don’t automatically consider it “some kind of virtue-signaling silliness”. It depends on the person saying it, whether it seems genuine or not.

So if you genuinely don’t care, then yeah, don’t thank them: they’ll know you’re a fake.
    If you do care, then your appreciation will be obvious, and humbling.

The pledge of allegiance isn’t a damn “virtue signal”, either.

You seem to have a problem with people having a Good opinion of this Nation. As if the only explanation is your favorite term: “virtue signaling”.

Perhaps, take your own advice and keep to the topic of this thread, instead of heaping a bunch of assumptions on an entire group of people that you probably aren’t even a member of...

SUPERLITE69

Expert
    This is why in courts they restrict the testimonies to strictly to what's about the case. Murders don't get to ask the jury "well what about that vet that killed 500 people also."
    So trying to hold an intelligent conversation while trying to politely entertain all the "what about-isms" of other people is hard, if not pure impossible.
    Good luck yall lol
    Courts will look at previous cases that have established precedent, however, and weigh the outcome of that case in relation to another case.

Beyond that, my mentioning of veterans with anti-US sentiments serves to highlight a double standard. Its not a whataboutism.

Beyond that, youre polite enough, so i appreciate your discourse and hope you have a good day.

SUPERLITE69

Expert
    Are you a veteran of the US Armed Forces?

If so, then just speak for yourself.
    Regardless, don’t speak for those of us who are.

If someone thanks me for my service, I don’t automatically consider it “some kind of virtue-signaling silliness”. It depends on the person saying it, whether it seems genuine or not.

So if you genuinely don’t care, then yeah, don’t thank them: they’ll know you’re a fake.
    If you do care, then your appreciation will be obvious, and humbling.

The pledge of allegiance isn’t a damn “virtue signal”, either.

You seem to have a problem with people having a Good opinion of this Nation. As if the only explanation is your favorite term: “virtue signaling”.

Perhaps, take your own advice and keep to the topic of this thread, instead of heaping a bunch of assumptions on an entire group of people that you probably aren’t even a member of...
    “Speak for yourself”

>proceeds to not speak for himself.

Shut up, lol.

“Dont heap assumptions”

>proceeds to heap assumptions.

I dont have a problem with people who like America, nor do i think that the pledge in and of itself is a virtue signal. I think people who get up in a furor and are pro-revoking protections/rights for not standing up for the pledge are insufferable, deplorable, anti-american morons. And its for THEM, that the pledge, and all things patriotic, are virtue signals.

Anyways i found the fella with the ASVAB waiver lol.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    “Speak for yourself”

>proceeds to not speak for himself.

Shut up, lol.

“Dont heap assumptions”

>proceeds to heap assumptions.

I dont have a problem with people who like America, nor do i think that the pledge in and of itself is a virtue signal. I think people who get up in a furor and are pro-revoking protections/rights for not standing up for the pledge are insufferable, deplorable, anti-american morons. And its for THEM, that the pledge, and all things patriotic, are virtue signals.

Anyways i found the fella with the ASVAB waiver lol.

Jesus H. Reason-For-The-Season...

You conveniently failed to answer my question, so I’ll take that as the answer. Your ability to spell “ASVAB” doesn’t fool anyone, either.

This is a Gun Forum. YOU are the new-guy.
    Not even here a month, and you’re already calling people “nobody” and telling others to “Shut up”. Such self-control and respectful dialogue... really helps makes the decision on what kind of person you are.

Thanks for self-identifying for us.

Merry Christmas.

Top Bottom