• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So two things - with the incubation period as long as it is, the proximity to international airports, potential cross contamination of travelers - Ebola could already be in this country - just not in a contained, controlled way as those medical workers are. Two - it seems that a new, experimental drug was made available to both of them with positive results - good news if it a successful as they next step is to find a way to contain the outbreak - very difficult to do for lots of reasons - part of it location and as previously stated lack of education and understanding and vaccinate those infected.

This has nothing to do with politics or religion, and everything about stopping this from becoming pandemic.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Okay, wait for it, wait for it. You're gonna love this. Folks, you're absolutely going to love this. Well, wait. Maybe some of you won't love this. Let me speak for myself. I love this. You know that magical serum that was given to two white Americans suffering from Ebola? You know what the magic ingredient is? Nicotine. Tobacco is the magical ingredient in the serum. It's a Kentucky tobacco plant from which they derive the magical serum that has caused massive reversals of the symptoms of Ebola in the two white Americans.

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sources told CNN the medicine given to Brantly and Writebol abroad was a three-mouse monoclonal antibody, meaning that mice were exposed to fragments of the Ebola virus and then the antibodies generated within the mice's blood were harvested to create the medicine.

However, the drug can also be produced with proteins made from tobacco plants. ZMapp manufacturer Kentucky BioProcessing in Owensboro has been working with Samaritan's Purse and Emory University Hospital to provide limited quantities of the drug to Emory, according to company spokesman David Howard.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Light them if you got them to be safe from Ebola!

Now the piece de resistance. The name of the serum is ZMapp. It's named after a Kentucky bioprocessing company in Owensboro, and it is made from ... tobacco! It is made from a unique Kentucky tobacco plant. "The drug is a cocktail of three 'humanized' monoclonal antibodies that are manufactured in a group of fragrant plants or bushes known by the genus name Nicotiana."

What do you think the root word of "Nicotiana" is? Try Joe Camel. Try nicotine. Exactly right. Joe Camel is the root word. Nicotine! As Granny on the Beverly Hillbillies used to say, "Tabacki!" It is "tabacki" that is responsible for the magical potion and serum that was used to treat these two white Americans.

Again, the "drug cocktail" is known as ZMapp, developed by a San Diego company, Mapp Biopharmaceutical (two P's in there: Mapp). "It is manufactured in Kentucky using fast-growing tobacco plants, which act as 'photocopiers' to produce proteins that are extracted from the plants and processed into the drug." Not just any tobacco plant. I mean, this is a bat-out-of-hell, fast growing tobacco plant.

jakec

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Okay, wait for it, wait for it. You're gonna love this. Folks, you're absolutely going to love this. Well, wait. Maybe some of you won't love this. Let me speak for myself. I love this. You know that magical serum that was given to two white Americans suffering from Ebola? You know what the magic ingredient is? Nicotine. Tobacco is the magical ingredient in the serum. It's a Kentucky tobacco plant from which they derive the magical serum that has caused massive reversals of the symptoms of Ebola in the two white Americans.

yet another good reason to start smoking!!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I must be safe from Ebola cause I smoke...great news as the government is trying to destroy the tobacco industry....tongue in cheek guys, don't get your panties in a wad!

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I must be safe from Ebola cause I smoke...great news as the government is trying to destroy the tobacco industry....tongue in cheek guys, don't get your panties in a wad!

You would probably have the most immunity built up, so no worries for you. lol

Top Bottom