• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll continue to hold a grudge against manufactures or business owners that make shitty decisions, take counter 2A actions or support in any way shape or form detracts from advancing all firearm rights. I understand OR Law requiring destruction disposal. Every Oregon municipality and the State has to do the same thing. Who did the Cities dirty work before this event? Public outrage sure overcame their community service desires real real quick! Benchmade didn't need to take part in it. Their second and larger screwup was their actions led to further scrutiny which showed political donations going to the gun-grabber side of politics. You do shit, your acountable, good or bad. Maybe they figure when guns are banned, they will sell more knives? Happened that way in England, now they want to end mail order and internet sale of knives!

I haven't bought a Colt or a S&W since they screwed the pooch. There are a lot of others like Dicks and Starbucks that don't get my money either. I'm a Spiderco user so I own zero benchmade products.

bowserb

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tom Gresham on the Sunday Gun Talk show had Benchmark's V.P. Sales on by telephone. He explained a couple of things including the gun chopping and Democrat support. Tom caught him on one or two points (and you know, Tom Gresham doesn't do that.) You can download the podcast or stream on your iPhone to hear first hand. I won't say how I came away from the conversation. You can decide for yourself how you feel about the company.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like Tom Gresham, good interview but he is wrong about No Oregon Laws requiring firearm/weapon destruction. Right from the Oregon City Municipal Codes under evidence/property disposal:

3.12.050 - Disposal of weapons, illegal drugs and contraband.
    Any unclaimed firearms, weapons, contraband, illegal drugs and/or substances shall be destroyed at the direction of the chief of police and documentation of destruction shall be placed in the police department files.

(Ord. 07-1006 § 2(part), 2007)

PD didn't have another action option for disposal. A few years back, the Oregon Dept of Corrections got special approval (for collector value) to auction several vintage 1927 Thompson machinguns found in the Oregon State Prison inventory!

Top Bottom