• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I like it with the 10 inch barrel but did you catch where he said the 16 inch model would be available for us :(

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are soooo many ccw options available. If like to see something NEW.
    Don't get me wrong, those are cool, but its just another copy of the same things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The R51 is a pretty cool gun, if you listen to how it's built. The barrel is fixed, the chamber is separate from the barrel, the recoil spring is around the barrel. Pretty cool design I'll have to admit, but the dang thing is ugly as all hell.

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The R51 is a pretty cool gun, if you listen to how it's built. The barrel is fixed, the chamber is separate from the barrel, the recoil spring is around the barrel. Pretty cool design I'll have to admit, but the dang thing is ugly as all hell.

I prefer the HK P7 series... Fixed barrel, recoil spring around the barrel, fluted chamber and gas operated. Plus the safety of a squeeze cocking mechanism. It's more beautiful too! :clap2:

Last edited:

Ardiemus

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Flyandscuba you are so right! I do like the DT bullpup. That thing looks sweet! A bit much vs the Tavor or even the Aug but you do get the 556/308 option. Nothing beats a P7 my friends.

image-92170023.jpg

Attachments

• image-92170023.jpg
      image-92170023.jpg
      73.6 KB · Views: 303

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I prefer the HK P7 series... Fixed barrel, recoil spring around the barrel, fluted chamber and gas operated. Plus the safety of a squeeze cocking mechanism. It's more beautiful too! :clap2:

I had a P7 and hated it for CCW. Blocky and not ergonomic at all, almost impossible to get a good grip on it when presenting cc and I don't want to rely on the "lemon squeezer' to work when I need it. And only 7 rnds? I want more. ALOT more better options. A kel-tec P-11 or M&P 9 is top dog here.

This new one has lite, short trigger( a HUGE plus for cc), is slim, ergonomic and has the lowest center of bore( a HUGE plus for ccw, why I hate Sigs) and lowered recoil for better accuracy( a HUGE plus for cc). I'll have one as soon as it comes out.

Last edited:

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Exactly, folks don't know of Pedersen, but he was right there with John Browning( who called Pedersen the "greatest gun designer in the world") and Garand. He was the first one to take the 1903 and make it semi auto. His design of the R51 was revolutionary and has NOT been duplicated, until now. It almost replaced the 1911 in the military( but couldn't keep up with production demand like the 1911, so lost out). His semi 1903 was in direct competition with the Garand, but the military chose the Garand.

The thing about this design is that it can handle greater chamber pressures, so +p is not a problem.

Last edited:

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like it with the 10 inch barrel but did you catch where he said the 16 inch model would be available for us :(

Yeah, when he brought that up it turned me off. But I knew as soon as I saw the gun we wouldnt be able to own it so easily with a 10" bbl.

Im going to reserve final judgement on the R51 until I get one in my hot little hands.

Destinee on the other hand...Ive wanted one of her for a long time.

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The r51 is 7+1

Now if they made a larger version of it in 40,45 with a 4.5-5" barrel, I'd be all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, when he brought that up it turned me off. But I knew as soon as I saw the gun we wouldnt be able to own it so easily with a 10" bbl.

Im going to reserve final judgement on the R51 until I get one in my hot little hands.

Destinee on the other hand...Ive wanted one of her for a long time.

yeah, the idea of switching from a .223 to .308( replacing bolt, barrel and mag well insert) might sound good on paper, but I suspect in practice, it won't do either one very well. IMO, it'd be quicker and easier to just swap rifles( or having team mates have the different guns, like they do). How many instances in CQB, do you need to switch from .223 to .308( and are going to have the time to do the switcharoony? meaning that you have to carry the extra parts and ammo with you)?

Last edited:

CCHGN

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The r51 is 7+1.

Yes, but everything is a tradeoff. The whole point of needing more ammo is because of the LONG triggers and poor accuracy, etc.

With the lite, short trigger, lowered center of bore and reduced recoil, the R51 is FAR more accurate and with the +P more powerful, 7=1 may very well be all you need. Also, it's lighter and slimmer than double stacks and less ammo means lighter carrying load for it and extra mags.

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, but everything is a tradeoff. The whole point of needing more ammo is because of the LONG triggers and poor accuracy, etc.

With the lite, short trigger, lowered center of bore and reduced recoil, the R51 is FAR more accurate and with the +P more powerful, 7=1 may very well be all you need. Also, it's lighter and slimmer than double stacks and less ammo means lighter carrying load for it and extra mags.

I see what you're saying, and I know it differs for everyone, but I personally don't have trouble taming that massive 9mm recoil. I use to Cary 357mag but decided I would trade off power for capacity so I switched to 40 and now have 9+1. I like the r51 but I personally couldn't justify 7+1 in 9mm, might as well go back to 5 rounds of mag power.
    The r53..I couldn't find a lot on it, but if it's as thin as the 51, I'd probably like that.

Aaronious45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    After looking at it, I actually like the looks of it a lot. It's got nice lines like a old Chevy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I like the price of the R51 and $429 SMSRP, and actually a friend of mine just ordered one here and it was expected in either tomorrow or Monday. Supposedly they are already out there at the distributors.

Top Bottom