• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    It's the same issue as when Olympic made a 7.62x39 pistol which halted the import of surplus x39 ammo. They reclassify the ammo as pistol ammo which means you can't import steel core ammo in that caliber since it is considered armor piercing. Stupid rule, but on the upside it shouldn't affect commercial ammo import unless it has a steel penetrating core. It won't affect Wolf, Barnaul, etc.

Little Jack

Master
    dammit!! it shouldn't effect the lead core stuff but this is going to cause a run on 5.45 and it'll be awhile before the commercial stuff levels of because of lower supply. it'll catch back up just like 7.62x39 did but i would guess it'll be awhile. when shit like this happens, all those guys hoarding ammo dint look like such ass holes.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    it appears there will be no "run" on it.....its already gone!
    Guess I should have bought a few more tins....instead of waiting for it to come back down a few $ !!!
    There goes the last sub 20 cent rounds. They were actually cheaper than many of the .22 options out there right now!
    I guess another round goes to the gun grabbers.

molldog06

Expert
    thanks for the link, I hand wrote a copy of that letter to: Congressmen Miller, Senators' Nelson and Rubio and gave them to the mailman at work today. Now to see how long it take to get the generic, thanks you for your thoughts......... letter back. (have not wrote a politician since 2009, not sure if you even get a response any more) I do not even shoot 5.45 but think it is ridiculous what they are trying to do with the 7N6 surplus. Makes me wonder which caliber is next.....

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    thanks for the link, I hand wrote a copy of that letter to: Congressmen Miller, Senators' Nelson and Rubio and gave them to the mailman at work today. Now to see how long it take to get the generic, thanks you for your thoughts......... letter back. (have not wrote a politician since 2009, not sure if you even get a response any more) I do not even shoot 5.45 but think it is ridiculous what they are trying to do with the 7N6 surplus. Makes me wonder which caliber is next.....

Better not be 308!!!!

Top Bottom