• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I can't decide whether to shoot this match or not. I'd be all over it, except I won't be classified in time.

if you are willing to drive, DGC is considering a classifier match on 17th Jan. that will give enough time for headquarters to get you classified.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    if you are willing to drive, DGC is considering a classifier match on 17th Jan. that will give enough time for headquarters to get you classified.
    Aww man. I'd definitely drive up there for that, but I'll be out of town that weekend.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Qoholeth

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I wish ECPS @ CORE would consider a classifier match Jan 16 to help some of us get enough scores to be classified for Alabama Sectional. I need a Saturday classifier match.:thumb:

Last edited:

Midnight son

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong, if you are desperate, you can shoot the same classifier 6 times and have scores submitted? Of course then you have to wait on uspsa to do their job.

coolpapabell15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong, if you are desperate, you can shoot the same classifier 6 times and have scores submitted? Of course then you have to wait on uspsa to do their job.

I'm pretty sure that's a no-go. I know I've shot the same classifier at two different matches and, although both scores are on my "recent classifiers" record, USPSA nixed the lower one and it did not count towards my current classification. As far as I know, you must have six scores from six unique classifiers for your initial classification.

Also, I don't think you have to be classified in order to shoot a major match. The Alabama Sectional is being advertised as a Level II match. From what I can tell from a quick-scan of the USPSA classification rules, in a level II or III match your overall performance technically COULD be used as a classification if USPSA deems it a legitimate measurement against the top performers, though you may need Michel, Sevigny, Stoeger, Racaza and Jonasson to show up to make that happen...

Link to rules and procedures via USPSA:
    http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-faq-details.php

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm pretty sure that's a no-go. I know I've shot the same classifier at two different matches and, although both scores are on my "recent classifiers" record, USPSA nixed the lower one and it did not count towards my current classification. As far as I know, you must have six scores from six unique classifiers for your initial classification.

Also, I don't think you have to be classified in order to shoot a major match. The Alabama Sectional is being advertised as a Level II match. From what I can tell from a quick-scan of the USPSA classification rules, in a level II or III match your overall performance technically COULD be used as a classification if USPSA deems it a legitimate measurement against the top performers, though you may need Michel, Sevigny, Stoeger, Racaza and Jonasson to show up to make that happen...

Link to rules and procedures via USPSA:
    http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-faq-details.php

Yeah, I asked and was told that I can shoot unclassified, but as someone stated "it's kinda like kissin' your sister..." It might give me a good idea of where I stand as far as true classification, but I think I'm going to hold off and try to shoot another Major match or two this year.

or coolpapabell15 or ChrisC or TennJeep or steven7???....in other words local superstars

I don't belong in the same sentence as those other 3. Maybe one day, with lots of hard work.

Steven785

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Yeah, I asked and was told that I can shoot unclassified, but as someone stated "it's kinda like kissin' your sister..." It might give me a good idea of where I stand as far as true classification, but I think I'm going to hold off and try to shoot another Major match or two this year.

Being classified is not all it is cracked up to be. Once I got classified I never won anything again.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    the gold barrel does have some kind of intimidation effect. ever wonder why rappers wear so much?

BTW, for those of you master blasters, I am shedding tears, back here in "C" or lower

I like how USPSA has a classifier stage in every match. gives opportunity to move up as we shoot and learn along the way. clever.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom