• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the BCA uppers. these are over gassed. H3 buffer slowed the bolt down as demonstrated by angle of shell ejection changing from about 1 0'Clock to more to the side and behind me. Gives follow more time to position the next round for feeding. No more double feeds with certain mags.
    The extended firing pin is a must. Likely the extra power brownell hammer spring is not. One lower has it and the other has a larue trigger. So far both lowers work. I rather the gun be over gassed than under gassed. I can deal with an over gassed gun easier than an undergassed gun. An adjustable port is the better solution. Larger gas port and heavy H3 buffer likely results in more perceived unpleasant recoil. For a fighting gun I want full strength buffer springs. The heavier H3 while slowing down the bolt, likely removes stress from it too since the period for unlocking is longer allowing residual pressure to decline. The 7.62x39 bolt has a reputation of being less durable than the 5.56 bolt. There is more metal on the 5.56 bolt and the tapered 7.62x39 cartridge is said to put more back thrust on the bolt. 7.62x39 bolts have been improved. The bolt on any AR is a disposable item and all bolts should regularly be inspected. A properly headspacing spare should always be on hand.
    Right now parts are readily available. If Trump loses the democraps might change that.
    1593002067908.png

1593002131698.png

bigken

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Who do you recommend for spare part? Ive done screwed up once lol im not sure if anyone local has parts around their shop. Also looking at a secondary complete upper in .556 with a 7.5 barrel. I've looked into a few places but wanted to see if anyone has someone they have had a positive experience with.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Who do you recommend for spare part? Ive done screwed up once lol im not sure if anyone local has parts around their shop. Also looking at a secondary complete upper in .556 with a 7.5 barrel. I've looked into a few places but wanted to see if anyone has someone they have had a positive experience with.
    Not the cheapest, but brownells normally stocks most quality AR parts. There are also oops kits that contain a lot of the small parts that are sold by several vendors. I order what I want on the net. ARx39 bolts are not always in stock, so it is a good idea to buy now if you decide you want a spare. The shipping charges on small purchases can be significant so it is better to buy all at one place. It took me awhile to find a 6.5 G bolt, so the less common parts can be hard to find. As we get closer to the election expect all gun related items to be in short supply.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I use 30rd C-Products DuraMag SS 7.62x39 AR-15 Stainless Steel Magazines and they work fine for me. I have also used little 5 or 10 rounders that are not curved and they work fine too. I had light primer strikes once and it was a hammer spring issue, replaced it and problem solved.

After you install your new enhanced firing pin and hammer spring:

1st: only load 1 round in mag, shoot the one round at target .

Does the bolt lock back on the empty mag?

If it locks back: Your gas system has enough power to fully cycle your bolt, try loading and shooting 2-3 rounds at target.

If it doesnt lock back: Your gas system doesnt have enough power to operate your current setup.

When shooting 2-3 rounds: Does you weapons bolt fully close on the second round after firing the first round?

If not fully returning to battery: Check for mag feeding issues, look for scrape marks on casings and bullets as this could be possible feed ramp impingement issues and not just mag lip issues, if no marks on casing then maybe your buffer is too light or a dirty chamber.

If your gun will cycle 2-3 rounds or even 5-8 rounds but not a full mag then its most likely the mag.

Lots of possibilities, good luck.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On some ARx39 magazines my bolt will lock back and on others it will not. I have not yet tried changing out that particular part in my upper. Being an AK person, I am use to a bolt not locking back. MY upper is over gassed and I was forced to use an H3 buffer.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Using the spikes T2 buffer and promag ar x39 mags. Also have the dura mags. Use a gi 20 for 3-5 rds. No marking, scrapes, cuts on the mags or bolt. BCA side charger. 16 inch. PSA lower. No issues to date. There's more details on a post I did in the what gun stuff did you do today.

Attachments

• 20200602_140658.jpg
      20200602_140658.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 234

bigken

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks everyone, should have the pin and spring this weekend, I went ahead and ordered a oops kit and the h2 buffer and spring, looking at the bolts, might be a better deal for another full bcg with additional pin, anyone try the d&h mag from Brownells? I'm sure I can find it all at the gun show this weekend but not sure I want to be packed in there.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks everyone, should have the pin and spring this weekend, I went ahead and ordered a oops kit and the h2 buffer and spring, looking at the bolts, might be a better deal for another full bcg with additional pin, anyone try the d&h mag from Brownells? I'm sure I can find it all at the gun show this weekend but not sure I want to be packed in there.
    Be aware that not all bolts are interchangeable. If head space is minimum or less the ammo may not chamber freely. I have had this happen in two cheap AR uppers. For the opposite while a perfectionist would disagree, but for an emergency a little excess headspace is not so terrible with factory ammo in a 7.62x39 factory loads. Should be fixed asap. Most of us do not have gauges and as long the round functions and fires, we have no idea what is what. One should at least try out a new spare bolt to see if it will chamber and all of us, this includes me, should get at least a no go gauge in all of our AR calibers.

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've been thinking about building an x39 upper. Been trying to figure out barrel length and gas system. I keep reading anything between 12" to 7" with a Carbine gas system. What say the collective? The upper will be part of my Dolos system pistol, mostly range toy, PDW, SHF gun.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you go 7", that'll be a pistol length gas tube, BUT, you can get a pistol length "Pigtail" gas tube, which is a carbine length tube, pigtailed down to pistol.

1593964860865.png

rviray

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Thanks ZeroedIn, I'm leaning towards an 11" carbine gas system. I keep reading that the powder is fully burnt by 8.5"? My BO is 10.5" and it feels pretty good in my hands.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks ZeroedIn, I'm leaning towards an 11" carbine gas system. I keep reading that the powder is fully burnt by 8.5"? My BO is 10.5" and it feels pretty good in my hands.
    My BCA AR-15 Complete Upper Assembly, 7.5" Parkerized Heavy Barrel, 7.62x39, Pistol Length Gas System, 1:10 Twist w/ 7" Lightweight Keymod Rail
    Works fine once I changed out the bolt. Gas system works fine with an H3 buffer in it. When possible use a stock gas system. Easier to maintain and replace the tube if ever so needed.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Not the cheapest, but brownells normally stocks most quality AR parts. There are also oops kits that contain a lot of the small parts that are sold by several vendors. I order what I want on the net. ARx39 bolts are not always in stock, so it is a good idea to buy now if you decide you want a spare. The shipping charges on small purchases can be significant so it is better to buy all at one place. It took me awhile to find a 6.5 G bolt, so the less common parts can be hard to find. As we get closer to the election expect all gun related items to be in short supply.

It can be pricy, but Iv never had a problem with their parts.

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So them recommendant magazines didn't correct the problem?

Attachments

• 2020_C130.png
      2020_C130.png
      66 KB · Views: 190
    • xb_bas_para.png.pagespeed.ic.rbhpKzKXLs.png
      xb_bas_para.png.pagespeed.ic.rbhpKzKXLs.png
      2.7 KB · Views: 188

bigken

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Update:: haven't made it to the range to test it but I just got the last of my parts order in. Sooo as I changed the hammer spring I noticed the original was worn, almost as if they struggled to install it and it was not firm but more flemsy, I've upgraded to a h2 buffer, and the spring with it was about an inch longer than the original, enhanced firing pin is in, original was just whatever lol, and as for mags I haven't gotten anything in other than the asc and c products for now, pretty crappy to spend a bunch of money just to spend a bunch of money, the manufacturer still hasn't responded and I've seen people warning about if you try to contact them more than once they try to report to the atf and claim your a danger... So I'll be range bound Friday or Saturday and I'll give some feedback, the way this has been going I'll probably have rebuilt this whole thing, but I've got some extra parts now haha ( won't be using the stock crap)

bigken

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Who reports you???

No reports on be but from the recent reviews Moriarty will report whomever complains more than once about their products, I mean for $600 the thing should work right out the gate, there's others who just didn't get the full assembly they paid for like BCG not having the pin, or other things and Moriarty is not making it right on their end.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    No reports on be but from the recent reviews Moriarty will report whomever complains more than once about their products, I mean for $600 the thing should work right out the gate, there's others who just didn't get the full assembly they paid for like BCG not having the pin, or other things and Moriarty is not making it right on their end.

Oh, the hell with those guys. $600 for the whole gun I should say so. Ouch.

bigken

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oh, the hell with those guys. $600 for the whole gun I should say so. Ouch.
    Yea man, should have stayed local, I learn the hard way, I've got about another $75 In it not including furniture, I'm just hoping I don't have a gas issue next haha but I'm ready for that too, it's a very sturdy pistol but fuck the guts are shit, if all else fails I'll sell all the x39 ammo ànd upper and get a 556, I just wanted to stay with the 7.5 barrel and keep all of my rounds oh well.

Top Bottom