• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef_josh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Ment to ask, do you gotta head shot em or would a heart, lung shot with the 223 do it??
    Actually, that critical defense is pretty nasty. It would definitely do fine expansion wise on a chest vitals placement. I like the 75 gr frontier hpbt for hogs because it penetrates better before expansion, but I’ve probably taken 40 deer in my life with .223 and never lost one that a .300 win mag would’ve made the difference.

datboyhieu

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I haven’t had any luck yet in my area saw a bobcat and a few turkeys but that thing was to fast

The rut in my area doesn’t start till end of December early January and then Season ends Jan which

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlimSights

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I haven’t had any luck yet in my area saw a bobcat and a few turkeys but that thing was to fast

The rut in my area doesn’t start till end of December early January and then Season ends Jan which

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah them cats is slick. They are hard at night, even with a call and bait. Pure ghost in the daylight hours. You’re lucky to even have caught a passing glance!

chef_josh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah them cats is slick. They are hard at night, even with a call and bait. Pure ghost in the daylight hours. You’re lucky to even have caught a passing glance!
    I’ve seen about 5 in the last year or so over on Eglin. Every single one I’ve seen, a barking squirrel has clued me in. Otherwise, they make zero noise and I don’t see them. They are definitely like ninjas.

Top Bottom