• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This has been talked about on the pff and the other fishing forum, but I just wanted to mention it here. If you have a Chevrolet between the years 2003-2006/07 That the gauges suck. They will go out on you EVENTUALLY. Do not expect Chevrolet to do anything for you, Sandy Sansing especially. There was a guy that would fix them for you on one of the old forums for a couple hundred dollars but when you purchase a $40,000. Truck you would think when something like this is wrong they would mail you something to let you know about it instead of not knowing and one day your driving down the road and your gauges go haywire. Then you are researching it on the internet and come to find out a damn good percentage of trucks, suvs and others have had this problem. You bring it in" and remember you have lived at the same place for 30+ years and bought several vehicles from mr. sandy so you know they have your address on file" and they say oh yea there's nothing we can do for that you have 80k miles and your trucks an 04 so your out of warranty, we sent out a recall to our customers about this, Well damn I have bought several trucks from you including this one brand-new here's the sticker that was in the window and I didn't receive anything in the mail, I cant help it that my gauges just started doing this, I hadn't had a problem so I never thought about researching something like this on the internet until im going down 9th ave doing 40mph and bam my speedo gauge says im doing 100, not even 5 mins later my oil pressure gauge goes haywire along with the temp gauge so im thinking there is something wrong. When I get home and do the research I see where this is a problem so now im here (sandy sansing) because its supposed to be a "recall". To make a long story short they wouldn't do a damn thing about it, pretty much treated me like I was a waste of their valuable time and sent me on my way. I tried my damnest to find mr sandy sansing himself to have a little talk but no one seemed to know where he was or how to get ahold of him. I just wanted to let everyone know that owns one of these pos's that sooner or later your gauges are probably going to go nuts, don't worry most likely its the stepper motors and they are cheap and you need a soldering gun and a little mechanical skills to take the dash off and take the cluster out and apart and its not a hard fix, just be careful because you can burn the circuit board up if you get it to hot. There are a lot of video's on youtube on how to fix them. That pos dealer wants $400 or more to put a new cluster in the truck. I got the highest person they say out there to talk to him about this and already knew they weren't going to do anything but I wanted to ask him from those years and model of auto's that this dealership sold how many of them brought them back when you so called had a "recall" on them, over 80 percent of the auto's they sold were brought back. Seems like bs to me that you cant replace this trucks seeing It was bought from you brand-new, I have purchased several trucks from you over the years, im showing you the sticker that was in the window with all the paper work and you cant do something about it. I just wanted to let everyone know, beware and especially beware of sandy rip-off.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Again, be willing to escalate. When I have a situation like this, the first thing I do is call the national service line and establish a point of contact before I even call the dealership.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Again, be willing to escalate. When I have a situation like this, the first thing I do is call the national service line and establish a point of contact before I even call the dealership.

This^^ In the owner's manual there is a customer satisfaction number. I've used it twice (2 different vehicles) and go excellent results.

As for the truck insrument problem. It happened on my 05, I called Pete Moore and they informed me of the recall, I never got a notice in the mail. Coincidently my dad's 04 went out a month later. Dad raised hell because he never got the notice too. Finally they agreed to fix it.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If there was a recall the manufacturer sends out the recall not the dealer. Contact the manufacturer and see when the recall was initiated and to see if your vehicle was actually under the recall; they are only required by law to repair it for free for 10 years from the initial sale if it was considered a safety issue. If it is then have them contact the dealer for repair. I had to do this with Ford for a paint issue that Gary Smith Ford in FWB refused to remedy. Ford was actually quite helpful. I got a call from the dealer within 2-3 days of contacting Ford and had it repainted the following week.

BigDaddy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Talk to chumm bucket of pff. He fixes them... you are just gonna get your blood pressure up.. my wifes avalanche does the same thing.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What part of 3 year 36k bumper to bumper and 5 year power train 100k mile warranty don't u guys get?? Even if it was only 4 years later and 37k on the truck it not a power train issue. Take ur beater 2004 truck to the junk yard and go get a new one! Geezzz

Champ62

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My best friend drives a Toyota now for this very reason.

My first new Chevy, 1973, was a POS. Have driven Toyotas every since. I have owned 19, min 150k on every one. Only ever had 1 failure, an idler pulley that the dealer in Lakeland had in and out in less than an hour.

fishingjean

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That must be why he always has that smile???? I own a 1989 chev. truck an have drove it for 24ys. without too much trouble. I also have a 1996 chv. truck that is ok!!! Denny in pace

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    It took me a few weeks to figure out why everybody on I-110 to was passing me (2005 Silverado) when my speedo said I was doing 60. I called Pete Moore and they wanted almost $600.
    Chumbucket on PFF fixed it in 20 minutes and came to my work to do it. It was somewhere around $135 or $150. I believe his name is Joe and his number (if it hasn't changed) is 982-9582. He's a good guy to deal with.
    I wasn't aware of any recall and never got any notice.
    Anybody remember the problem a few years ago with the Dexacool coolant eating seals ? I know some people got their vehicles fixed that found out about it in time. I didn't and it cost me $4,500 for a new engine.

SouthBound

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is a place in Canada that fixes them. I sent my wife's to them, they pay shipping both ways and they fixed it in about a week. Here you go... http://www.mrwhizard.com/ Cost was just under $200 and it has worked perfect since then (about 3 years ago).

As for Sandy Sansing, they can kiss my ass! Wanted to charge me $1100.00 to replace a fuel pump. I got one from AutoZone for $250ish and spent about 3 hours changing it. I'll never go back there again... Same thing, bought 5 vehicles from them but not anymore...

wld1985

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its the Stealership, what do you expect.. Just like this whole Air Bag thing going on with GM Cars right now, We've got an 06 HHR it did that same turn off a year or 2 ago... We noticed when we hit bumps it would shut down.. Removed all but the key and fob from the keyring and no problems, now we hear about deaths due to the igintion being faulty... From what I hear they've known about this for years.

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I work on vehicles for a living and the big 3 all has their problems, if you look up Dodge in the dictionary it says "to avoid", GM products will nickle and dime you ass to death, and Ford seems to be the best of the 3 but when they break its usually a pain to work on. If you want a vehicle with the least amount of problems buy a Toyota. I currently own an 01 Tahoe but my next truck will be a Toyota Tacoma.

bcp280z

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    6 gears, 6 cylinders, VVT, LSD. I can tear up the asphalt and the mud and tow efficiently.

Haters gonna hate.

And toyo trans shifts like a hot knife thru butter, compared to the dragging a stick thru gravel jeep trans.

Last edited:

gunnerxxx

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Remember the dealer only fixes your vehicle because the manufacturer promises to pay for the warranty work they perform. If the dealer started fixing cars for free they would soon be out of business. Dealerships are privately owned they are not owned by the manufacturer.

Top Bottom