• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alientaz

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So here is my issue, I have a Stag Arms model 1 and it was purchased with my use intended. Unfortunly this year I was diagnosed with MS and the rifle is going to be used by my wife. I would like to know if removing the front A2 sight post is possible and if so how hard?

Also, is this a home job or do I need a Smith? If it can be done at home is there anyone with the skill to do this job for me? I will pay you for your time if you can do the job for me properly. Also, if you would let me know the items I need to pick up.

Thank you and Merry Christmas

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can be easy, can be a pain in the dick but def a DIY. Youtube is your friend..

Sorry to hear about your health though man. Keep your head up!

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can get it off with a hammer and a screw driver with a larger Allen head bit in it. A good wack and the pins will fall out pretty easily. Then you will need to remove your flash hider to slide it off. And also if you have a sling attachment below your front post you will need to remove the roll pins on that as well before you can slide it off.

Or you can take a dremel and just shave it down.

I'm sure there are plenty members in the area that would love to help you out with the proper tools to do it.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Also, the pins in the post only go out one way. When setting the rifle in fron't of you, make sure the barrel is pointing left..

Alientaz

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought it because I use to train with a setup like I have now, wife does not like it. If I want to eventually be able to get a replacement Momma got to stay happy. The only issue with DIY is after I got sick we had to sell the house and move to an apt. So no room what so ever. Thanks for all the help and anymore I can get.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So are you wanting to just get a lower profile gas block and just use scope with it now?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I tried once, and gave up after bending 2 punches and breaking one. I like irons with a red dot at 1/3 height unless it's gonna be scoped. If you just need a longer rail, look into the Troy Delta and Charlie rails, or the DD 12 fsp if you have a carbine length system. Strike industries also makes one that is cheaper, and Fortis recently introduced a couple of fsp type rails. If you're set on removing it and replacing it with a lo pro gas block, have the barrel dimpled. From experience, I don't trust set screws on un dimpled barrels. I'm also not sold on clamps. If I intend to run it a certain way, I but the upper or the barrel that way from the get go, while modification is possible, you lose some durability when going away from a pinned gas block. Then, of course, you can always take it off and grind it down, just buy some good punches and go the right way. Good luck.

Edit: just saw your post. If you're gonna scope it, the fsp won't be much of an issue with a 3-9x, with a 1-4x, I'd take it off for sure, but removing it and shaving it would be the cheapest and most reliable way to go. I have not personally done this, but Ian has, and I'm sure he could provide some guidance. A troy alpha or fortis could then bold directly onto your barrel nut, which is the easiest way to go.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    If you would like, I will be willing to get it off for you. I am over in the Ferry Pass area. Just drop me a PM or e-mail (reaja@cox.net). I have a lot of time on my hands and I can come pick it up if you like.

Alientaz

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thank you everyone for all the advice. Tackleberry has been so gracious as to offer to help. I will let you know the end results. Merry Christmas

Top Bottom