• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got a late start yesterday after spending time minivan "shopping" yesterday. Well, I finally make it out to my lease and it's a good wind for a certain spot where I killed a hog last weekend. So I get settled and about 430, I hear the squealing of hogs from the direction of another stand and I think to myself that I am in the wrong stand. But I eventually hear the squealing getting closer to me as they make their way through some small pines. Squealing and noise eventually stops when I hear them get in a creek bottom.

About 540 though, I hear a train coming through the thick stuff again. All the little ones pile around and begin eating. I'm patiently waiting for the big sow to come in. She took her sweet time though and she came in and stopped behind a bush. She was inclined to let the little ones eat and stay back in the shadows. I watched hoping she would come in some more and give me a better shot. She never moved though. I see a small hole in the bush where I might have a shot. She moves slightly and her heart is perfectly lined up in that hole. BANG!!! She takes off. I get down and look for blood. Find a little. But I take 10 steps and there she was. Can't run far with the damage done.

ForumRunner_20140222_201803.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140222_201803.jpg
      ForumRunner_20140222_201803.jpg
      60.2 KB · Views: 141

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    you mama murder! LOL good job. I try to leave my breeding sows for baby making though.

Yep. That's the difference between you wanting to hunt hogs before deer and me hunting deer before hogs. I see them as a nuisance. Just a tasty nuisance I suppose. I'll take out all the sows I can. That means that I take out future generations too.

Top Bottom