• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What did amendment 4 say again?
    No. 4 Constitutional Amendment Article XI, Sections 5 and 7 Voter Approval of Constitutional Amendments

Requires all proposed amendments or revisions to the state constitution to be approved by the voters in two elections, instead of one, in order to take effect. The proposal applies the current thresholds for passage to each of the two elections.

It is probable that the proposed amendment will result in additional state and local government costs to conduct elections in Florida. Overall, these costs will vary from election cycle to election cycle depending on the unique circumstances of each ballot and cannot be estimated at this time. The key factors determining cost include the number of amendments appearing for the second time on each ballot and the length of those amendments. Since the maximum state cost is likely less than $1 million per cycle but the impact cannot be discretely quantified, the change to the state’s budget is unknown. Similarly, the economic impact cannot be modelled, although the spending increase is expected to be below the threshold that would produce a statewide economic impact. Because there are no revenues linked to voting in Florida, there will be no impact on government taxes or fees.

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sooooo,
    We are gonna increase the cost of elections so that we can decided on a change twice? So what exactly are we paying our state government for again?

Sandspur6

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ll vote YES on this one. If they sneak in one of those strangely worded amendments that actually turns out to mean the exact opposite of what it seemed to say, then we get a chance to try to undo it before it actually takes effect. If it’s a good amendment, then we just vote for it twice.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I’ll vote YES on this one. If they sneak in one of those strangely worded amendments that actually turns out to mean the exact opposite of what it seemed to say, then we get a chance to try to undo it before it actually takes effect. If it’s a good amendment, then we just vote for it twice.

If the idea is to truly make it more difficult to pass an amendment, then raise the percentage.

This proposed amendment is just a sneaky way to give the libtards a slim Vegas-like advantage over conservatives since it targets a two-year window hoping for new voters.

Ask yourself: "in the span of two years, how many liberal vs conservative voters died, AND how many liberal vs conservative voters turned 18?"

I'd wager that more liberal voters aged into eligibility.

This proposed amendment simply gives the left a buffer for their "barely 18" and college crowd of new voters who want FSA (Free Sh!t America) because they're too young to understand the true meaning of a dollar and that the government doesn't actually produce anything and any "free stuff" is actually paid for by taxpayers.

I seriously doubt there are more conservative-voting 18-year-olds than liberals. 18 to 22 is after high school. Either neck deep in college libtard propoganda, or flipping burgers for minimum wage, or making a name for yourself in a new trade. Percentages favor the FSA crowd with brain pans that still aren't fully formed.

Example 1: 'pothead free stuff' amendment is proposed. It barely passes. A bunch of lazy voters wake up and realize they were "suckered". They say defiantly "Ha! We figured it out. We'll vote no next time." However, next time, there are a bunch of new voters who want 'pothead free stuff'. They jump on the band wagon, and it passes again.

Example 2: 'restore 2A rights' amendment is proposed. It barely passes. Since most new voters are liberal, especially after almost two decades of government libtard propoganda, the second vote for 'restore 2A rights' doesn't pass.

Remember those vocal kids from Broward who blamed the gun instead of the criminal?

They are new voters. All emotion; no maturity or long-term reasoning.

This proposed amendment should be called the "we are hoping more 18-year-olds will vote" Amendment.

RaySendero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like the strategy to make it harder to pass a state constitutional amendment.
    I like the second voting opportunity on these NO means YES worded ones.
    I would like raising the PERCENTAGE MAJORITY required to pass.
    I would even like to have a REVOTE on all the ones passed in the last 20 years !!!

pcolapaddler

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree that it should not be easy to amend the state constitution. I also agree that many proposed amendments are there because the legislature lacked the political will to address an issue via legislation.

What concerns me is that with the passage of tho amendment, only those work large cash backing will be passed or proposed.

Democrats call the Republican party the party of the rich, but a lot of left leaning candidates and initiatives seem to have a ton of money. And they tend to not give up when they want something.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am leaning towards yes. I want to see see if the democrats and left are for or against. I will likely vote the opposite of their position. Voting twice raises the bar. It only gets voted on a second time after it has passed the first time if I understand what was said. Does not seem to makes things any easier.
    I am mostly opposed to these amendments and the mechanism of their passage does favor well financed lobbying groups.

I will on the basis of the below vote yes because they say vote no.
    Oppose.
    This amendment will greatly increase the difficulty of amending the constitution by any means. In particular, this will significantly limit citizens’ ability to engage in direct democracy, due to the increased cost and time required to bring citizen initiatives to the ballot.

pcolapaddler

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Many issues that should be addressed via legislative act have historically been added to the constitution. Pregnant pigs, gill net bans, high speed trains, the list goes on.

This one amendment, however, deals with the process to amend the constitution. This is the type of thing that should be addressed via constitutional amendment.

Whether it's a good idea or not is the question.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would recommend people view the requirement for a second Vote (must pass both times): as a check and balance that could prevent knee jerk passion "to do something" in the near time proximity of the root cause for the Ammendment. Unfortunately, many folks don't understand the impacts of what's written nor what implementation can expand it into. "Measure twice, cut once!" If the People really want the Change that desire will remain through to the second Vote. In these troubled times with small squeaky wheels getting extensive biased coverage in all media forms and out of State Billionaires BUYING election results via the money they pump in, additional time, comprehension and continuity of the majority vote (twice) is better. IMHO

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Could help stop any gun restrictions from outside groups. But also stop any gun rights
    I rather go through the courts because in theory the constitution and bill of right gave us of the rights we need and decent judges need to throw those laws out.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So let's take this from a bipartisan view!
    Some folks want to ban sidearms and other folks want to Carry Concealed sidearms.
    You may have voted one way or the other, yet it takes two cycles (8 years) to enact this legislation. But if it takes 8 years to enact legislation that curbs sexual child offenders from attacking our children, how many of US are willing to suffer (perhaps not abide) the time frame it takes two reach a consensus during two election cycles?

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    ok, got my sample ballot. Let's see if I can find a magnifying glass to read it....

Top Bottom