• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Haven't been checking on the cotton, peanut and pine fields due to it raining these last few nights. Tonight not raining, so I went for a quick look and to report deer to the farmer. As usual, no deer in the cotton since it was sprayed with deer repellent. 3 deer lying in the peanuts, so I chased them away. Heat signatures in the planted pine field, so I watched and couldn't see any head raise like deer, so I walked closer...hogs scattered about.

Wind was not perfect, so I had to get in a better position so I walked wind-wise slightly past a lone hog so it couldn't get my scent. It was between me and the bulk of the sounder, and since it would have been a LONG round-about noisy stalk to get far enough away from it and get to the middle of the sounder and hogs don't hold still, I decided to go for the lone hog as more of a sure thing. I shot it facing at a slight angle to me. Through the neck and bullet exited half way down the body. The light spot next to the thermal battery pack is the bullet exit. Dropped right there. Naturally, the sounder ran...too far away for me to try for another hog. Due to the weeds, too hard to count the hogs. My usual Nosler 125gr BT hand load.

0058DA9A-6BCD-4F1F-9EEC-AE7901BC3E7F.jpeg

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Great report. Keep us updated on the elimination process, and if you need some help, well.....

Top Bottom