• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 850guns

Master
    Maybe it's a long play.
    Let Sec. M. fail even worse.
    Till the border is overrun.
    Then vote again with bipartisan support.?.

B52

Master
    The fourth Republican (Rep. Blake Moore (R-UT)) changed his vote to allow the House Republicans to have another chance to pass impeachment. The first three are retiring from congress at the end of term or so they have said in the last few weeks.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    After weeks of threatening to put the impeachment of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas up for a vote over his handling of border security, House Republicans made good on that promise Tuesday — and promptly failed to muster enough votes to pull it off.

The impeachment resolution failed 214-216, with four Republicans joining all 212 Democrats in rejecting the measure. They were:

• Rep. Tom McClintock of California
    • Rep. Ken Buck of Colorado
    • Rep. Mike Gallagher of Wisconsin
    • Rep. Blake Moore of Utah

Bay Ranger

Master
    Saw reports that McConnell said that the immigration/foreign aid bill is "dead".

I sure hope so

Have you seen some of the provisions in the bill that Lankford negotiated?

5000 per day!
    assylum seekers at 30 ports of entry not counted!
    unaccompanied minors not counted!
    president can suspend numbers!

Bring back House HR2

BluesBrother

Master
    Not doing the job you sworn an oath to up hold the Constitution is not "high crimes and misdemeanors"? His allegiance is to the country not fjb

The vote was 214-216. Lawmakers voted on a resolution combining two articles of impeachment that accused Mayorkas of having "refused to comply with Federal immigration laws" and the other of having violated "public trust."

ef5f337ed1e68b6a1b3dc038dc328859.jpg
    mayorkasrepublicans.jpg

Those who voted no were Reps. Tom McClintock, R-Calif., Ken Buck, R-Colo., and Mike Gallagher, R-Wis. The lawmakers said while they disapproved of the job Mayorkas is doing at the southern border, the threshold for impeachment had not been met, and warned it could be used against future Republican administrations. I say a big BS for their given reason.
    could is the operative word in the reasoning. Could is not a sure thing is it?

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Not doing the job you sworn an oath to up hold the Constitution is not "high crimes and misdemeanors"? His allegiance is to the country not fjb

The vote was 214-216. Lawmakers voted on a resolution combining two articles of impeachment that accused Mayorkas of having "refused to comply with Federal immigration laws" and the other of having violated "public trust."

ef5f337ed1e68b6a1b3dc038dc328859.jpg
    mayorkasrepublicans.jpg

Those who voted no were Reps. Tom McClintock, R-Calif., Ken Buck, R-Colo., and Mike Gallagher, R-Wis. The lawmakers said while they disapproved of the job Mayorkas is doing at the southern border, the threshold for impeachment had not been met, and warned it could be used against future Republican administrations. I say a big BS for their given reason.
    could is the operative word in the reasoning. Could is not a sure thing is it?

Not sure it would have mattered... who would be the replacement?

Carl

Master
    Maybe 4 republicans are tired of winning? Or maybe AIPAC greased their palms hmm? The way he invoked the holocaust as a defense was typical and pathetic.

Last edited:

IronBeard

Master
    Don't you become disgusted when lack of unity causes a loss? It's not necessary to win every time, but the easy ones?
    Nah. Not sayin' I don't notice, but I've pushed past the point where I'll allow emotion to rule my life. Maybe I've been pushed past the point. Either way, clarity.

Top Bottom