Braced Pistols to become SBR's starting in December?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LordPorter1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am just bummed at so many levels, I shoot in Alabama and live in Navarre. All my short barrels are on pistols and all 4 of my suppressors just got out of jail. Now I have to register half a dozen guns or be a felon some of them don’t offer barrels for sale so I would have to just remove braces. With 2k in braces and having the pistols am I compliant? I mean the hole goes deeper and deeper and I will tell what this is doing, exactly what my old man told me when I was little. They won’t ever take them by force they will just price us out of owning them. Ammo costs have tripled, gun prices, back ground check charges, FFL transfer fees, suppressor taxes, increased wait times for all of it and now this. Our kids kids won’t get go plinking and grow up around it and it’s sad to see. We are going to end up a weak country. Lots of people on here preaching about long guns and no need for short barrels. Well it’s quite cumbersome suppressing long barrels and what about the whole American way of just because it’s not for you doesn’t mean it should be outlawed thing…….the IRS is going to be better armed than us soon…….

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Wait it out, let GOA and FPC and others fight it. Don't be a bootlicker and comply because we all know this isn't legit.
    I can agree to a point. Do you want to be that guy that gets the federals all over you and deal with the shitstorm that comes while the case goes through the courts to be overturned? I think someone is going to have to be that guinea pig, but I sure don't want it to be me. I don't own any braced pistols, nor have I planned on buying any, but I'm definitely against the infringement. Many people have had their lives ruined by the government only to have their cases overturned in court.

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't owned a bullpup yet. If I did, I'd only own a downward ejecting model. If you're right handed and have a right sight ejector, you can't switch shoulders due to the ejecting brass. So it's stuck to your right shoulder always. This becomes a major problem if you have to peek around a left side corner of a building, (if you're facing the wall, the corner to your left.) You're then forced to expose 3/4 of your body to peek around, see, target and engage the shooter. By then you're usually taking hits long before you can see what to shoot back at.

Myself that's one major drawback I learned early on and never got around to messing much with any of them. There's more reasons but I'm trying not to derail the thread too much sorry lol.

I have a few shorties. They're hard to beat for close up work, vehicles and concealment. If worst comes to worst tho I'd just do the push pull methods on a sling before I register one these days. They're gaining steam with flat out promises to take them all. Herds of sheep are lining up behind them and screaming that they hate having too many rights and want less, and others should be forced to give then up too. It's mind boggling to me that anyone trusts them to any extent. Let alone trust thier safety to them.
    Especially now that we are a danger to "democracy". I had a liberal tell me the other day that he wouldn't mind declaring martial law in red states and drone striking us. If that isn't total and complete indoctrination by a future fascist dictatorship, idk what is.

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hopefully to us for the good. I just don't see this being possible in a period of less than 2 years, if not longer. There couldn't be a person approving, basically instant approval with an algorithm that recognized the picture as a fire arm and then sends you into a database.

So many questions. Just ar15 or allllll braced fire arms. We need specifics.
    Sure, just push through another bill that hires another 200k ATF agents for "processing" of paperwork. And when the paperwork is done they can go door to door lol. Just like the IRS agents are going to start poking around in our bank accounts when they are done auditing "the rich people".

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    James Calkins will be standing in your yard with his shotgun ready to take on the ATF for sure!!!!

No, that 2A sanctuary bullshit is nothing more than pandering to voters. Doesn't mean shit. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Agreed. Until I see county sheriffs and other LEOs standing toe to toe with the feds in defense of these horrendous constitutional violations, literally at gunpoint, I put little hope in any lip service offered by the states that claim this.

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can agree to a point. Do you want to be that guy that gets the federals all over you and deal with the shitstorm that comes while the case goes through the courts to be overturned? I think someone is going to have to be that guinea pig, but I sure don't want it to be me. I don't own any braced pistols, nor have I planned on buying any, but I'm definitely against the infringement. Many people have had their lives ruined by the government only to have their cases overturned in court.
    Nobody wants to be the guinea pig, that's why everybody keeps complying with the stair stepping regulation. Jobs, family, homes, vehicles, life...we all have too much to lose. But when do we draw the line? The final step when they have a list of every firearm everybody owns, and then finally decide it's time to go door to door and take them all? The result is going to be the same, unless of course you just let them take them.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Especially now that we are a danger to "democracy". I had a liberal tell me the other day that he wouldn't mind declaring martial law in red states and drone striking us. If that isn't total and complete indoctrination by a future fascist dictatorship, idk what is.

“he wouldn’t mind” ?

Hopefully you told him of course he wouldn’t mind. Most f-ing cowards are happy to have someone else do the dirty work.

Perhaps he would feel differently if he had a clue about that which he so flippantly endorses.

Even nestled down in the libtopia of Tampon and Whorelando, you should try to stay away from idiots like that.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Okay I'm a bit lost. I can't find the "eform1" ? All the ones I've found are print and snail mail.
    Anyone have the correct web address to do it online? Any tips (other than Don't do it)?

maverick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Just a thought...If one removes a brace and said attaching hardware, would this qualify as an incomplete firearm?

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Lmao yeah. They think that a "Civil war" will be like the wars of the past 50 years where only our poor do selective service to go fight a war as they sit back and armchair quarterback it from the proganda station "aka news" of thier choice. They have zero clue as to what a civil war would really look like. Heck most won't survive the looting mobs that will pop up overnight that they begged to keep out of jail lol.
    I see alot of those types online. They'll be watching things like the Ukraine war and let's say there's a video on YouTube showing Russians surrendering. They will be in the comments saying why not just kill them all now? And so on. They say the dumbest and darkest things. Totally brainwashed and have lost all respect for others lives. That will change fast if they get what they want. They'll find our very fast that thier group is no where near as big as they like to think vs the group who just want to be left alone.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    i hope you told him he is an idiot...

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lmao yeah. They think that a "Civil war" will be like the wars of the past 50 years where only our poor do selective service to go fight a war as they sit back and armchair quarterback it from the proganda station "aka news" of thier choice. They have zero clue as to what a civil war would really look like. Heck most won't survive the looting mobs that will pop up overnight that they begged to keep out of jail lol.
    I see alot of those types online. They'll be watching things like the Ukraine war and let's say there's a video on YouTube showing Russians surrendering. They will be in the comments saying why not just kill them all now? And so on. They say the dumbest and darkest things. Totally brainwashed and have lost all respect for others lives. That will change fast if they get what they want. They'll find our very fast that thier group is no where near as big as they like to think vs the group who just want to be left alone.
    It's pretty disgusting watching them flex their baby nuts in regards to guns and civil war.
    They don't realize most of us would never want to see war on our home turf. It's not glorious or cool.
    More and more you see them congregating in their reddit echo chambers talking about how "we have guns too lol",
    as if we buy guns to fight our own countrymen, when the reality is we are the silent ones who are just staying prepared
    and standing our ground to keep our rights. And that's for EVERYONE. I don't have selective reasoning when it comes to the constitution,
    all voices heard, all property and persons secured, and everyone has a right to self defense.

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i hope you told him he is an idiot...
    I told him he has some poison in his mind and hate in his heart and to take a good look in the mirror and think about who the bad guys really are, and walked away. People think I'm a liberal many times because of the industry I work in and say some crazy shit. I lost a client, but I don't want to even look at him again.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I told him he has some poison in his mind and hate in his heart and to take a good look in the mirror and think about who the bad guys really are, and walked away. People think I'm a liberal many times because of the industry I work in and say some crazy shit. I lost a client, but I don't want to even look at him again.
    i see pictures of liberals arming themselves, got their little tactical vests on with 4-5 lded mags, showing off their guns.....

but our side has like 8 trillion bullets...beware libs...don't start what you can't finish

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Liberals are foolish at best, they remind me of school yard bully’s, they will push till someone punches them in the nose. At that point they’ll piss on themselves and cry out for their mommies. I’ve never understood the desire to provoke a man that just wanted to be left alone.

5.56Operator

Hero of the Imperium
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

New illegal ATF ruling changing laws to make braced pistols SBR's starting in December. Apparently, they'll give an amnesty period where you can form 1 the weapon for free, but it will still be an NFA item from then on, and subject to whatever they decide after the fact concerning NFA items. Also, makes them damned hard to sell later on.

B E C O M E
    E
    C
    O
    M
    E

U N G O V E R N A B L E
    N
    G
    O
    V
    E