APOD Firearms

5 firearms you wish you had never bought.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    1. S&W 1006 - beautiful gun and I still have a thing for 3rd gen Smiths. It was too big for my hands and the trigger pinched my finger every time I fired it. Still wish I hadn't sold it though and wow are they pricey now.

2. Glock 17 first gen. Key-holed and the slide would not go fully back into battery. Returned it and got another. Still key-holed occasionally. I kept it til 2010 and a buddy begged and begged so I sold it to him.

3. Grendel P12. Nuff said.

4. Canik TP9-SF. Didn't like the ergos and sold it.

5. Beautiful Sig officers model .45. Snappy little thing I didn't like, which is odd since I love pocket hand cannons. Not sure what to say cause I love 1911s and recoil (.357 snubs loaded super hot) but it was just different. Sold it.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    1. Charter Arms AR-7 .22 (unusable as a bullet launcher or boat anchor) could be used as a float for a crab trap:mad:
    2. Charter Arms Off-Duty (possibly the worse trigger of any gun I have ever owned)
    3. Taurus 941 (2nd worse trigger and binding cylinder)
    4. Kel Tec PF-9 (very painful gun to shoot) snub nosed .357 is a pussycat compared to the PF-9

COOLEEO

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    1. AMT Backup 380 (trigger so stiff it felt like the safety was on)
    2. Kahr T40 (fit my hand perfectly but could not hit anything with it)
    3. SIG Mosquito (neat gun but horrible trigger, almost as bad as the AMT)
    4. Colt 1911A1 80's Series in 9mm (1911's should only be made in 45!)
    5. S&W 500 (insane amount of recoil)

Molon Labe

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Around 1968-69 I bought a Ruger Blackhawk .30 caliber. I owned a M-1 carbine and had access to ammo. That was the loudest firearm I had ever fired. I had my head stuck to a Mortar tube years before that and could not compare the report. I don't remember ear protection being normal back then. I traded the .30 cal for a .45 LC Ruger Blackhawk. I gave that revolver to my father-in-law, unfired. I got it back, still unfired, and the box of ammo, after he passed away 5 years ago. The un-altered .45 is in the original yellow, black and red box in my safe. Somehow ( at 78) my hearing is still perfect.

Jerry

Well Known Member
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    1) Nodrinko .22 w/21" crooked bbl - Wouldn't shoot straight
    2) Dusstoff .39 cal single shot pistol - no ammo
    3) Wharrmn .308 Semi-auto - had a 2 round magazine
    4) Chaliforn ,454 Chechnya. made lever rifle - it was a Russian fake
    5) Woodstock .177 cal propane fueled lever action pellet rifle - Caught fire.
    Never regretted buying any of my firearms, just regretted selling most.

Last edited:

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Only 2 I have not liked were an Olympic arms ar with pinned and welded Flash hider (loudest thing I have shot) and a savage 17hmr - nothing wrong with the gun but I have never shot it.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I do that peculiar lookey, touchy, controls testy and point it thing. Fact is, it has interfered with dozens of planned and almost spontaneous buys. I have the I.A.I Mfg 380 Backup S/A, stiff trigger: YES, as is appropriate for that type pistol, still goes bang every time. AMTs are definatly love or hate thing.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This should be fun. List reasons if you want too.

1. Rossi lever action 410
    2. Tec9
    3. Masterpiece Arms .45
    4. SCCY 9mm
    5. Taurus CT40 Carbine

1-4 were fixed by me and sold at a profit, maybe, I think, not counting aggravation and time.
    5. Is just a shame cause its a kick ass carbine but no mags available.

Reality. 5 Firearms I shouldn't have purchased.

So all the 50BMG Bolt action or Semi-automatic rifles I own that can't be fired on all but the most of exclusive rifle ranges. While they give me a tactical advantage when called upon, how & where am I expected to keep proficient in thier use?

Likewise the short-range FN-P90.
    Chambered for the 5.7x 28mm.
    It's a pocket rocket that failed from day one.
    A 5.56mm NATO Pistol has more going for it with a lower cost than the failed FN 5.7. JMHO.

H&K Mark 23 Pistol.
    The S&W Model 39/59 Hush Puppy Pistol performed/outperformed this sidearm in the field prior to and after acceptance for field use of this sidearm. The 1991A1 still outperforms either of these sidearm choices afield. JMHO

Any Ruger Firearm I've ever purchased, they all are actual failures afield. Not Just My Humble Opinion !!!!!!!

Southernlost

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I had a thing for ghetto blasters at one point .worst ever was an ap9 with the non threaded barrel
    Second ..was a zip gun ..thought it was cool ended up breaking and I threw in the burn barrel

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is fun. Hmm, I've got think really hard, and I don't have 5.

#1 is definitely the Ruger MKII. Why? Complete PITA to take down and clean. As an added bonus, the one I owned had some kind of manufacturing defect that made it impossible to disassemble. It even baffled a local gunsmith. It went back to Ruger and was "fixed" but still a massive PITA to take down and put back together.
    #2 DPMS .308, sent back to DPMS twice, once for an un-staked gas key that turned it into a bolt action, and once for a trigger fault that caused it to shoot twice with each pull...!
    #3 Walther P22... mentioned by others... just a complete junk POS. At least it was good for failure clearing
    #4 Generic Chinesium Remington 870 12 ga clone - another one that was great for failure training

I also once had an RG .22 revolver but it was given to me so that doesn't count. Sold at a gun show for like $15.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most of the polymer Taurus', including the much bragged about TX22. I could write several paragraphs on why, but I will not. If you have one and love it, great!

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1. Kimber custom 2 (because I traded an old us army shooting team springfield for it because kimber's were supposed to be so awesome) hated that gun, was picky on ammo and while accurate, wasn't as reliable as the gun I traded.
    2. Zip 22 (no explanation needed)
    3. Calico 9mm (I think it was less reliable than the zip 22) I was young and it looked cool.
    4. Weatherby mkV 460 weatherby magnum. Impulse pawnshop buy, and I got it for less than the value of the scope it had on it, beautiful gun but exceptionally unpleasant to shoot
    5. Glock 17. Having grown up shooting 1911s, revolvers, and then the m9, I just couldn't shoot it for shit. Every time I brought it up to shoot, I'd be aiming well above the target. Trigger sucked, sights sucked, ergonomics sucked. I'm sure they're great guns, but I can't shoot a Glock for shit unless I really work at it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I'm not a Glock fan boy but it seems, especially the older Gen Glocks, either they fit you are they didn't. They fit me.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I must be lucky! I've got some of the guns mentioned and have had no issues, lol. Caveat, finding the "right" ammo helps. Also some guns NEED some wear on them to become shooters and fluff and buff sometimes.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom