WTH...Nobody had a rope, did they not pay the power bill??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluesBrother

Master
    They have trouble finding a vein because of lymphoma, hepatitis and past drug use. The body is full of veins. Use another vein than in the arm. Legs have veins too. I've heard of drug addicts finding a vein between the toes. Come on, we can't find a vein? Than have at least one other alternate method of execution. How about electrocution, firing squad, as mentioned hanging, hemlock, drowning. Lets get 'er done.

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    As much as I like the prospect of a humane death for a trapped individual, the fact of the matter is that the death penalty needs to remain a painful public spectacle so as to deter crime. Hanging, firing squad, stoning... very effective

Carl

Master
    Seems like a pretty simple thing but bureaucracy strikes again o_O

justapilgrim

Marksman
    As much as I like the prospect of a humane death for a trapped individual, the fact of the matter is that the death penalty needs to remain a painful public spectacle so as to deter crime. Hanging, firing squad, stoning... very effective
    Key word is Public...when an execution is scheduled all television shows nation wide are blacked out and the ugly truth is there for all to see. It might...just might make an impression and change a bad guy's wayward path.

IronBeard

Master
    Always thought the execution should carried out in the same manner in which the crime was carried out.

SUPERLITE69

Expert
    FWIW, whilst I’m pro-death penalty, it’s merits, atleast as it stands now, as a deterrent, are highly contested. There’s also an argument to be made about violating citizens rights, and of course, while it’s easy to have a gut reaction and say “well they don’t deserve rights because they are criminals”, there’s the issue of accidental convictions, and that if the government can justify brutality against someone by saying that they were found guilty of a crime, they can also justify brutality against you by finding *you* “guilty” of a crime, much akin to Red Flag laws. Below is a study on deterrence published by the gov. https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/216548.pdf

Raven

Master
    FWIW, whilst I’m pro-death penalty, it’s merits, atleast as it stands now, as a deterrent, are highly contested. There’s also an argument to be made about violating citizens rights, and of course, while it’s easy to have a gut reaction and say “well they don’t deserve rights because they are criminals”, there’s the issue of accidental convictions, and that if the government can justify brutality against someone by saying that they were found guilty of a crime, they can also justify brutality against you by finding *you* “guilty” of a crime, much akin to Red Flag laws. Below is a study on deterrence published by the gov. https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/216548.pdf
    I speak as a former hospital security officer in charge of watching those red flagged Baker Act folks... the red flag laws get trumped by the 2A every time. No sheriff is going to risk half his deputies on shift dying by busting down the door of a man known to be crazy and in possession of his own means to resist. Just saying... Case in point is the longest standoff in US history. A man who told his sheriff serving a warrant that nobody needs to die and if they enter his house he'll kill them all. The sheriff listened. Nobody needed to die. That man didn't leave his house for like 15 years. He waited out the statute of limitations and lived as a free man on his own private property, raised his family, watched TV, and lived his own life the way he saw fit... innocent until proven guilty.

Screenshot_20221123-170539.png

SUPERLITE69

Expert
    I speak as a former hospital security officer in charge of watching those red flagged Baker Act folks... the red flag laws get trumped by the 2A every time. No sheriff is going to risk half his deputies on shift dying by busting down the door of a man known to be crazy and in possession of his own means to resist. Just saying... Case in point is the longest standoff in US history. A man who told his sheriff serving a warrant that nobody needs to die and if they enter his house he'll kill them all. The sheriff listened. Nobody needed to die. That man didn't leave his house for like 15 years. He waited out the statute of limitations and lived as a free man on his own private property, raised his family, watched TV, and lived his own life the way he saw fit... innocent until proven guilty.

View attachment 195531
    I mean, the red flag law is only a *tiny* portion of everything I said. Beyond that, while I’m sure your experience as a security officer has *some* merit, I don’t think it’s really the strongest base of authority to argue from when we are making generalized statements of a country with 370 million people, wherein police policy is disjointed and varies from precinct to precinct. Case in point, in regards to red flag laws being trumped by the 2A, here are three separate invocations of red flag laws that weren’t inhibited by 2A.

There’s also merit in considering that, if 2A keeps cops in line, as departments aren’t willing to sacrifice people for arbitrary investigations, why do they get away with no-knock raids, and unnecessary deployment of personnel and equipment on otherwise mundane citizen “check ups”? Or what about that time that police, in an attempt to apprehend Randy Weaver on firearms charges, killed his wife while she held their infant daughter, and blew his 14 year old sons brain matter across the ground, and subsequently labeled them all as domestic terrorists.

YMMV, but the 2A doesn’t trump red flag laws, as far as I can see it, because the government can socially and physically isolate you until you’re forced to die or capitulate, and most people choose the latter. There’s also probably some overlap with that abuse of power and jurisdiction, with stuff like the deployment of the Nat Guard during the Saint Floyd riots, wherein guardsmen repeatedly violated the civil rights of innocent bystanders who dared film them as they patrolled streets, going insofar as to let loose with “less lethal” munitions.

I’m new here, and don’t know the tone, so I’ll reserve my personal beliefs about the police and said guardsmen. Anyway, I hope my message doesn’t come across as rude, it’s just a topic I think about often. Was never an officer but was in an Academy Class for the New Orleans Police Department, and have a degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice, so take it for what you will, I suppose.

Interesting to read about John Joe Grey. Surprised it wasn’t a bigger event, like Ruby Ridge or Waco. Not that one lone man is analogous to a cult, but the government loves its overreach, and killing people, so…

Top Bottom