• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Guess I’ve been living under a rock…never heard of this. Had my name on wait lists for the Remington version, but that pistol never came to pass in 300 Blackout.
    Me too, ever since I became a "crew served" shooter , meaning it usually took at least two others to help me get up from a creed more shooting position I sold my bolt pistols.
    Since this is a Savage and they use a bbl. nut to secure the bbl. to the action it's easy to change the Bbl. to another chambering with the same head size {bolt face}.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Took a touch to get use to it. Tried it without removing the buffer and spring...nope, would push bolt forward about an inch if I let go of the bolt, so I removed the buffer and spring (much better for me). The last nnnth of the bolt throw when closing the bolt to lock it closed takes a little more force than some bolt guns (it has 3 big locking lugs), but I quickly got used to it. Perhaps it'll be easier when it's been shot a while. Really flings the empties out. Tried 3 mags and all fed and locked the bolt back when empty.

The point of impact difference between my subsonic frangible and regular power ammo is great; a good 8" at 35yd. About 2" difference in impact point at 35yd with and without a suppressor.
    Have now fired 150 rounds through it. Zero malfunctions. Today was fire with a suppressor holding the aiming point a little lower than w/o suppressor. Every can was killed. Yes the bolt ran smoother. Watching Savage 110 PCS videos.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    If you have a sidecharger just flip the gasblock or get a no gas port barrel (s) or adjustable gas block and screw it shut. straight pull bolt gun for no extra cost. Nothing to buy, run what ya got. Darn it!
    Swap uppers when the mood strikes.

dirty25

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah.... That's what Im thinking too.

I just really don't need another rifle...
    Buying a special bolt action upper for 1200 doesn’t make sense when Remington (and others) makes nice bolt gun for 800. As much as buying a new gun isn’t what you want buying an upper always leads to a new lower.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Buying a special bolt action upper for 1200 doesn’t make sense when Remington (and others) makes nice bolt gun for 800. As much as buying a new gun isn’t what you want buying an upper always leads to a new lower.
    I mostly agree with you. In my case I already had an AR SBR lower and wanted a bolt action SBR-type upper in 300 Blk, and I got it cheaper than the factory direct route. I Personally would not have bought a 16" bolt action AR upper rather than a 16" or longer regular bolt action rifle (I have my Ruger American Ranch Rifle in 300 Blk for that). I admit I'm a 300 Blk Nut.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Guess I’ve been living under a rock…never heard of this. Had my name on wait lists for the Remington version, but that pistol never came to pass in 300 Blackout.
    Well guys...after learning of the Savage 110 PCS pistol, I started looking and researching. On GB, when I looked, all but one the 300 BLK versions were in the $790-$820 starting range. This one started at 1 cent. I won it at $660. $999 MSRP. I thought I did real good. Had to wait on the pistol scope I ordered for it.

Scope arrived. Trigger pull was heavier than I thought it should be, so I removed the chassis. Indeed it was set half way between heaviest and lightest. I set it on lightest and it felt better.

Using my tried and true subsonic 108gr frangible load that does good in most everything, it was doing 1" at 35yd. 1 1/2" is acceptable to me, 1" is nicer. I do have 2 rifles that will do all shots touching, but that is unusual for these never designed for accuracy compressed lead and bakelite plastic bullets. Using pulled 7.62x39 123gr fmj bullets, I also got 1". Both loads were not tuned for the Savage pistol, so better might be possible, but I might not try to improve them, considering both those pulled bullets.

Savage doesn't advertise or have for sale extra AICS mags. Found the mag was probably made by MDT and was told their mags are guaranteed to fit and function in their LSS chassis, so I ordered 2 extra. The Ruger Precision Rifle 223 AICS mags fit, but hold the round too low to feed.

Typical frangible groups. One had 3 shots touching. The upper left hole was called by me.

CA68A108-4520-40B0-AD00-74B5C53EDD45.jpeg
    37CDCC15-3270-412B-8BC0-9E2B35BFCC27.jpeg

10 shots with pulled 7.62x39 fmj bullets. The low one was from a cold clean bbl.

C11EE304-4262-4A63-831B-A132486FC856.jpeg

Haven't tried a suppressor yet to see impact point and group size. Will do this week.

52FE9F15-7327-43A0-9675-E8050CDC1DAA.jpeg

Top Bottom