• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hsif der

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now that the craze has settled down a bit and these are showing up in stock, anyone got one they want to get rid of? Prefer 308 but would take a 6.5.

Let me know. If I don't find one before to long I may go ahead and order one.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Ooooooooo . . Ahhhhhhhhh . . Uhhhhhhh . . . I WANT ONE !!
    24 inches of bbl -- fast twist for the 107's. But wait,there is already a 243Win correct ?? Would probably just get one in 243 and have it AI'ed.
    Darned interesting anyway. Thanks for this heads up. ---SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have no regret getting my RPR .308. I'm not a whiz bang shot, but I can consistently do 5/8" 100yd groups with my reloads of pulled 220gr Sierra Matchking bullets and IMR4895. Who knows how much better it could go with lighter bullets better suited to shooting out of a .308 and/or if I spent more time working up a better load other than working with what I have on hand. The 220gr are only going 2072fps. Two 5 shot 300yd groups averaged 2.75" on a rather mirage morning.

FWIW, calculated bbl life based upon throat wear so far until the throat is worn 1" is 9400 jacketed rounds. Mine is shot slow fire and plays very well with a suppressor in place. I've only shot the 220gr bullets, as I have several thousand of them bought cheap a while ago. I was on Uber's RPR waiting list for about 6 months before it came in. My trigger pull was 2.25 lb out of the box. I normally use Magpul mags, but have fired a few shots using a GI M14 mag with no problems. Strange, but LC 04,05,06, and 58 brass shoot well and to the same impact point. Repeated groups showed newer LC12 brass enlarges the groups at 100yd to about 7/8", so I don't use that vintage in it. Have never tried GI ball ammo, but maybe I should just to see what happens. A great rifle! Hope your's does as well.

Blackeyes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So far mines been suprisingly good, I put a Precision Armament brake on it to keep it a little flatter so I can stay on the glass better.
    The rail is crap, mine was crooked right out of the box. Gonna put a Seekins on it ASAP, I like a flat bottom much better.
    Have shot just under a .5 in group with FGMM 175 gr. It changes slightly when suppressed

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I would change out the scope base also. Probably to a MGW or Seekins. My application would be <600yds so for me . . flat would do.
    Problem is,I would have to go to "big glass". A 30mm main tube and at least a 50mm objective would be my choice. WITH . . . lots of up/ down adjustment.
    Will most likely contact jj and see if he could/would AI it for me if I bought the reamers. (243AI) ---SAWMAN

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Got a RPR 5.6 creedmoor a couple weeks back, ordered some ammo from midway, 129 grain on sale for 17.95 with fee shipping on 150 order. getting less then 2 in. at 225 yds. No recoil , or very little . Starting to work on some loads for it. Can't wait to try it out to 1000. Just my 2 cents jj

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Got out this past week to visit JJ...I shot this rifle on his 220 yd range...hit a small plate like it was nothing. No recoil, LOUD report...trigger smooth as heck. First time I have handled this rifle...damn it is set up sweet.... pics on next visit.

Top Bottom