Target Sports

Braced Pistols to become SBR's starting in December?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drc2777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Saw this coming down the pipeline, surprised they managed to keep it afloat all the way to December, though the few things I'm curious about is if the 2A sanctuary counties, states, etc. are going to prevent it from being enforced?

It's kind of a reason why, as much as I want to get into NFA items, I just don't want to deal with the hassle of storage as work takes me places, some where I can't bring that sort of stuff over. It's another reason I sold my AK pistol, and kind of why as much as I'd want to get into having a PDW, it feels kind of moot without something to shoulder it properly.

What surprises me about all of this, I'd figure the powers-to-be would see that maybe a lot of these laws restricting the length of a firearm might be heavily unpopular and not do anything to really counteract any actual crime stats, especially considering how popular CCW has become over the years.

At a minimum, I would figure they'd ACTUALLY REQUIRE A FIXED PISTOL BRACE, versus anything with a folding stock or without, just looking at what criminal elements typically go for most of the time with firearms.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm curious about is if the 2A sanctuary counties, states, etc. are going to prevent it from being enforced?

James Calkins will be standing in your yard with his shotgun ready to take on the ATF for sure!!!!

No, that 2A sanctuary bullshit is nothing more than pandering to voters. Doesn't mean shit. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

nwfdub

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I get the solvent trap thing. This one though doesn't make sense. The squeeze isn't worth the juice, and they know it. Otherwise, why give amnesty? Also, as the guy says, it's a political move. Very possible this could changed again in the future once the winds fly in a different direction.

Sent from my SM-G715U using Tapatalk

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I've heard mention of Tennessee allowing SBRs. Not sure how it works but it appears to be true. Heck Texas took a leap on allowing suppressors so long as they're made in the state and stay there. I've heard the ATF tax laws are "supposed" to only apply when moving certain "taxable" items across state lines. Like how they tax cigarettes and alcohol as it travels thru each state. How this got started on guns is weird. I'll let someone better versed on the laws and history explain all that. It's a convoluted mess for sure lol

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Here's what you see after just a quick search...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220904-074111_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20220904-074111_Chrome.jpg
      214.1 KB · Views: 62

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    The chatter I heard made it sound as if they can buy and sell pistols with actual stocks on them there. But they could have it mixed up and the state used to not allow any SBRs and now allows them to be sold with braces. I just woke up and too lazy to check for myself and clarify lol

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    There's an estimated 20-30 million braced AR pistols that have been sold as such in the US. They're working on the reform website supposedly. It's ridiculous and is just another registry system. Already, the ATF has been doing inspections of FFLs and copying books. If an FFL loses their license or surrenders it, they have to turn over all their records that they're required to keep, meaning the government has a database, even though they're not supposed to.

If they sell then the new owner can keep the old records - but there is a lot of liability in that - you are taking on someone else’s work.

Someone needs to start a non-profit ffl operator to take over closing shops’ records…

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I may go out and buy a disappearing ink pen to fill out my forms for now! Take that ATF!:cool:

Hinote

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's amazing how having something is a danger to society unless you give the government $200. And since when did Law Enforcement become Law Enactment? It's the same with forced reset triggers. By definition they're 100% legal but ATF says they're machine guns. I'm surprised they didn't just make you pay for a $200 stamp on those as well.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    It's amazing how having something is a danger to society unless you give the government $200. And since when did Law Enforcement become Law Enactment? It's the same with forced reset triggers. By definition they're 100% legal but ATF says they're machine guns. I'm surprised they didn't just make you pay for a $200 stamp on those as well.
    Its coming. Every time you give up a little bit, they just want more.

bigken

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So what would this classify mcks as? Just illegal or would the attachment need to be registered as something it's not?

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Stop givin them ideas!

SJB

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    In America, everything is legal for a price. If you have money, you can get away with it. Just look at the ATF, democrats....

Top Bottom