APOD Firearms

You should know what the manufacturer ships with the firearm!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does a Glock come with two mags or one. How many come with that Kimber? I'm sure 95% of FFL are fine but I have run into a few shaky ones.

Do your homework before you buy. You must know what comes with the gun. There are dealers that will pull all but one mag from a new gun box and add them to his inventory. This happened to me when the 94 ban was about to start. Dealer said he was too busy to wait on the phone for a service rep to check the number of mags. I went to the car and got my 8 pound cell phone (bigger back then) got the number from the SIG owners manual and called. Rep says three mags. Dealer says one. Rep wants to talk to dealer. Dealer says he will just make it easy for me and make it good. Dealer then comes out with two new mags not in any packaging that are identical the the one in the box. If he didn't have my deposit I would have canceled. I did pass the word every time guns was the topic.

You should know what is included when you compare prices also. If the gun is $25 cheaper but comes with one less $45 mag you get hosed. Manufactures do change the number of mags and add or drop accessories. The manufacturers part number will reflect exactly what is included not the firearm model number. If you are ordering a pistol from a dealer have him list the numbers plus gun with two mags or three mags, Red dot or laser grip, Scope, Speed loader, tool, brush, whatever. Its your deal. The sad thing is a lot of first time buyers are can get ripped off.

There are a lot of great FFL out there that go the extra mile for you too so don't think there all out to get you.

Remember the good old days when you got a box of cartridges with a new gun purchase (every time).

Watch your Six fellas.

Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good advice WR! Often the box will indicate how many mags you should be getting as well...

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Very good advice, a lot of first-time buyers I'm sure don't even think to ask or notice. They're just seeing the gun.

Richard J.

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Happened to me in Pa. Bought a new S&W and it came with one mag. Told him I needed the other. His son is a dealer rep. and needed another mag. They made it good but lost my business. I spent a lot of money there.I bought a lot of my weapons there and I do mean a lot, also all reloading supplys. Back then I spent more money on reloading per year than most people. I bought shot by the ton and you wouldnt believe the amount of powder if I told you. The good old days. When the old guys retired the sons took it over and everything changed.The guys like me quit buying there. Then they wonder what happenend to there business.

RJ

gunnerxxx

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah that happened to me at one of this guys 3 gun shops in the area(yall know who). I didnt say a word but its cost him thousands between lost sales from me and all my close friends.

Milesvdustin

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So if I buy a glock under the law enforcement/ military program, how many mags and other things come with it? Looking at the 26, 27, 30, or 36 models. I plan on making this my primary ccw gun.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom