• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mule1208

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Practicing with my 1911 chambered in 9x19 and my old Mauser in 8mm . I missed a shot at 50 yards I watched my round hit the dort mound behind my target "15ft mound" what I did not see was my round ricochet off the mound over the pine thicket behind the mound over the I-10 interstate and down into an rv park through a gentalmens bicep into his gravel drive way and back up into his camper door . When I went to check on the guy and apologize and make sure he was alright the deputy had my 9mm round rolling in the palm of his hand in perfect condition. You could see the dirt scoring where it hit the mound other then that it was in perfect condition, just a crazy lucky accident for sure

Mule1208

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Been shooting in this dirt Pitt for over 5 years now , this is absolutely a first and for a 9mm to do this is even more surprising

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You might be getting a letter from his attorney before long. At best you will be responsible for his medical bills and damage, worst possibly a civil suit. Might want to contact an attorney. Sorry to hear this.

Mule1208

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I figured I ought to share this , be prepared in this sport for the unexpected , been shooting for over half my life and following all the prime shooters safety rules . I talked with the elderly gentleman for a short time and the deputes I payed for a new camper door for him and that's all he wanted he was in good spirits over the whole ordeal even with a clean hole in his arm

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This happened a long time ago, but I still remember it because it was so crazy:

While driving on the Belt Parkway one summer morning near Plum Beach, a young woman named Nancy McEwen suddenly drifted off the road onto the median strip. A police lieutenant in the car behind her pulled over to see what the problem was. He found her moaning, with her head slumped forward, and called for an ambulance. She died a short time later at Coney Island Hospital, where doctors found a small hole on the side of her head that turned out to have been caused by a bullet. Since only one window in McEwen's car was open, and none of them had been shattered, Seedman believed the shot had to have been fired from Sheepshead Bay or the nearby area, and that due to the distance and the car's speed, it was probably not intentional. He ordered detectives and uniformed officers to search the dunes and marshes for a possible shell casing. After 2,400 people were interviewed and several other leads came to nothing, he pointed at a spot on the map and told his detectives to look for people who owned boats. That led to the shooter—a local gas station owner who had been on his boat that morning taking target practice at a floating beer can. One of his bullets had ricocheted off the water's surface and killed McEwen. A grand jury ruled it an accident, and no homicide charges were brought, although the shooter was fined $100 for violating firearms laws with the rifle.

Mule1208

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

While driving on the Belt Parkway one summer morning near Plum Beach, a young woman named Nancy McEwen suddenly drifted off the road onto the median strip. A police lieutenant in the car behind her pulled over to see what the problem was. He found her moaning, with her head slumped forward, and called for an ambulance. She died a short time later at Coney Island Hospital, where doctors found a small hole on the side of her head that turned out to have been caused by a bullet. Since only one window in McEwen's car was open, and none of them had been shattered, Seedman believed the shot had to have been fired from Sheepshead Bay or the nearby area, and that due to the distance and the car's speed, it was probably not intentional. He ordered detectives and uniformed officers to search the dunes and marshes for a possible shell casing. After 2,400 people were interviewed and several other leads came to nothing, he pointed at a spot on the map and told his detectives to look for people who owned boats. That led to the shooter—a local gas station owner who had been on his boat that morning taking target practice at a floating beer can. One of his bullets had ricocheted off the water's surface and killed McEwen. A grand jury ruled it an accident, and no homicide charges were brought, although the shooter was fined $100 for violating firearms laws with the rifle.
    That is insaine , and down right heart braking .

F4E Phantom

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Wow indeed. I hope the very best to you and the gentlemen at the RV park. Offer to pay the medical bills??

Mule1208

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    All the expenses are settled and it's pretty well over , I do wish I could've kept the round . It was terrific but very impressive. 9x19 gotta little penitration to er lol

Imnotbruce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Makes me cringe thinking about how I'd target shoot off a bridge into a creek as a teenager living in BFE Mississippi.

Absolutely heartbreaking accident especially inserting your own family into the situation. I know these are freak accidents but I can't help but feel that a firearms education class similar to how sex-ed is taught could mitigate some of these dangers.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Limited information on "the range.". Sounds like "your range," but then I read dirt pit.
    Can you paint a better picture of where you are shooting and will you continue to shoot at this location?

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Many years ago in Michigan my dad was driving down a country road during deer season. A bullet coming from the side grazed the hood of his car, just a bit in front of the firewall. If it had hit a bit more rearward....

Beached

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Years ago my sister was laying in bed New Year’s Eve and a nine millimeter bullet came thru the roof over mobile home and put a nasty welt on her upper leg. This was in Miami.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Many years ago in Michigan my dad was driving down a country road during deer season. A bullet coming from the side grazed the hood of his car, just a bit in front of the firewall. If it had hit a bit more rearward....
    I'd be tempted to believe that wasn't an accident

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom