• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mine shoots real close w a variety of bullets and weights but your outcome is more common. The 120SST is a premium deer killer and as some will attest a very good hog rd, you have chosen well, grasshopper. Good luck!

Drauka99

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Frank... I liked how it was consistent with both rounds... just a bit surprised at the difference in the POI for the 2 bullets being so far apart. The 120s were what I was hoping for but I was willing to settle for the 110s. 5 rounds of the 120's would have been inside the soda can top with room to spare.

on the other side the 556 bull barreled upper i had on a diffrent lower grouped really close to the same POI with 3 different ammos (Tula, Georgia Arms and Hornady)...

Just want people to be aware that the 6.8 may group well but the POI might be a good bit different with different ammos

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I think you are lucky if like in my case I can choose 4 different rds that POI is within an inch of each other. Your results are more the norm and I believe the 1-10 barrel you have makes the differences a bit more pronounced. You will be happy w the 120SST performance on game and for that matter as a SD/HD rd.

Marquezj16

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Got out to shoot the 6.8 today

both bullet choices grouped well - 110 grain hollow points from SSA and 120 grain SST bullets from Hornady

The 120s grouped about 6" higher than the 110s but both grouped inside a soda can lid at 100 yards. I chose the 120s since I will be using this rifle hunting some this season.

My upped is a Rock River upper with a 1:10 twist

AS long as you know the POI shift for each ammo and it's consistent. SST has better coefficient .400 to .317, less drop at longer range. Good shooting and good luck.

Top Bottom