• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RRlocoENGR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just purchased a Century Arms Yugoslavian AK 47 PAP and have not received it yet. I have some of the Tapco 30 round AK 47 magazines. My question concerns the bolt hold open feature with different type magazines. I have heard that only the Yugoslavian mags will allow the BHO feature on this rifle. Is that true? Does anyone know if my Tapco 30 round mags will allow the BHO feature also? What about other brands of magazines allow BHO?

I am hoping my Tapco mags will allow BHO feature, but if not I need to know which ones do.

Thanks!

:eek:hwell:

bbyrd130

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think only the Yugoslavian AK mags have the bolt hold open feature. They are my preferred magazine for AK's simply because of that feature.

Ken232

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a PAP M92PV and it came with a BHO cut on the safety latch I really just practice with mag changes cause the bho on the last round isnt that important to me

RRlocoENGR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think only the Yugoslavian AK mags have the bolt hold open feature. They are my preferred magazine for AK's simply because of that feature.

My AK came with a Bulgarian 30 round mag and it is not one that allows BHO. I had heard that if you were creative and ground the right stuff to allow the follower to come all the way to the top of the mag it would hold the bolt open after last round had been fired. However, after examining this Bulgarian mag, even if I made the follower move all the way to the top, it looks to me like the part of the follower that the bolt would strike would not stop it. It has a rounded shape to it. Sorry for the elementary explanation, best I can describe it.

I have some Tapco mags that look like the follower would stop the bolt if I can grind off the right amount of the stop to allow the follower to extend all the way out.

Anyone ever modify the metal Bulgarian mags? I have some Yugo BHO mags on the way, but would like to modify the Tapco and Bulgarian to BHO if possible.

Thanks!

Fishyfingers

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If your AK mags work, well, I say don't screw them up. If your AK doesn't have the BHO device, which many do not, modifying a magazine follower to rise high enough to be slammed by the bolt/carrier will either destroy the follower or the magazine body.

Top Bottom