• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flounder Hounder

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Guys, Thank you so much for the input!
    I am still a little while off from retirement. So, I'm going to have to wait until I can give I can give the dog the proper attention that it deserves.
    Yes, any dog that i get will definitely be a family member.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Guys, Thank you so much for the input!
    I am still a little while off from retirement. So, I'm going to have to wait until I can give I can give the dog the proper attention that it deserves.
    Yes, any dog that i get will definitely be a family member.
    Please match the dog to your expectations, don't match your expectations to the breed of dog. Back in the day every dog had to earn it's keep, and dogs that didn't earn their keep didn't stay long. Decide what you want/ need and tailor your selection to the breed that most closely matches that requirement. It will work out for the best for both of you. JMHO.

Mlofties

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Grew up with boxers and have had them all my life(71 yo). In my opinion, the very best breed and I have tried other breeds. None lived up to what a boxer can give you and your family. Very loyal and protective. Like others have stated, when young they are very energetic. Known as one of the most athletic dogs. Got to keep them occupied and have room to let them run. They run for pure pleasure. I would recommend a kennel in the house for when you are away or when too energetic. All my boxers learned to love their kennel and it was their safe place. As they age, they become a mobile rug that is always ready to get and give some love. The main thing is that every one of my boxers have become a integral part of my family that loves each member according to age. Will let an infant crawl all over them and pull their ears. Play keep away with toddlers and rougher with the older kids. I remember being dragged across the back yard by my pants leg many times. My son had the same experience screaming with delight and laughter. Anyway, I guess it is clear that I love boxers and highly recommend them. Just be ready for a challenge the first couple years. Well worth it!!

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I kinda skipped through this thread, cause I own a "boxer". It's my 82 honda with a flat 4 boxer engine. But my daughter has a mature bitch that was quite the handful the first couple of years. But we love her and she was VERY good with the baby, who is now a toddler. They love each other. The dog gets along with babies, toddlers, chick's, and chickens. But is very protective and territorial. Also every animal has different personalities....

Top Bottom