Braced Pistols to become SBR's starting in December?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SJB

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    But guys, the ATF is such a great and amazing organization. They're only trying to protect us from these fully semi-automatic Assault Rifle-15 pistols. You should really put more faith in what they are doing. :rolleyes:

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I feel the same way. I like the idea of a shorter rifle, but short barrels in most rifle calibers really hurt the performance. Guess that's why I have always been drawn to bullpups, though they are not without their faults (i.e. shit triggers).
    I haven't owned a bullpup yet. If I did, I'd only own a downward ejecting model. If you're right handed and have a right sight ejector, you can't switch shoulders due to the ejecting brass. So it's stuck to your right shoulder always. This becomes a major problem if you have to peek around a left side corner of a building, (if you're facing the wall, the corner to your left.) You're then forced to expose 3/4 of your body to peek around, see, target and engage the shooter. By then you're usually taking hits long before you can see what to shoot back at.

Myself that's one major drawback I learned early on and never got around to messing much with any of them. There's more reasons but I'm trying not to derail the thread too much sorry lol.

I have a few shorties. They're hard to beat for close up work, vehicles and concealment. If worst comes to worst tho I'd just do the push pull methods on a sling before I register one these days. They're gaining steam with flat out promises to take them all. Herds of sheep are lining up behind them and screaming that they hate having too many rights and want less, and others should be forced to give then up too. It's mind boggling to me that anyone trusts them to any extent. Let alone trust thier safety to them.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I haven't owned a bullpup yet. If I did, I'd only own a downward ejecting model. If you're right handed and have a right sight ejector, you can't switch shoulders due to the ejecting brass. So it's stuck to your right shoulder always. This becomes a major problem if you have to peek around a left side corner of a building, (if you're facing the wall, the corner to your left.) You're then forced to expose 3/4 of your body to peek around, see, target and engage the shooter. By then you're usually taking hits long before you can see what to shoot back at.

Myself that's one major drawback I learned early on and never got around to messing much with any of them. There's more reasons but I'm trying not to derail the thread too much sorry lol.

I have a few shorties. They're hard to beat for close up work, vehicles and concealment. If worst comes to worst tho I'd just do the push pull methods on a sling before I register one these days. They're gaining steam with flat out promises to take them all. Herds of sheep are lining up behind them and screaming that they hate having too many rights and want less, and others should be forced to give then up too. It's mind boggling to me that anyone trusts them to any extent. Let alone trust thier safety to them.
    There are several bullpups that are either downward ejecting or forward ejecting. I've shot an AUG that was set up for a lefty when I was in Bosnia in the late 90's. It was far from ideal and required me to use an awkward grip, but it's doable if there's a need. Only other bullpup other than a .22lr was a Tavor, and I didn't shoot it left handed, though I might try next time I go to the range with a buddy of mine and he brings his. It might work better. The FN F2000 and Keltec RFB forward eject, the Keltec RDB is a bottom eject, and I think there's a variant of the Deserttech MDR that's forward eject, but I haven't shot any of those, but all offer barrel lengths that don't nerf the hell out of your ballistics with 5.56. If I have the choice, I'll take 18-20" barrels over a 10.5 or 14inch that you get from most AR Pistols.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    There are several bullpups that are either downward ejecting or forward ejecting. I've shot an AUG that was set up for a lefty when I was in Bosnia in the late 90's. It was far from ideal and required me to use an awkward grip, but it's doable if there's a need. Only other bullpup other than a .22lr was a Tavor, and I didn't shoot it left handed, though I might try next time I go to the range with a buddy of mine and he brings his. It might work better. The FN F2000 and Keltec RFB forward eject, the Keltec RDB is a bottom eject, and I think there's a variant of the Deserttech MDR that's forward eject, but I haven't shot any of those, but all offer barrel lengths that don't nerf the hell out of your ballistics with 5.56. If I have the choice, I'll take 18-20" barrels over a 10.5 or 14inch that you get from most AR Pistols.
    Yeah desert tech makes a bolt bullpup sniper rifle that looks awesome

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    This might not be the worst thing ever. Tens of millions of braced pistols being reclassed as SBRs overnight suddenly makes SBRs firearms that are in common use - and we all know what that means.

Not getting my hopes up, but what if ;)
    That same logic dictates that braced firearms are already in common use as they are now tho right?

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    That same logic dictates that braced firearms are already in common use as they are now tho right?

You'd think, but this is the government we're talking about here. I was thinking along the lines of the absolutely massive backlog of form 1s this is going to create. Might force somebody's hand somewhere.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    You'd think, but this is the government we're talking about here. I was thinking along the lines of the absolutely massive backlog of form 1s this is going to create. Might force somebody's hand somewhere.
    Hopefully to us for the good. I just don't see this being possible in a period of less than 2 years, if not longer. There couldn't be a person approving, basically instant approval with an algorithm that recognized the picture as a fire arm and then sends you into a database.

So many questions. Just ar15 or allllll braced fire arms. We need specifics.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    There's a side of me that wants to go buy 10 or more cheapo lowers, with no logos. Then photo each one with the same upper and brace on it over and over. Then get those lowers approved. Then just sit and see how it pans out. I won't do it to the guns I want to keep tho. That's for sure. Later on they may be worth more if they close the SBR registry also. (That's my greedy inner sheep thinking lol)

Then again tho, fuck them. Playing along will justify thier actions. They can only push us around if we allow them. Self compliance is key. They can't arrest everyone. By me doing this, I'll screw myself over, then my kids and grandkids, and thier kids over. I'd be selling them out. If we comply yet again and just bend over and take it. It will look as if we agree. We don't. (That's my patriot in me speaking)

Then the next month rolls along and before ya know it!.. "We decided to set up a amnesty period for so called high cap mags". The month after that.. "we have a amnesty for bullets" where does it end lol (that's my common sense speaking)

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    There's an estimated 20-30 million braced AR pistols that have been sold as such in the US. They're working on the reform website supposedly. It's ridiculous and is just another registry system. Already, the ATF has been doing inspections of FFLs and copying books. If an FFL loses their license or surrenders it, they have to turn over all their records that they're required to keep, meaning the government has a database, even though they're not supposed to.

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There's a side of me that wants to go buy 10 or more cheapo lowers, with no logos. Then photo each one with the same upper and brace on it over and over. Then get those lowers approved. Then just sit and see how it pans out. I won't do it to the guns I want to keep tho. That's for sure. Later on they may be worth more if they close the SBR registry also. (That's my greedy inner sheep thinking lol)

Then again tho, fuck them. Playing along will justify thier actions. They can only push us around if we allow them. Self compliance is key. They can't arrest everyone. By me doing this, I'll screw myself over, then my kids and grandkids, and thier kids over. I'd be selling them out. If we comply yet again and just bend over and take it. It will look as if we agree. We don't. (That's my patriot in me speaking)

Then the next month rolls along and before ya know it!.. "We decided to set up a amnesty period for so called high cap mags". The month after that.. "we have a amnesty for bullets" where does it end lol (that's my common sense speaking)
    Yessir, where does it end?

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    There's an estimated 20-30 million braced AR pistols that have been sold as such in the US. They're working on the reform website supposedly. It's ridiculous and is just another registry system. Already, the ATF has been doing inspections of FFLs and copying books. If an FFL loses their license or surrenders it, they have to turn over all their records that they're required to keep, meaning the government has a database, even though they're not supposed to.
    Yes. It's supposed to be highly illegal. There's even video now of an agent recording the info into a company ATF phone, PLUS!!.. Her own personal phone. Which is crazy illegal. All that data in the wrong hands is a huge privacy concern

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Don’t let anyone dissuade your innate patriotic repulsion to these tactics with the question: “Is this really the hill you wanna die on?”
    They’re looking at it all wrong. That’s not a question WeThePeople should have to ask.

The alphabet paper-pusher oath-breaking SOBs should be asking THEMselves that question.

Let God judge our enemies. We’ll arrange the meeting.

Wrong house, mother-f#<{@r...

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom