Another article on police militarization...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zombieh8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    My understanding of seizure/forfeiture is that the item had to be used in a felony (ie-trafficking drugs, get away car from a bank robbery), or be the fruit of a felony (ie-bought with money that was made by selling drugs)...the money, cars, houses, etc. don't go into that departments coffers, but instead it goes into a state acct that's used for a wide variety of things.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ng=&URL=0900-0999/0932/Sections/0932.703.html

Last edited:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Nate.

Gotta love this crap.

In 2006 Kathryn Johnston, a 92-year-old woman in Atlanta, mistook the police for robbers and fired a shot from an old pistol. Police shot her five times, killing her. After the shooting they planted marijuana in her home. It later emerged that they had falsified the information used to obtain their no-knock warrant.

Andrew Jackson

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How's it going boys and girls. This seems like a decent enough place for my first post here. The militarization of the police is something that frightens me. Growing up as the child of an educator I always knew a lot of SRO's and then as a late teen early twenty something spent a lot of time befriending cops at the local coffee shop. Many of them are indeed great people.

However, when cops decide to play army I get a little bothered. Seriously, it seems the police have decided hard entries at o'darkthirdy are justified for overdue parking violations these days. I no longer live in Florida because I am stationed at Camp Lejeune, but it amazes me every time I cross the border entering Florida every time just how many cops are on the road. I literally more police in the first hour of entering Florida than the entire time I am traveling from N.C. down 95. It is disgusting actually. Welcome to Florida...the stasi state!

Whatever happened to police helping granny get across the road instead of murdering her?! Oh and don't get me started on cases were cops are killing dogs left and right.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Nate.

Gotta love this crap.

In 2006 Kathryn Johnston, a 92-year-old woman in Atlanta, mistook the police for robbers and fired a shot from an old pistol. Police shot her five times, killing her. After the shooting they planted marijuana in her home. It later emerged that they had falsified the information used to obtain their no-knock warrant.

Yea, I remember this one. There is no prison sentence long enough for that kind of egregarious abuse of authority.

Top Bottom