• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Same ol'...same ol'.......Rick Rankin at Pensacola Lock & Gun can do anything. He is the one that REALLY invented the internet and is working on finalizing cold fusion right now(I am an investor). He's down on Garden Street. ---SAWMAN

linkovich

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks, but I refuse to use them or recommend them to anyone. Nothing against Rick, I hear he is a excellent smith...but I've personally had two bad experiences with the older couple (I believe they're his parents) that run the place, and a good friend had a issue with the old man not honoring a quote.

Anyone else in the area thread barrels?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    There is a "gunsmith"(?) at the end of the bldg at Buck & bass on Pine Forrest and someone that does "smith" sorta work at Uber's I do believe. I personally would not trust Phil with that at Jay's. --- SAWMAN

Hammerlock1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Know it's a bit of a drive, but "Oneshot" (JJ) on the forum up in Jay could fix you up I imagine..seen some of his excellent handiwork, very impressive..

HL1

linkovich

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Know it's a bit of a drive, but "Oneshot" (JJ) on the forum up in Jay could fix you up I imagine..seen some of his excellent handiwork, very impressive..

HL1

Yeah that was my first thought. I sent JJ a pm earlier but haven't heard back from him yet.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Why don't we let "oneshot" decide if he wants to fool with threading barrels for folks anymore... Last time I checked he was retired. He might be eager to do it. Then again he might not. I know he has been volunteered for stuff before that he really didn't want to do...

linkovich

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Why don't we let "oneshot" decide if he wants to fool with threading barrels for folks anymore... Last time I checked he was retired. He might be eager to do it. Then again he might not. I know he has been volunteered for stuff before that he really didn't want to do...

That's why I PMed him and ask if it were something he could/wanted to do....and also why I went ahead and posted looking for other options.

Hammerlock1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jeremy, I didn't say Jerome "would" fix Link up, I said "could" do it. "Could", meaning having the ability to do so, not committing him to do anything. Don't think he needs you as his keeper, there's a few of us on here that know him as well..

HL1

flightmedic

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It may be farther than you are willing to drive, but Jerry Morris in Flomaton, AL has been doing GunSmith work over 40 years. He is a retired machinist from Kimberly Clark Corporation. He has threaded several for me.
    Contact Info:
    Esaus GunShop
    c/o Jerry Morris

Also he does have a full line machine shop for Gunsmithing in his Shop

Top Bottom