• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    That's a great sight by the way, and you left room in front of your front sight for a light, which is smart.
    BUT: That sling could be the coolest thing I've seen all day, it's almost like Marine digicam, and it goes great with the rifle, and is totally functional and looks like a big, fat rattlesnake, and you can make it to the exact length you want. I really really like that. I may need to get you to make me one. Haha.

otis

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not hard to make, that one is actually 2 inner cores with a braid over the top. Just time consuming, I think that one took 6 or 8 hours and those qd buckles are high. Bought them at bass pro because I was impatient.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Is that the Midwest Industries M-Lok rail? How do you like it? What attachment did you use to attach the bipod?

Yes, it is the Midwest Industries SSM M-LOK handguard (15" model). I like it very much. I have one of their Gen 2 SS handguards on another AR of mine. They are lightweight and very versatile. MI also have the SSK Keymod handguard as well. To attach the bipod, I use the MAGPUL M-LOK Bipod Mount.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1263

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1339

timc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, it is the Midwest Industries SSM M-LOK handguard (15" model). I like it very much. I have one of their Gen 2 SS handguards on another AR of mine. They are lightweight and very versatile. MI also have the SSK Keymod handguard as well. To attach the bipod, I use the MAGPUL M-LOK Bipod Mount.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1263
    http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1339
    Thanks. I just ordered the 9" M-Lok rail. That is a light rail at only 7 ounces. It will complete my 300 black out build.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Well guys, my long awaited search for a nice Colt SP1 Carbine is over. I was at the Milton gun show this morning with a couple of my 1911s to sell and came across a very nice SP1 Carbine for $1800. I did not have the cash, nor did my two 1911s amount to anywhere near the price. So, I went home, but kept think about what I had that I was willing to try and trade. After lunch and our daily walk, I loaded up my two Remington R1s and a Remington R51 (one that works) and headed back to the show. Needless to say, It was a trade. I know I came out on top as far as value is concerned. Plus, the Colt has a good new home and it will keep all of the other retros company, including my 1977 Colt SP1 rifle. Serial number is SP 149*** which, I think, puts it about 1980. It is in really good condition. The BCG has hardly any wear whatsoever. The buttstock look brand new. It also came with two Colt AR-15 5.56mm 20-round magazines and one Colt AR-15 .223 magazine. Somebody took very good care of this Colt. Anyhow, I just thought I would share. It was a good day.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I finally got in the last of the stuff I was waiting on (stock, handguards, and some small parts) to get my A2 build assembled. This was probably on of the quickest builds I have done. It was almost 4 weeks start to finish.

Upper Assembly:
    A2 Upper Receriver (no forge codes - unknown origin)
    PSA M16 Type BCG
    A2 Handguards (Rock River Arms)
    Windham Weaponry 20" A2 Gov't Profile 1/7 Barrel
    A2 FH

Lower Assembly:
    Palmetto State Armory "Stealth" lower receiver (stripped)
    Lower Parts Kit (misc.)
    A2 Stock Assembly (Rock River Arms)
    A2 Pistol Grip

timc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good deal. I am sure you will like it.

Got the MI M-Lok rail today. You were correct, it is a really nice rail. I really like it. Going to check the headspace on the barrel this weekend and get the rail installed.
    I can't believe how light the rail is.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Got the MI M-Lok rail today. You were correct, it is a really nice rail. I really like it. Going to check the headspace on the barrel this weekend and get the rail installed.
    I can't believe how light the rail is.

Good to hear you got it. I look forward to seeing pics and some feedback after you shoot the AR.

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm in the process of piecing together my second AR. I'm still waiting on a few things to finish the lower but here is the Mid State upper I ordered, mounted on my CMMG lower. The Mid State was a blem and only $309 delivered including bcg and charging handle. It has a 10" free float quad rail and stainless barrel chambered for .223 Wylde.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom