• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Illiteracy transmits viruses? All this time I thought Ebola used blood and body fluids!! Lmao .

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    yeah education takes literacy, they are not understanding or following the warnings, it is not airborne, unprotected rapes and sex over there is rampant.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wether or not it can spread easily here does not matter.

They voluntarily put them selves in harms way. They knew the risks & should stay the hell over there. Now the American tax payer is paying for their care & the private flight from Africa to the ATL. I bet one of them is good friends with a Senator because we know they would not do all this for joe plumber.

305RSlc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    All the scare mongers want you to believe that. It is very difficult to spread, in africa because of the filth and illiteracy it is easier. There are much more easily contagious and worse things even in the US and they don't spread.

^^^This. Add to that the fear of general aid workers, government, and modern medicine which results in families taking infected individuals to witch doctors for treatment and the potential for the spread in Africa is understandable. Here, it would have to be an intentional spread of the disease to cause the sort of outbreak that happens in these villages. That would be a waging of biological warfare and, frankly, there are much more potent diseases/viruses/chemicals that would cause more widespread casualties than Ebola. Plus, the most common cause of death, from what I have read, is by organs shutting down due to loss of blood and bodily fluids. Having constant blood transfusions and IV fluids, theoretically, could keep the individual alive and would bring that 60% fatality rate down considerably; an option not available in these remote African countries but one that is readily available here.

statdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Plus, the most common cause of death, from what I have read, is by organs shutting down due to loss of blood and bodily fluids. Having constant blood transfusions and IV fluids, theoretically, could keep the individual alive and would bring that 60% fatality rate down considerably; an option not available in these remote African countries but one that is readily available here.
    Nope, it isn't that simple. Blood clots, hemorrhage, multi-organ system failure, and essentially decomposition from inside cannot be reversed with simple IV fluids & blood transfusions.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nope, it isn't that simple. Blood clots, hemorrhage, multi-organ system failure, and essentially decomposition from inside cannot be reversed with simple IV fluids & blood transfusions.

So Doc, is survival just luck or is there a treatment plan that doesn't just postpone the inevitable?

statdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So Doc, is survival just luck or is there a treatment plan that doesn't just postpone the inevitable?
    There is no good treatment! That is the hell of it. You do "supportive care", which is just a euphemism for treating symptoms without any real effect on the underlying cause, hoping the body will fight off the infection and the person survive. That is the only reason the 90% native mortality rate is 60% with Western-style supportive care.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Doc! I wonder if he is under guarded care, some radical minds could do a lot of damage with a pint of his blood, I'm guessing.

statdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Doc! I wonder if he is under guarded care, some radical minds could do a lot of damage with a pint of his blood, I'm guessing.
    I can assure you that there are armed guards in that area. I hope the powers-that-be view these patients as bioterrorist supply repositories!

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can assure you that there are armed guards in that area. I hope the powers-that-be view these patients as bioterrorist supply repositories!

Well that's reassuring! Doc, the media is claiming this is not airborne, but if it's body fluid transmitted, would a patient aspirating blood and coughing it into the air, not be contagious? Not following exactly how this is transmitted BC it seems to contradict itself.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Wether or not it can spread easily here does not matter.

They voluntarily put them selves in harms way. They knew the risks & should stay the hell over there. Now the American tax payer is paying for their care & the private flight from Africa to the ATL. I bet one of them is good friends with a Senator because we know they would not do all this for joe plumber.

where do you folks get all the mis information from? not read much or keep up w the news?

These people work for Billy Graham's Christian Charity, they provided the care and flight home, tax payer not paying a cent. They are researchers as much as Docs trying to treat as well as find a cure or treatment. If it was not for these workers, there just might be a pandemic all over the world, they are in hot spots all over the world helping in these crisis.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You may be right I do not know.

Do you have link that says Billy Craham's ministry is paying for this care, flight, quarantine & all the CDC costs. I highly doubt this is not costing the tax payers anything.

Joe

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    CDC was already on the Ebola case, the ministry is paying the costs of the aide workers there and here...Emory Charities my be helping cover the cost here, but the flight was provided by the BG charity. BG Jr. was on the news discussing all this.

Two seriously ill American aid workers will be treated at Atlanta's Emory University Hospital. Samaritan's Purse missionary group spokesman Todd Shearer tells The Associated Press that a plane carrying Dr. Kent Brantly has left West Africa. Brantly works for the group that is paying for the trip.

The private jet outfitted with a special, portable tent designed for transporting patients with highly infectious diseases was due to arrive at Dobbins Air Force Base in Marietta, Georgia, just outside Atlanta.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/plans-underway-american-sick-ebola-24806605

Last edited:

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well that's reassuring! Doc, the media is claiming this is not airborne, but if it's body fluid transmitted, would a patient aspirating blood and coughing it into the air, not be contagious? Not following exactly how this is transmitted BC it seems to contradict itself.

It doesn't have a long life in the air, but it can live a lot longer in moisture droplets(ie: coughing up bloody sputum or sneezing). They did a study on pigs back in 2012 which were kept apart in separate cages and only one originally had the Ebola virus. Somehow both ended up with it. They chalked it up to bloody sputum.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wasting my breath here but I see nothing about who is paying for the rooms,doctors at emory/cdc or the private flight home. I don't care enough to go look for proof ether way.

If its really not that contagious & we have nothing to worry about then how did they get it in the first place.

I still think its stupid for us to bring them here.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wasting my breath here but I see nothing about who is paying for the rooms,doctors at emory/cdc or the private flight home. I don't care enough to go look for proof ether way.

If its really not that contagious & we have nothing to worry about then how did they get it in the first place.

I see nothing about Graham footing the bill for treatment only the charity placing the doctor there and supporting their effort. What I read was from Emory stating THEY would give him the highest possible care. I hope I'm not paying for this..

To me, this is like having your daughter's high school boyfriend sleepover and then wondering how the hell she got knocked up...invite this darkness into our house, be ready for the consequences...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Two seriously ill American aid workers will be treated at Atlanta's Emory University Hospital. Samaritan's Purse missionary group spokesman Todd Shearer tells The Associated Press that a plane carrying Dr. Kent Brantly has left West Africa. Brantly works for the group that is paying for the trip.

Top Bottom