• ...and so much more!
  • Price: 550
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Where did this Norinco SKS get a blade bayonet installed? I thought all the Norinco's came with spike bayonets?

Do you have the original front sight?

Screenshot_20221015-140838.png

boomtown

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Where did this Norinco SKS get a blade bayonet installed? I thought all the Norinco's came with spike bayonets?

Do you have the original front sight?

View attachment 189199
    I don't have the original front sight and bayonet was already on the rifle when I got it. The jungle stock looks like it only takes a blade type bayonet.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Your rifle probably maybe ain't legal to have a bayonet mounted. Depends on when it was imported, before or after a certain law was passed. Which would explain a surplus bayonet added on to a Norinco SKS (after it was sold retail without a bayonet). You want to make sure somehow. If it was my rifle I'd remove the blade until knowing one way or the other, for sure

Screenshot_20221018-191500.png Screenshot_20221018-191550.png Screenshot_20221018-192033.png

Last edited:

boomtown

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your rifle probably maybe ain't legal to have a bayonet mounted. Depends on when it was imported, before or after a certain law was passed. Which would explain a surplus bayonet added on to a Norinco SKS (after it was sold retail without a bayonet). You want to make sure somehow. If it was my rifle I'd remove the blade until knowing one way or the other, for sure

View attachment 189672 View attachment 189673 View attachment 189674
    Still available. Bump.

Artemus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    While it's easy to change out a stock or add a bayonet, I feel certain your Jianshe /26\ phenolic stock is legit for it's time and importation configuration and with the blade bayonet (which the stock is made for). Your rifle is likely from 1965 era but imported in the 1990s, note that there were lots of rebuilt military /26\ SKS rifles assembled from parts, check your serials for possible scrubbing and renumbering. You have an earlier milled trigger guard (not stamped), earlier bolt carrier (lightening cuts) and I would bet that the barrel is threaded into the receiver (not pressed and pinned). All desirable characteristics. Norinco came into being during the 1980's so it did not manufacture your rifle. Lots of import stamped SKS had the Norinco marketing stamp added with the US importer stamp per US law. There are many SKS documented in various forums that look just like your sample that are not altered. The importer Labanu was active from 1991 for about 8 years. JMHO.

jmfillin1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have two, one jianshe and one Norinco, both have blade bayonets and all serial numbers are matching, except the norinco's stock.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom