• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hipower

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think he should be busy each day digging a hole and filling it in each day.. Watch Cool Hand Luke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oudNoKfNUfs.

"Boy, what is your dirt doing in Boss King's ditch? Now get it out of there, boy."
    "Hey what you doing putting your dirty in my yard, boy? Now get your dirt out of my yard boy."
    "I thought I told you to get your dirt out of Boss King's ditch, boy"
    "I don't know boss."
    "What's all this dirt doin' here?"
    And so it goes. . . . . .

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Droshki, unsure as to how to interoperate your post #18 ....... BUT ....... did we not leave our POW's in the Hanoi Hilton for some 6+years. How many scum wads did we trade to get how many of them home from that certified hell. How about Korea ?? How about Bataan ?? Are we even SURE that he was a "prisioner" ??

You probably should have been one of my students at S.E.R.E. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went through SERE at Fairchild in the winter of 2000. Water survival too.

Not sure what your point is. Mine is that we don't leave troops behind, even if they're suspected of wrongdoing. We bring all our soldiers, airmen, seamen, and marines home. Then we sort out wrongdoing IAW the UCMJ.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    US hostilities in Afghanistan are essentially over (this is of course nebulous ground), so just as at the end of the Vietnam war, prisoners are repatriated/ exchanged. Are you asserting this didn't happen at the end of the Vietnam war? We didn't send any enemy prisoners back? And get ours back in return?

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Actually IIRC (from the SERE classroom portion, now that you've brought it up), some of the POWs brought back from Vietnam were suspected of perhaps less then honorable behavior. But we brought them back, and sorted it out IAW the law. We didn't just leave them there.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nope ...... my assertion is that hostilities in Afghanistan ARE NOT almost over. Our soldiers are still being shot at and are dieing over there ... AND ... some of the surrounding countries. They will be for a long time.

This president has got the people believing that "the war is over,that's it,time to swap prisioners like after WWII. IMO,that is just NOT the case here.

I guess the main topic of "my point" is this,we do not bring prisioners home. I gave you "for instances" in my above. Do you think that the POW's that we left behind in the past "war's" were another Hollywood staged moon landing ?? How many bad guys did we swap for our hostages/prisioners that were being held in Iran for 444days ?? Some of which were US Marines ?? --- SAWMAN

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We swapped heavy weapons for those Iranian hostages. In complete violation of the law. Remembet Ollie North and "arms for hostages"? A marine LTC shredding documents to cover his tracks, his secretary smuggling them out of the office in her underwear? Eeeks.

Last edited:

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Ok I'll weigh in for a moment. When you desert you post in a combat zone...you leave an alleged note to the effect to 'F all of you I'm out'...our country is under zero obligation to waste any resource to find your lame ass. To know that post bergdahl search operations cost the lives of six servicemen in combat...yea I'd like to find that POS to hold him accountable...but as far as I'm concerned I'm not trading no one to get you back. You're fucked. So sad too bad, live with the goat rapists till they get tired of you're lame ass...and if by chance we get you back...you are gonna get court martial end and sent to Ft Leavansworth till your heart explodes.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Droshki the problem isn't that we got him back, it's the fact we traded 5 terrorist leaders who hate our country to get him back. On top of that dumbass Odumba treated him as a hero. Not only did this slime ball desert and cost the lives of men searching for him but now there are 5 more high ranking terrorists released because of him about to start killing Americans again. If you can support that in any way you must be one of those people who voted for Odumba twice.

latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We swapped heavy weapons for those Iranian hostages. In complete violation of the law. Remembet Ollie North and "arms for hostages"? A marine LTC shredding documents to cover his tracks, his secretary smuggling them out of the office in her underwear? Eeeks.

I wondered when we would get to blaming this on Bush/Reagan/Cheney/Fox News. :rolleyes:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't have the time to correct all the misstatements in this thread, nor is it my place to do so. Personal attacks also don't contribute to our knowledge of the subject under discussion.

Here though, is a beginning for those that trust measurable, verifiable, objective facts, over Fox news talking head opinions.

There have been, to the best of my knowledge, no US combat deaths in Afghanistan in 2015. One could extrapolate from that fact that there's not much US combat going on there anymore.

http://icasualties.org/oef/

deaths.png

I'll close my participation here with saying that any of you that have high blood pressure should probably double up on the meds, because I think it's extremely unlikely this guy is going to get anything beyond a big chicken dinner with the trimmings.

Attachments

• deaths.png
      deaths.png
      6.8 KB · Views: 105

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The same folks who are claiming Obama is an idiot for bringing Bergdahl home will be crying foul if Obama had left the man in captivity to be executed. Our system does not prejudge folks for alleged criminal behavior. We have due process, we have a trial and we administer justice. What I see on this thread resembles a lynch mob. The short answer is that a US serviceman was brought back home and is now facing charges for desertion. The system worked. Stop having a temper tantrum.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ^^
    Somewhat agree...

Except I thought Obama was an idiot long before this...

Innocent until proven guilty guys...but when they find him guilty and do nothing about it then we can lynch mob???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What I see on this thread resembles a lynch mob. The short answer is that a US serviceman was brought back home and is now facing charges for desertion. The system worked. Stop having a temper tantrum.

The hall mark of a true progressive mind: Tolerant of everything except dissenting opinion.

I will be happy with:
    1. A lynch mob
    2. A drone strike on whatever Greyhound bus they put those 5 terrorists on this summer
    3. Fumigating the rose garden of "the people's house"
    usa-afghanistan_bergdahl-president-1.jpg

Attachments

• usa-afghanistan_bergdahl-president-1.jpg
      usa-afghanistan_bergdahl-president-1.jpg
      64.3 KB · Views: 89
    Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sooooooo....... lets see if I got this right. Not only did the dems blame Bush for everything that this admin has screwed up for the last 7 years, now some repubs(maybe ??)on this forum are blaming Reagan,North,and etc,for all else that has gone wrong for the last ... what ... quarter century. Could all this have really been Trumans fault. Yeah ....... it was his fault.

And ......... what is all this "until proven guilty" crap ?? I understand the "court of law" thing ..... however allow me to ask,do ya'll spewing this nonsense REALLY believe that his whole damn unit is conspiring against him. Maybe the platoon leader wrote the note sayin' "i'm out here",right ??Shit,I dunno,maybe Truman told them to do that also. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom