• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtkillerv

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I always swore that I would not spend powder burning gun type of money on an air rifle, but since the ammo situation, I decided what the hell. I bought a Benjamin Marauder .22. For those not familiar, this is a Pre-charged Pneumatic rifle. I has a air chamber that you fill to 3000 psi, and sends a 14.3 grain .22 caliber pellet down range between 850-900 fps.
    I had a chance to take it out and shoot it for the first time today. I loved it!! I only had a chance to put 45 pellets through it, and didn't spend any time trying to zero it to the cross hairs, but it was close enough to have fun with.
    They make some of these air rifles in .177, .22, .25, .357/9mm, .45, and .50 caliber!! The larger calibers being used for large game.

I think I'm hooked!

Keith

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It was pretty cool, awesome trigger and very quiet.

Not as cool as the Walther MP5 replica in 22LR though.

I sell those by the way:boom:

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Academy got in four bulk ammo cans of 22LR this morning -- 2K rounds each I think... They were gone as soon as the store opened -- so I was told by an employee. I guess the trick is to learn their truck delivery schedule (night) -- and be waiting at the doors for the place to open the next morning.

I too picked up an air rifle -- the GAMO Varmit Hunter. It's only .177 -- but with PBA ammo, it can reach 1400 fps.

I'm just ready for my stamp to come back so I can get my Can from Major Weapons...then the squirrels, raccoons, opossums, and Armadillos will be fair game at my place!

gtkillerv

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Whats the cost ob those things and whered u get it from?

They sell for $450 and up depending on where you get it at. I bought mine used with very little use, and a scope for $400, but then you have to have a way of getting 3000 psi into the air chamber. They makes special pumps, but I went the scuba tank route. With rifle, tank, and adapter to get air from the tank to the rifle I spent $575.
    I know, I know, For an pellet rifle? A toy? Trust me, this is no toy!
    Plus, I hate to put it out there, but a tin of 500 .22 pellets at Wally-World cost $7.00!! I walked out with 2500 pellets for $35. Yeah, you have to have the tank filled too, but it cost about $6, and on the stock settings this rifle gets 40 solid shots before the air pressure drops low enough to see the POI start to drop. I have done the math and I will get about 16-20 refills from the scuba tank. That's 760 to 800 shots from a tank.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom