• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Captken

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Am I the only one noticing that on this site along with other internet sales sites that you are seeing more and more 3 boxes of this ammo or 3 boxes of that ammo for sale. Makes one wonder if there is any relationship to their having 3 boxes and the 3 box limit at Walmart? Naw, can't be, gotta be a fluke of nature.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think you win the door prize! That and places like Cabelas are doing the same.

Cabela's is five boxes...

How many of these " look, they are gouging!! " threads are we going to have? We get the point, you don't like people making money from this ammo shortage and media hoopla surrounding our chosen hobby.

Captken

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Probably until the gougers get tired of being called out. I'm just the opposite, I would rather give a man something than take advantage of them while between a rock and a hard place. I did that today, sent ammo free to someone that needed it on this board. Sorry, I still have a conscience.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Probably until the gougers get tired of being called out. I'm just the opposite, I would rather give a man something than take advantage of them while between a rock and a hard place. I did that today, sent ammo free to someone that needed it on this board. Sorry, I still have a conscience.

I am a "gouger", I have bought and sold ammo in the past few months.

I also put together a group buy here, essentially selling what the market said was 25 thousand dollars in ammo for 8k to our members, not making a single dime from the transaction.

So what am I? A good guy? A bad guy? Or just someone who has hoarded and stock piled ammo (when it was less fashionable to do so) and has capitalized on that and make some extra spending money?

You are taking what someone like me does as a personal affront, and honestly I am growing weary of the negative tone that is present in most of your posts.

People are buying up what is hard to find, and profiting from it. It is what it is, whining about it will not change it.

Also, nobody is going to get "tired of being called out" I have no qualms about what I am doing.

b747fp

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

What does it matter? We get it, you are the moral compass that should guide us all.

Maybe we should go picket outside of every business that tries to make a profit! That's it, that will stop all the people from buying their products.

As a gouger because I've sold some of my personal ammo at a profit, not once during my sales did I force someone to buy anything.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Are we still talking about this? Haven't we hit this topic in so many other threads?

We have, and that's why I am getting a little excited here... Check post history, whining about people gouging is a recurring theme with this member.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If you don't like the price... Don't buy.

Currently, there are plenty of other people willing to pay high prices.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Gunbroker isn't gouging if the bidders are ASKING to pay those prices. When the auction is over, the bidder even says "thank you". Why wouldn't you sell on gunbroker?

The crazy prices on GB usually don't get bid on. Been watching several items that were asking way too much. They've come down in the last couple of weeks but still high.

Zeus

Banned For Life
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    True, I learned long ago if you start a $50 item at $0.01 with no reserve you make twice as much. But if you (in normal times) start with a $50 opening bid no one bids at all.

PS: for anyone looking ... as of this morning Academy had brass 5.56 for $10 per box of 20. One box limit per day, and they are keeping those and several other popular cal. behind the customer service counter.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ian thanks for that gouging on that ammo I bought. Sure was a hell of alot cheaper than anyone else was selling for.

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ha, Im watching Tom and Jerry Cartoons with my granddaughter nothing beats the old metro goldwin mayer cartoons directed by Hanna Barbarba!! the newer ones are crap!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom