• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    And above is "the rest of the story".

Anyway ..... I had three springs vs two. Two springs are unused in my parts box. Both measure 1.074". The one in my gun with 1500rds(~)on it measures 1.069". The measurment is from flat to flat.

Note: all three of my springs are a super dull color. Kinda like a milspec AR mag. I ordered the spare springs for a (my) Benelli M1 Super 90 from Brownell's in about 1999(~).

Also ..... if I owned the gun I would lube the inside of the carrier,the spring in question,and the back of the bolt .. WITH GREASE. Some Tetra Gun or Reel Lube on a cotton swab and wipe it around real good. Inside of the spring and between the coils. The outside of the carrier I would lube with a good helping of Break Free CLP (like I do my AR's). IOW's --> run it wet like a AR. At least for 100rds or so.

Good luck with that gun. In the meantime .... for dove .... get yourself a Mossburg pump gun, 20ga with the youth model stock and short throw forearm,and vent rib with changeable chokes. I bought one of these for my wife quite a few years ago but I love it for dove/quail. --- SAWMAN

fish-e

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sawman, you are one of the good ones brother. Thank you for the time you put in with my problem today. I'll take your advice and do everything that you said. You have a good one sir.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Thanks much for the kind words sir.

One more ---> If you are gonna run more ammo thru the gun I really believe that you can simply use full power 2 3/4" shells. they are tons cheaper and will adequately work the parts of the gun that "need" to be broke in.

Thinking on it last night,I really feel that the spring itself is not the problem with the function of the gun. As with AR's,sometimes it is a combo of everything. By this,I am not sayin' the everything if frigged up. Just that all the parts that work with each other,rub on each other,turn against each other,need to be wore in to each other. Some of the higher end 1911's are like this.

Basically you can strip it down completely and buff,polish,shine,and smooth up every single piece of the gun ... OR ... just go shoot it.

You are still welcome to try one of my springs if this does not work out for you. I just have a feeling that the spring that came with your gun is slightly different that the springs designated for my gun. It would really have to be unless the moving mass(BCG)in your gun is somewhat heavier to handle the 3.5" ammo.

Let us know how it goes. --- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Capture 0.jpeg

Above from current benelli owners manual. Same is in my 20+ YO manual. Download manual @ benelli site. Also has troubleshooting section.

A detail strip, clean and PROPERLY LUBE is alway my first action when I have cycling issues.

Good luck.

Attachments

• Capture 0.jpeg
      Capture 0.jpeg
      23.8 KB · Views: 155
    Last edited:

fish-e

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's what I asked Benelli, "was told to cycle 200 rounds of 3 1/2 shells through my new super vinci before it will start to cycle 2 3/4 shells. My shoulder can't take that. What other options do i have?"

Here's what they responded with, "They don't have to be 3 1/2" shells. They can be heavy 3" loads as well."

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did you run through the troubleshooting guide step by step? It has some simple things like checking the barrel lockdown cap. Just incase its not break-in related. Shooting gloves and off the hip stance. Mine is a old H&K Beni M3 (pump and semi auto) 2 3/4. No probs. After checking the gun blogs, I find there is a mix of owners that had and didn't break in issues. Since mine is real old and the issue of "may need to cycle a few boxes.....) has been there that long; it is just the nature of the beast. You could roll and tape a towel to help with the shoulder. The best thing I can say is stick with it. It will be worth it in the long run.

outside9

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was told to cycle 200 rounds of 3 1/2 through it to break it in. I don't have the shoulder for that. As of right now it won't cycle 2 3\4 and dove season is coming up. suggestions?
    I hope you didn't buy it for turkey hunting, will take a long time to shoot 200 rounds.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

fish-e

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just put another 100 rounds through it of 3" size 3 shot. Still won't cycle 2 3/4 size 7 1/2. I'm gonna put another 100 rounds through it in a few weeks and see what happens.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Regrets. If you went through te troubleshooting section of te manual and didn't find anything, plus the ammo, and other shooters of your gun had the same problem: it needs to go back.

Keep us posted.

fish-e

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    "We aren’t able to find out what exactly is causing the firearm problems. So, to get you taken care of we are going to replace the firearm with a new one. Unfortunately, we don’t have any of the Opti Marsh camo left. We can replace with with a Max5 if you will except that?
    Let me know so I can get the order written."

I'm thinking I just want to get my money back now. I'm not going to put another 100 rounds thought this one just to break it in. I've spent enough money.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    What I would do ----> Tell them to refund you the money that it cost you(within reason)for the "break in"(yeah,right,BULLSHIT)of the other gun or you want the complete cost of the weapon refunded IN FULL !!

IMO,a consumer has the right to get what they pay for. Did you not pay for a piece of equipment that was suppose to WORK ?? Another IMO ..... the "break in" of a weapon is supposed to allow the parts to wear in together to a certain extent. The equipment(in this case a firearm)is supposed to actually WORK, but get better after a FEW rds are run thru it.

From what I hear,Benelli of late is not the Benelli of the past anyway. I have had absolutely NO problems with my M1 Super 90. I had a friend that bought two of them when I bought mine also .... no problems ... NONE. This was approximately 1993 'ish. --- SAWMAN

fish-e

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    UPDATE: Sent the gun back to Benelli and they said, "Dunno what's wrong with it, we'll send you a new one in a different camo" I asked for a refund on the ammo i used putting rounds through a broken gun and the said that was, "ludicrous". So I went to Gander Mountain and they got me a new super vinci in the Optifade Camo I wanted. Guess what....200 rounds later it didn't cycle 2 3\4. I was at santa rosa shooting center and asked the range master his opinion and he shot a few rounds through it without it jamming then it started jamming on him. He took it back to the shop there at the range, and broke it down, cleaned it, oiled it and put it back together. We went back out and it was still jamming. The only thing that the super vinci's had in common was the optifade camo. (maybe the camo dip interfered in some way? They were a SOB to put together) i went back to gander mountain and they swapped it out for me for the Max 5 camo super vinci. So I'm off to the range today with my third benelli to "break it in" If this doesn't cycle at the end of the day....i don't know....i can't imagine that it wouldn't. Gander said that I was the only one that they've seen bring back a defective Benelli.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The only common link thru all the guns is a problem with 2 3/4 loads at this point. Are you trying different loads ( low and high brass/charge weight? Has Beni changed something in the inertia operating system? Mine is an older H&K Beni
    2 3/4 only. Whatever allows the system to operate at different recoil inertia force levels is the problem. It is said that this system will not work if the Beni is held against a solid object and not allowed to move backward have you fired it loose from the hip?

Last edited:

fish-e

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Done with Benelli. Got an Over and Under Silver Pigeon Sporting. I'd like to see that have cycling problems on me! Benelli hasn't gotten back to me on what's wrong.

Top Bottom