• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skipper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    S&W 1911 #108282 NIB I have had this S&W since new and never shot it. Will also trade for a 1911 Stainless Bobtail Commander or CCO of equal or better value plus $. Must have a Florida Drivers Liscense. $825 SOLD

SOLD

DSCN2912640x480_zpsf65fef0b.jpg

Last edited:

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As part of my continuing education, I guess you mean you won't ship it to someone out of state without a license, but if they are out of state, how are they going to show you their license? Thats why that confuses me. If they are standing there in your driveway or Walmart or wherever you meet, and they have their license, then they aren't out of state. If they are out of state, how do you see the license?

skipper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If out of State and I ship to your FFL he will run a background check, I do not need to see any ID. If a Florida resident you will have to have a valid FL Divers Liscense to buy a gun from me, unless I personally know you.

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, ok, but if a buyer is standing there, say 3 feet away, your not shipping to them, so they don't have a Florida license and why would someone want it shipped to them if their standing there. And I guess, for that matter, if they did have a Florida license and you sold it to them, how would that perform a background check? Are sellers that state this only concerned about background checks for people from those foreign countries of Alabama and Georgia? I have just seen that wording in a lot of ads and I finally decided to ask someone these questions.

skipper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, ok, but if a buyer is standing there, say 3 feet away, your not shipping to them, so they don't have a Florida license and why would someone want it shipped to them if their standing there. And I guess, for that matter, if they did have a Florida license and you sold it to them, how would that perform a background check? Are sellers that state this only concerned about background checks for people from those foreign countries of Alabama and Georgia? I have just seen that wording in a lot of ads and I finally decided to ask someone these questions.

myname, for you I will take to your local FFL of choice so he can run a background check on you regardless of where you from.

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am not making myself understood. If someone is standing 3 feet away, they aren't out of state. I don't understand what the addition of military in the description has to do with non-military buyers. I mean, if someone is standing 3 feet away with their Georgia license, are you going to take their money and tell them they have to pay shipping? If so, why?

myname

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't want to buy it. I thought I could get an explanation for why so many people state that in their ad. I think it's like an urban legend, people put that in their ads because other people put that in their ads because other people put that in their ads. I think thats the answer. I guess someone thought it was illegal or immoral or something to sell to someone out of state so that urban legend just got carried forward.

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I guess someone thought it was illegal or immoral or something to sell to someone out of state so that urban legend just got carried forward.

You're on the right track, but it's not because it's immoral. It's been discussed on here before. Try posting the question on the general forum instead of in a for sale section.

Back on topic. Great gun Skipper!

skipper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't want to buy it. I thought I could get an explanation for why so many people state that in their ad. I think it's like an urban legend, people put that in their ads because other people put that in their ads because other people put that in their ads. I think thats the answer. I guess someone thought it was illegal or immoral or something to sell to someone out of state so that urban legend just got carried forward.

Thanks twice.

T

tinman

Are you being obtuse? It's because people feel more comfortable that their weapon is going to a genuine bona fide person. Gees, is it really that difficult. Last thing anyone wants is a knock on the door from plod and discovering that some shop clerk has been blown away by their old gun, and that the guy with all the tattoos on his hands saying "KILL" and "MURDER" was probably not the best recipient of an undocumented personal sale!

skipper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Are you being obtuse? It's because people feel more comfortable that their weapon is going to a genuine bona fide person. Gees, is it really that difficult. Last thing anyone wants is a knock on the door from plod and discovering that some shop clerk has been blown away by their old gun, and that the guy with all the tattoos on his hands saying "KILL" and "MURDER" was probably not the best recipient of an undocumented personal sale!

Exactly, thanks tinman. Now back to selling and trading.

Top Bottom