• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    they are all in better shape than I am....a female supply tech could probably whop me...(although I have been known to fight dirty.)..

my hat is off to all that wear/wore a uniform of the USA thank you all

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rag on the Air Force all you want but unless I am wrong Air Support usually comes from above. But the Marines don't ever need that because they run 5 miles every morning and go on forced marches and can stay up for 36 hours.

Time for me to watch my key board before I get kicked off. I did alot of work on B52 engines to keep bombers flying just to maybe help Marines and Army guys and to maybe kill some bad guys to. Nice to know what some Marines thought about us.

Well I wasn't bashing the air force I was saying my sister in law don't like guns And she still active in the air force. It's the new people that don't like guns And get in the military just to get school grants and benefits they don't care about fighting for there country

bcane98

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    He's an ACLU guy...that explains a lot. Yea I read the post and while most of all pretty much agree his writing style sux monkey balls as to him getting his point across...it's his opinion, and believe it or not it's what makes America Great, freedom of expression no matter how twisted into one of two sides. It's amazing how some folks can think like that, but such is life. While I value all opinions, I do not have to agree with it.

While I may have retired from the Marines in 2004, from my point of view, the Air Force is soft. I have worked at Hurlbert Field the AFSOC east base since I retired and I call the place 'Camp Snoopy'. No formation runs, forced marches or anything remotely looking like a Special Operations Capable unit from my view. While I'm not a 'snake eater' by MOS myself nor do I claim to be, I was part of several SOC ventures, both the 24th and 26th Mearine Expiditionary Units deployed to the Mediterranean Sea and also the USMC east coat unit, Special Operations Training Group with FLeet Antiterroism Support Team (battalion) was a forerunner (in training and purpose) to today's MARSOC for anti terrorism. I was with the aviation detachment that deployed supported them, trained with team. While the overall deployment cycle of the Air Force has kept most units short handed and they had to bring in civilian contractors to fill the gaps, I have not seen deployments on the scale I did in the Marines. While individually I have met a few Airman that had they chosen to could have been Marines that is few and far between. Not once in my 12 yrs on that base have I seen or heard any sort of ass chewing....as if these new guys are milenials whose feelings can't be hurt...again, just my $.02. Carry on.

You're definitely a Marine through and through... Run in formation, bark at the sun and moon, and work harder not smarter... Again, another old timer thinking that running across a battlefield is still the answer. Thanks for your service Devil Dog, but the days of Full Metal Jacket are no more because the battlefield is asymmetrical, the enemy is radical, and let's not forget about that cyber thing you use to critique the Airmen who put their lives on the line everyday. Our SOF's today are some of the baddest Martha Fockers in history, and I am proud to support them in whatever mission they partake in. Many Airmen, Soldiers, Sailors, and Marines would do whatever to ensure they have the resources needed to protect Americas freedom. We may poke fun at each other, but in the end no matter what we each have our part on the team... without each other we wouldn't have the Greatest Military Force in the world. Your pennies are tarnished old timer, but we do appreciate your opinion about the Best Damn Air Force in the World!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vp1979

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He fails to understand the 2nd amendment. It's to prevent TYRANNY. If I want an AR-15 or a .50 caliber elephant gun I am entitled to it. Our Bill of Rights is a BIRTHRIGHT!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is not a AF vs Grunt issue. Both are outstanding with their own specific Missions with minor overlap in some areas and train to meet their objectives.

ACLU Boswell was pushing a political and anti-gun agenda:
    1. Doesn't like Rep candidate giving away a AR 15 to draw attention to his campaign. The give away is legal and cost comes from his funds, unlike the dems/Libs that promise free stuff to be paid for by our tax dollars. He also slides in a social/econimic infered divide that you need to be rich to fire a a machine gun which can be rented at some firearm ranges for well less then 1/4 the cost of a smart phone and attempts to blur the differences between a machine gun and a AR right from the start. So much for his subject matter expertise.
    2. He uses his time in the AF and experience with Military weapon systems (full auto) to bash a civilian semi auto ARs. We know these things are different but he wants to push the misconception that all ARs are machine guns under the guise of his "military expertise". He no longer follows his military Oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.
    3. He promotes, due to his military expertise: that guns he likes/owns are okay while the choice of others should be eliminated. Whether he exercises his firearm Rights or not is irrelevant. What he wants is to further restrict the Rights of others under his biased and narrow view of need/use/application. He conveniently omits his perfered/owned firearms and his need/use/application for them. ARs hunt, defend and are collected. Do his firearms do something different? He is using an old tactic to try and split firearms owners by their personal preferences: Some guns are nice others are bad. Fact is only a small percentage of the total firearms in civilian hands are used in criminal activity and a minuscule portion of those are ARs. If we allow them to broad brush ARs as being so bad, what does that mean for others used much more frequently? It is part of the bait and switch deception addressing the tool and not the criminal.
    4. His flat out lies that Government does not want to take our firearms is ridiculous. The total confiscation of firearms from lawful owners has been presented in one shape or another from elected politicians for decades. They (and the anti gun groups) know it is unpalatable to do in one mass action. They still push for it but make direct attacks to chip away the Foundation under the themes of common sense and gun safety when every single issue only drives to eliminate firearms, accessories and legal access. They don't go after criminals that use firearms, they make legal firearm owners into criminals with their anti gun laws. He uses the criminal, terrorist, or mentally deficient actions of a few to base restrictions on many. This is not only exceedingly punitive towards lawful citizens. We know it does not work on any scale of measure from City to Nations.
    5. He postures that we are afraid and scared by increased gun control, that is not the case. We strongly oppose increased gun control because firearms are the last defense against the tyranny of Governments (domestic or foreign) and criminals that wish to do us harm. They also serve in recreation, sustenance and survival. We wish to preserve the Freedoms that were protected by our Forefathers and ensure without reservations; they will be intact for future generations.

6. As above, I strongly disagree with Boswell's opinions, I support his 1A Rights to express them. He however, does not respect my clearly defined 2A Firearm Rights and those set in place before the Constitution.

P.S. I went to the PNJ site to submit this but the site limits contributions to 200 words. Needless to say it does not fit and Boswell deserves full measure.

Last edited:

daehawc

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rag on the Air Force all you want but unless I am wrong Air Support usually comes from above. But the Marines don't ever need that because they run 5 miles every morning and go on forced marches and can stay up for 36 hours.

Time for me to watch my key board before I get kicked off. I did alot of work on B52 engines to keep bombers flying just to maybe help Marines and Army guys and to maybe kill some bad guys to. Nice to know what some Marines thought about us.

Don't take it personally Snow Bird. Times have changed. The Air Force is not what it once was. They have, smartly, shifted to a focus on cyber and space commands. The new focus draws and retains different types of people. I think the point of most is that the overwhelming majority of Air Force personnel are not trigger pullers. They run a large percentage of desk operators doing important but not "combat" in the traditional means.

Don't forget we Marines also provide our own air support and that is what most recent GWOT vets have known in combat zones that have been largely separated between the services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daehawc

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm well familiar with their units but those are specialized units. Not indicative of the larger organization. Not trying to get into a pissing match just stating that times are changing and the services are changing with them. The Air Force, as an organization, realized the future of cyber / electronic / space warfare and has shifted their focus. This keeps them relevant and funding flowing. All airmen are not pj's just as all sailors are not SEALS.

I'd argue that military wide, these days, more members ascribe to this guys sentiments than those of us on the forums. I saw that outside of very specialized units, the military does not develop "gun people". It trains people to use a tool and keeps it away from them as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AL Nalley

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you think Hillary will NOT take your 2nd Amendment away after she appoints two liberal Supreme Court Judges, YOU are a COMPLETE FOOL!!! VOTR if

Top Bottom