• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 305RSlc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Who didn't see this coming? Especially considering they determine he abandoned his post in, oh, 2010...

So, about them 5 high level 'detainees'; they are still out selling girl scout cookies to all the Christians in the middle east, right?

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And he will get the best lawyer money can buy and we will pay for it. No he will have 3or 4 lawyers.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Under letter of the UCMJ, both charges Bergdahl faces could carry the death penalty, but the Army today made clear that this punishment is not on the table.

Executing soldiers for desertion is an anachronism. The last American soldier to be executed for desertion was 60 years ago, when Pvt. Eddie Slovick was brought before a firing squad near the conclusion of World War II. His stands as the lone execution for desertion since the Civil War.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dave, they say because we are not in a declared war(only desertion during a declared war carries the death penalty) he cannot get death...is that right? I agree he should be in front of a firing squad. What do you want to bet dishonorable discharge, no jail time because he was a POW?

Just Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dave, they say because we are not in a declared war(only desertion during a declared war carries the death penalty) he cannot get death...is that right? I agree he should be in front of a firing squad. What do you want to bet dishonorable discharge, no jail time because he was a POW?

At the time when he deserted it was a combat zone and service members got combat pay.

I agree Frank, that he will get off light. Obama will say "If I was white, Bergdahl could have been my son".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the guy signed up to defend his country.

He then found himself on the other side of the world babysitting Afghan tribesmen.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For me I thought it was perfectly acceptable to make a deal to get him back. Once he was home then you can put him on trial for any crimes he may have committed.

What kind of message would we send to the military if you can be abandoned by your country and receive a death sentence without so much as a trial?

People are so ate up with Obama-hate that they don't even make sense anymore.

*crazy pants on*

It's totally cool to leave a man behind as long as there's a possibility he deserted. That's how the military works.

*crazy pants off*

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    4367710-troll-internet.jpg

Attachments

• 4367710-troll-internet.jpg
      4367710-troll-internet.jpg
      172.4 KB · Views: 110
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom