• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I guess I'm an idiot:whoo:. Here it is a brand new G17 Gen3 RTF2 and yes it's my first Glock. Now it's time to take it to the range.

Attachments

• 12-5-12 077.jpg
      12-5-12 077.jpg
      304.9 KB · Views: 366

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bout time you smartened up! Where did u find one with the gills?

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't carry the RTF2 concealed -- it will rip your cover garment to shreds! Also, an interesting note about the "gills" -- it was pointed out to the Austrian engineers by the state-side Glock employees that the "gills" (cocking serrations) were installed backwards. The Austrians were so offended (embarassed) -- that they promptly discontinued them from production. The RTF2's tendancy to destroy cover garments also resulted in it's abandonment for the less aggressive RTF in use on the Gen 4 pistols.

I doubt it any Glock will ever truly become a "collector" pistol -- but the RTF2 with "gills" has the best chance, simply because of the very short production run.

Enjoy it!

Stagman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't carry the RTF2 concealed -- it will rip your cover garment to shreds! Also, an interesting note about the "gills" -- it was pointed out to the Austrian engineers by the state-side Glock employees that the "gills" (cocking serrations) were installed backwards. The Austrians were so offended (embarassed) -- that they promptly discontinued them from production. The RTF2's tendancy to destroy cover garments also resulted in it's abandonment for the less aggressive RTF in use on the Gen 4 pistols.

I doubt it any Glock will ever truly become a "collector" pistol -- but the RTF2 with "gills" has the best chance, simply because of the very short production run.

Enjoy it!

I won't be conceal carrying this gun it will be a plinker

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Enjoy it!

Very true statement... That's what we use at the sheriffs office... They all have the gills, and the handle is hell on a long sleeve uniform sleeve... Many folks bought the houge rubber slip on the kill the abrasion qualitys of he grip... The women cried because it hurt their hands as well... They gave me mine when I retired and I will keep it, I personally like the design and if you actually rack the slide of an auto pistol by the serrations on the rear of the slide "YOUR DOING IT WRONG"

Zog

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Congrats. That's a good looking Glock.

Does anyone know the inspiration for the machined grooves (gills)? The regular machined slots seem to work well enough.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The gills are wild. Never handled one like that. I can see how the gills could potentially be backwards. Can you actually look into the slide? As in another place for trash to get inside.

I hated Glocks too. Got a good deal on a lot of ammo and it came with a G23 that I was going to resell. I shot the hell out of that black Tupperware: not one burp.
    Only problem is they steal your loyalty. First its just a casual meeting, then you start scheduling time together. You start feeling real comfortable together. You go everywhere together even bed. Then Bam! You feel it growing and there is nothing you can do to stop it. But it is nice to hear the piter pater of a new "racking action" in the house. You may have wanted the long slide but the Mrs wanted something small and cute so a Sub-C is in the family now. Another chamber to feed but you grin ear to ear when you pick er up. You know you will catch the little woman in a weak moment and plant the seed for that G Practical-Tactical.

WR

Top Bottom