• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • McMillan

USMC
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Having little experience with either.. I figured I’d turn to the thoughts and opinions of those here.
    When it comes to an AR15 lower what would you choose and why?
    Anderson or Wilson Combat

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    It might help if you said what you intend to build, including barrel length and OD's,specally at the GB and muzzle

McMillan

USMC
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    It might help if you said what you intend to build, including barrel length and OD's,specally at the GB and muzzle
    Not really looking to build anything. Just striking conversation and opinion. If you ran into a room and had a choice of an Anderson or a Wilson Combat lower sitting next to an assortment of uppers.. what would you pick up and why ..

McMillan

USMC
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Not really looking to build anything. Just striking conversation and opinion. If you ran into a room and had a choice of an Anderson or a Wilson Combat lower sitting next to an assortment of uppers.. what would you pick up and why ..
    And let’s just say when you left this room you wouldn’t be putting it into a safe

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Anderson is just shit tier to build range toys with. Their QC isn't very good. Yes, they will work and go bang every time. I've built a few just to try out different calibers and when I got one I liked, I built off a better receiver set. One of my hog guns is an anderson lower since I don't care if it gets screwed up from tromping through the swamps and woods. I haven't had any issues with them other than some misaligned take down pin holes that I had to take a file to. You get what you pay for.

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    In my humble opinion, if you are talking about just a stripped lower receiver, the brand really doesn’t matter. A lower is a lower. The precise fit of the lower to the upper, for less wiggle, is kinda a matter of trial and error, unless you buy a “matched” upper and lower.
    If you are talking about a complete assembled lower, the quality of the lower parts, will make a difference, especially with the trigger/fire control group. Personally, I’d buy the cheapest mil-spec lower, add a giessele SSA-e trigger, standard lower parts kit, and a decent stock/receiver extension, based on your preferences, and it’s as good as any high end brand completed lower.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The reply I thought I'd see. Lol
    The rollmark and finish are about the only different in any stripped lower.
    Plus QC. Like mentioned before, I had to file a little bit on an anderson lower to get the pins to fit. Would've sent it back since it wasn't in spec, but it was going on a junk build anyways so I didn't care. They're all the same damn metal and honestly, spending $300 or $50 on one isn't going to change very much. Fit and finish is the end result. If I'm building one that I'm going to invest good money into, then I won't use an anderson. I have one on my AR47 just because its a BCA upper and I don't expect either to be quality parts. It's a range toy that slings cheap steel cased ammo downrange. Hits 2-3 moa on a good day so I can't complain. Hell, the LPK cost more than the lower. Haha

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I had an issue with 2 KE lowers from different batches so any of them can have issues. I also sold a 9mm lower to a member and it would not fit his uppers but fit mine. Billet piece. Quality control misses high and low. All of them can have problems

McMillan

USMC
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Not looking to build for a purpose..
    You know I like a fine wine just as much as a Pabst. With wine, like an AR, there are specific pairings for types of food, environmental conditions and even time.. some wines are made to be good within a certain year.
    My question was a little vague and maybe could have used some, storyline, to better prompt a discussion. My goal was simply this. Sitting at the vineyard I only occasionally visit I wanted to ask the regulars.. what wines are striking good chords right now?
    Is Anderson Mfg. comparable to Wilson Combat when speaking about AR15 lowers, factory built?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    They’ll both do the same thing. Probably.
    I SBR’d a WC lower several years ago. No complaints at all.
    I don’t do poverty ponies and friends don’t let friends do poverty ponies. Why? Principle. Because you’re better than bottom of the barrel, and you’re worth it.
    Cheers!

DGladden

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have no experience with Wilson Combat, but they do have a reputation for outstanding quality! I DO have experience with Anderson and it's not exactly favorable. I've built 4-5 Anderson lowers and two had holes that were out of spec. One of the holes for the trigger pins was slightly oversized and the pin slipped while firing the first mag. This caused the trigger to not reset. I tapped the pin back in and made it through a few more rounds before it did it again. This issue was corrected with a set of anti-walk pins. The second lower I had an issue with, I ended up returning to the shop I bought it from. The hole for the front take down pin was oversized. The shop took it back and I paid the few $ difference to get a Spikes Tactical. I will not buy Anderson lowers anymore.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Legit question - - -> how much do you want to pay for a NAME ??
    For the same price I would choose Wilson Combat.
    (I do not own either) --- SAWMAN

McMillan

USMC
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Legit question - - -> how much do you want to pay for a NAME ??
    For the same price I would choose Wilson Combat.
    (I do not own either) --- SAWMAN
    A name? This isn’t exactly a pair of jordans vs new balance… jk my friend
    The name Daniel Defense or Colt couldn’t be put in the same category as Anderson.. or even Wilson Combat as far as I know. I don’t have much experience much with either WC or Anderson. I have an Anderson right now and always did what it was made to do. But I wouldn’t build out a full LPK on it. I may be getting a WC here soon and I do want one of the two to keep to be able to “upper swap.” Just one not dedicated to anything. Sounds like the overwhelming consensus is still WC tho :)

McMillan

USMC
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    They’ll both do the same thing. Probably.
    I SBR’d a WC lower several years ago. No complaints at all.
    I don’t do poverty ponies and friends don’t let friends do poverty ponies. Why? Principle. Because you’re better than bottom of the barrel, and you’re worth it.
    Cheers!
    Thanks for this

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Yup.
    Many more quality lowers out there with more neutral roll marks though. Just a thought.
    I don't think I'd ever buy a Wilson at retail. Not the roll mark I'd want in my collection, but if a deal or a trade come up it's possible.

McMillan

USMC
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Yup.
    Many more quality lowers out there with more neutral roll marks though. Just a thought.
    I’d pay extra for no roll marks, but that’s just me. A logo isn’t what I’m after. Material used, fit and finish.. but I guess that’s where some roll marks “tell the story” lol

Top Bottom