Patriot Mobile

and your hard earned taxes are going to pay for it!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

White House to announce student loan cancellation​

The White House is expected to announce on Wednesday a plan to cancel a chunk of student loan debt, in addition to an extension of the existing payment pause, three sources with knowledge of the situation told The Hill.

Sources said President Biden’s intended measure will include at least $10,000 in loan forgiveness for borrowers who make less than $125,000 annually, as well as another payment freeze for roughly four months.

• The $10,000 figure would be the largest forgiveness of federal student loans per individual to date.
    • But it would be less than what advocates and some Democratic lawmakers have been demanding, which has ranged from $50,000 per borrower to total cancellation.
    • The move comes as the Aug. 31 deadline for the White House to extend a student loan freeze rapidly approaches.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Interesting way to buy votes.
    he actually has no authority to do this, pelosi said so 1 yr ago, takes an act of congress...

you watch, good chance it will be shot down, then they can blame republicans...nothing these devils do is without a plan...

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They had no authority to allow people to live rent-free and without the threat of eviction during COVID, but they did it, and it went on almost two years. Ever wonder why rent is so high now? Uh-huh, those landlords are getting it all back, with interest.

The level in faith I have in federal government gives me cause to believe this may be completely illegal, but it will go ahead, and go on long enough that by the time it's stopped, the damage will be done.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    They had no authority to allow people to live rent-free and without the threat of eviction during COVID, but they did it, and it went on almost two years. Ever wonder why rent is so high now? Uh-huh, those landlords are getting it all back, with interest.

The level in faith I have in federal government gives me cause to believe this may be completely illegal, but it will go ahead, and go on long enough that by the time it's stopped, the damage will be done.
    The big question is how are our reps in Washington making money off it...... and somehow I bet they are just like every shit deal they push thru.

Django

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have been working 2 jobs for the last 4 years to help pay for my sons tuition so he doesn't end up with a student loan. I also paid as I went myself, working a full time job and going to school. How the fuck do you think I feel about this latest developement? Horse shit.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    i think the plan is to let the courts strike it down, as spending of money has to go thru congress, then they can blame the extremist republicans

who knows

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    It’s actually almost 2x as bad, the student loan forgiveness is $20k if you were eligible for the Pell Grant, which is most people….yup, interesting way to try to buy votes, at the extreme expense of every taxpayer….taxes will be increased, and inflation will rise with the higher federal deficit, hitting us taxpayers hard.

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i think the plan is to let the courts strike it down, as spending of money has to go thru congress, then they can blame the extremist republicans

who knows
    Surprised I haven't heard this from more people.This is very likely!

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The big question is how are our reps in Washington making money off it...... and somehow I bet they are just like every shit deal they push thru.
    I suspect they may not be getting paid directly, but by "networking" they end up in a position, and/or with connections, of advatage that allows them to profit. I could be completely wrong, but I'll need some serious evidence/convincing. How else do you explain these people walking in the door with 5-figure incomes and leaving as multi-mulionnaires? There all wise investors? Nah, if they were, why would they be so stupid as to subject themselves to goverment service? Nope, they are willing to do/say/pay whatever for what they get in return, IMO.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I suspect they may not be getting paid directly, but by "networking" they end up in a position, and/or with connections, of advatage that allows them to profit. I could be completely wrong, but I'll need some serious evidence/convincing. How else do you explain these people walking in the door with 5-figure incomes and leaving as multi-mulionnaires? There all wise investors? Nah, if they were, why would they be so stupid as to subject themselves to goverment service? Nope, they are willing to do/say/pay whatever for what they get in return, IMO.
    Yep
    1657928755452.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom