• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Hey guys. I have a bunch of really old stamps, and even some envelopes and a hand written letter of a confederate civil war hero that went on to head up nearly all the railroads and even the world's fair.
    Most of it all seem to be within the father's time frame, then the rest I think was collected by one of his sons as they're from the 1800s to WW2 era. Lots of old tax stamps, both new unused and postmarked used old stamps. Many from all over the world including Nazi, some odd Monaco tringle stamps with FDR on them, and even Japan stamps. Some stamps appear to be some sort of proof stamps that havent been cut yet and have large borders around them for some reason like theyre meant to be framed or something for display. I even have a hand written letter from the Confederate Colonel and the envelope it came it from his time at the railroad, along with a box of empty but used envelopes of his corresponding with others complete with stamps. Much of which are George Washington on them etc. Really cool old stuff. I'd like to get an idea of its worth and maybe see it go somewhere where it can be fully appreciated more than just tucked away in a closet lol. So maybe sell it soon perhaps after learning the value.
    I have some quick pics I took but I didn't bother to remove them from the protective packets as you can kinda see thru them anyways and they're not stored at my house and it was late and I was tired lol.
    Seems like the sites photo upload is glitched ATM. I may have better pics by the time it's fixed.
    I'm in the south Baldwin county area btw as far as location.
    Thanks folks.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hey guys. I have a bunch of really old stamps, and even some envelopes and a hand written letter of a confederate civil war hero that went on to head up nearly all the railroads and even the world's fair.
    Most of it all seem to be within the father's time frame, then the rest I think was collected by one of his sons as they're from the 1800s to WW2 era. Lots of old tax stamps, both new unused and postmarked used old stamps. Many from all over the world including Nazi, some odd Monaco tringle stamps with FDR on them, and even Japan stamps. Some stamps appear to be some sort of proof stamps that havent been cut yet and have large borders around them for some reason like theyre meant to be framed or something for display. I even have a hand written letter from the Confederate Colonel and the envelope it came it from his time at the railroad, along with a box of empty but used envelopes of his corresponding with others complete with stamps. Much of which are George Washington on them etc. Really cool old stuff. I'd like to get an idea of its worth and maybe see it go somewhere where it can be fully appreciated more than just tucked away in a closet lol. So maybe sell it soon perhaps after learning the value.
    I have some quick pics I took but I didn't bother to remove them from the protective packets as you can kinda see thru them anyways and they're not stored at my house and it was late and I was tired lol.
    Seems like the sites photo upload is glitched ATM. I may have better pics by the time it's fixed.
    I'm in the south Baldwin county area btw as far as location.
    Thanks folks.
    You might want to take them by Foley Coin Shop on 98 (has the antique orange armored truck parked in front). He would be knowledgeable on that stuff. Very legit!

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    You might want to take them by Foley Coin Shop on 98 (has the antique orange armored truck parked in front). He would be knowledgeable on that stuff. Very legit!
    Ok, didn't think of him. I've dealt with him a few times with gold but didn't think about that aspect there. Thanks bud I'll give him a ring

Top Bottom