• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This doesn't look good for the rookie unless I am missing a big part of the story. Maybe the kid is a convicted murderer or something. As of now looks like leo may be a bit trigger happy.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dude was eating a burger minding his own damn business. This trigger happy waste of oxygen mag dumped on him for no reason. His life was not in danger, he was just too egotistical to let the kid get away from him in any way shape or form. It's officers like this that give all LEO a bad rep and why the public is fed up with these murderous scumbags that think they have a license to kill. Makes my damn blood boil. I could go on a VERY long rant here, but I won't, it would do nothing but create more of a divide. Either way, any sympathizers that want to defend the cop's actions here, please chime in. I'd LOVE to see how the bootlickers will twist this to somehow make it a justifiable use of force.

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Ok I have another outlook on this. Does this look bad ? Maybe. But once again ALL COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED, and the kid would be alive right now had he put it in park, got out, and said yes officer, what is the problem. The fact of the matter is he backed up abruptly with his door open, that cop could have easily ended up under the vehicle, then the kid threw it in gear and took off. It seems the pattern these days cop pulls you over, screw the cop, take off. Now, should that warrant a hydro shock to the cranium ? Not my call to make. But if you simply COMPLY your life expectancy is MUCH LONGER !

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Ok I have another outlook on this. Does this look bad ? Maybe. But once again ALL COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED, and the kid would be alive right now had he put it in park, got out, and said yes officer, what is the problem. The fact of the matter is he backed up abruptly with his door open, that cop could have easily ended up under the vehicle, then the kid threw it in gear and took off. It seems the pattern these days cop pulls you over, screw the cop, take off. Now, should that warrant a hydro shock to the cranium ? Not my call to make. But if you simply COMPLY your life expectancy is MUCH LONGER !
    So your first thought of getting run over by a car is to pull your gun? I'm getting the hell out of the way! I wasn't there in the moment for the record. If I was I don't see any reason to open fire.

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    So your first thought of getting run over by a car is to pull your gun? I'm getting the hell out of the way! I wasn't there in the moment for the record. If I was I don't see any reason to open fire.
    If you re-read my post I never said “I” would pull anything, nor did I say the officer was right nor wrong. The ENTIRE synopsis of my post was the kid would be home playing video games right now IF HE HAD SIMPLY COMPLIED. Do you really think had he put it in park got out and said “Yes sir what can I do for you” the officer would have executed him ? Pretty simple, comply and you live longer.

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I saw the video the other night, I recall the officer walking from the back of the car and opening the drivers door without and prior notice. I don’t think the guy even saw the officer until the car door flew open. I don’t remember - Did the officer have a flash light pointed at the guy when he opened the door? If so then the guy wouldn’t even be able to see who opened his door. Sketchy as hell.

Edit: Watched it again, definitely agree with the poster below

Last edited:

Ditchdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I remember being 18. Sometimes when faced with a person in authority that seems aggressive you panic and make bad decisions. I also remember be 21ish and feeling like an slight against me was a crime against humanity. Lotta hormones and adrenaline in this case. That being said I think the former officer is definitely in the wrong here.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You're just victim blaming here....there was nothing to "comply" with/to....the officer came up to the vehicle unannounced and without any warning opened the car's door...the victim didn't even know what the hell was going on and it's not even proven that the victim was trying to escape at that point...if someone just comes up to your vehicle while you're eating, and without warning, opens the door and starts yelling, what the hell would you do in that situation? I don't even think there was enough time for the victim to realize it was an officer and not someone trying to carjack him...either way, the cop was completely in the wrong here and deserves the book thrown at him...stop apologizing for cops and victim blaming people..."If they would've just complied" means fuck all when the initial stop is unconstitutional to begin with....how about we start extensively training officers in deescalation techniques, requiring more schooling than they're doing now, and making them carry their own insurance so the tax payers stop footing the bill every time these idiots shoot an innocent person...

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Did the driver think he was being "jacked"? An occurrence made common with fewer police these days. Only the driver can answer that. If he thought he was being jacked, his reaction to thwart the offender would be considered appropriate. However, he had enough time to distinguish it was a uniformed police officer at his door. Why would he attempt a get away injuring the officer in the process? Did the officer think he was approaching a dangerous, possibly armed offender? Is it procedure, protocol for an officer to open a car door unannounced? Should the driver been given the benefit of the doubt that he was not the person that popped up on the officers search screen? It seems to me that when an officer gives the benefit of doubt to an aggressive individual often times the officer ends up dead. The offender ends up with a law suit against the city or county. I don't have the answers to these questions. I know that daily, daily the "news" has police officers killed in the line of duty leaving behind a wife and baby's. I think it would be very hard to do a job when the loudest voices are screaming, screaming to defend and defund what you do. As a result police are spread very thin. Only the officer was in the moment without backup. The undisputed facts are both crime and officer shooting deaths are out of control.

Last edited:

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Everyone makes mistakes! But we hold LEO's to a much higher standard then folks flipping burgers and rightly so. When you make a mistake at work as an LEO it is going to make the 11 O clock news, when that mistake involves discharging your duty firearm you shall be held accountable for your actions. It would have been better for everyone involved if non-lethal force (ie tazer vice sidearm) was in this ex-officers control. Did the kid make it? Or is this a worst case Officer involved shooting?

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Did the driver think he was being "jacked"? An occurrence made common with fewer police these days. Only the driver can answer that. If he thought he was being jacked, his reaction to thwart the offender would be considered appropriate. However, he had enough time to distinguish it was a uniformed police officer at his door. Why would he attempt a get away injuring the officer in the process? Did the officer think he was approaching a dangerous, possibly armed offender? Is it procedure, protocol for an officer to open a car door unannounced? Should the driver been given the benefit of the doubt that he was not the person that popped up on the officers search screen? It seems to me that when an officer gives the benefit of doubt to an aggressive individual often times the officer ends up dead. The offender ends up with a law suit against the city or county. I don't have the answers to these questions. I know that daily, daily the "news" has police officers killed in the line of duty leaving behind a wife and baby's. I think it would be very hard to do a job when the loudest voices are screaming, screaming to defend and defund what you do. As a result police are spread very thin. Only the officer was in the moment without backup. The undisputed facts are both crime and officer shooting deaths are out of control.
    He had chased the suspect that same week and had to give up pursuit because it ended in a high speed chase and was told to back off, so he remembered the car.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I think the officer was really pissed when someone gave him the slip a few nights before so he was not going to let him get away this time. I never heard whether the kid was actually the one that gave him the slip.
    So he was pissed right from the get-go which clouds the thinking.
    The kid was confused by the sudden turn of events so didn’t know how to react. I’m sure if someone suddenly throws your door open, a thousand things go thru your mind, one of which is to get outta there.
    Looks to me like the officer was in the wrong and they did right to get rid of one with that temperament.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    He had chased the suspect that same week and had to give up pursuit because it ended in a high speed chase and was told to back off, so he remembered the car.
    Was it even the right car?

Hopefully the kid makes it...

seandizzie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Kid was panicked, as the officer snuck up on him and just opened his car door.

When the vehicle moved backwards, I don’t think it was the kids intention to hit the cop, probably accidentally got off bake in the panic. If you notice he didn’t hit the gas the car slowly moved backwards. It wasn’t until the cop started shooting at him that he panics sped off. Edit-( I just went and did some research it appears he was trying to flee, I retract my previous statement, about the aggression with which he reversed as wrong)

In this instance the cop should definitely face a judge a jury for killing that kid. Being I don’t have all the facts as to why the officer approached him, I withhold judgment

Last edited:
    Reactions: B52

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If someone opens my car door and I am not aware of it.... That is a direct threat to my well-being until I decide they are not. That is a horrible idea to do that to someone's domain without warning. I would expect to at least have a gun pointed at me if I did that to someone's car or home.
    Sneaking up on people nowadays comes with consequences. We ain't in Kansas anymore

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This (IMO) is America; founded on Freedom and Liberty. I should not have to bow, scrape, genuflect, or prostrate myself to anyone simply because of the clothing worn, or adorning accoutrements.

Act like an American Citizen, treat me as one, and we'll be fine. I've been around firearms, badges, and medals all my adult life. BFD. Show me your "star," "cross," or "MOH."

If you truly feel threatened 24/7/365, under the gun, in the cross-hairs, and that every walking, talking human hates you and is a potential criminal/threat, you have at the leadt lost perspective, maybe more. Professional help (not the Dept Psych), or maybe a career change is in order.

Not trying to be arguementative or over harsh, just candid. Look in the mirror and beyond who you allow to be displayed publicly. Good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom