• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    He’s not blocking stimulus. He’s blocking the other crap. If the bill was cut and dry stimulus payments only, then it would pass. Both sides suck and I’m not saying I like either because I don’t. A lot could be done but both are too busy paying themselves to care. I was just making an observation and predicting what I think will happen. McConnell isn’t who he claims to be like most politicians.
    And under QE 1 and 2 the bean counters said that 40 cents of EVERY Federal dollar spent was borrowed from the Chinese... and now they're saying that Trumps QE/money printing was bigger than any of Obama's, and I wonder about how big this $2,000 one will be, after the trillions we just gave away all across the globe

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Did some digging and it looks like this 500 dollar check is left over from the first stimulus. Once the 2nd stimulus was kicked in it automatically sent out payments to those who didn't get their dependant under 17 pay. We have no kids. Lol. Government giving her free money. If they put it in her account I'm sure they can take it back. No clue.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    We got ours last night, but I wish we hadn't. While many people have been seriously hurt by the china virus crap, many others haven't and don't "deserve" or need it. As a retired person my pension, social security, VA disability payment, etc. have been unaffected. I guess it's just simpler to give it to everyone than it would be to sort out and target those in true need. It's a shame and a real waste of money that we don't have. just my opinion.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    We got ours last night, but I wish we hadn't. While many people have been seriously hurt by the china virus crap, many others haven't and don't "deserve" or need it. As a retired person my pension, social security, VA disability payment, etc. have been unaffected. I guess it's just simpler to give it to everyone than it would be to sort out and target those in true need. It's a shame and a real waste of money that we don't have. just my opinion.

Same here, I figure it is advanced funds for what biden will raise taxes and gas costs to hurt us the next 2 years. I feel like the funds could have been more targeted

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It's all fun and games until the gov raises Taxes to pay for the "free" money & stuff. Buy a couple cases of vaseline, market value will have a bigger increase than ammo.

This is definitely true, although a giant redistributive tax increase is inevitable now I think anyway. This is a drop in the bucket of Kentucky Jelly that we’re gonna need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For a gov that allegedly knows everything about you, I still got the debit card last time, I wonder if the gov got feedback on how many gun purchases it facilitated? I received direct deposit yesterday, they must have updated my dossier. Lol

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I didn’t really need it either, I’m not retired but I never stopped working. As far as targeted distributions go, I’ve seen those favor some while leaving others struggling, it’s a difficult thing, but I wish they would just scrap it all. No money going over seas, no money to companies, and no money to people. Those resourceful enough after a job loss, found an alternative source of income.
    Hell , if you’ve got a boat and a willingness for a hard days work, come see me. I need catchers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Someway later on we will all be paying one way or the other for those checks. But some people really need them due to loss of income.

Absolutley. If not an out-right tax raise, there will be a "fee" increase somewhere along the line to offset this. I'm sure the majority of amerikans will support a tax raise, because we are such a generous and caring country; it's common sense.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Absolutley. If not an out-right tax raise, there will be a "fee" increase somewhere along the line to offset this. I'm sure the majority of amerikans will support a tax raise, because we are such a generous and caring country; it's common sense.
    Joe the creep promises to tax the super rich that I do not believe will happen to pay for his programs. People are always good for sticking pins into someone else.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Joe the creep promises to tax the super rich that I do not believe will happen to pay for his programs. People are always good for sticking pins into someone else.
    Yeah, the whole tax the rich thing is exactly why I mention "fee" increases. Anyone that believes the rich (who own/control the country) can be taxed, and just quietly take it in stride is mentally deficient. If they raise taxes on the rich even .0001%, that will be offset by raising the cost of goods and services. In the end, only the consumer of the goods/services will pay the tax. We've come to the point where amerikan citizens actually demand and encourage this as some insane means of "getting even." You can't protect the stupid from themselves, but we'll all suffer for it.

Top Bottom