Target Sports

WTB: Remington 742 take down/barrel nut wrench (Gulf Breeze/Tiger Point) $?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Looking to buy a take down wrench for a Remington Woodsmaster 742. Cheapest I can find shipped is over $75. Hoping to find one locally used for less as it isn't even my gun I'm working on cleaning and the owner of it is on a limited monthly income. I'm cleaning it and treating the rust for free for him. Can pickup anywhere from Pensacola to Fort Walton to Milton/Pace.

16gauge

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have done several without the "tool" that you can buy using a Crescent wrench and an open end wrench. You will have tap it with a hammer to loosen at first. Several You Tube videos show this method. Good luck as they are a labor of love for sure.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have done several without the "tool" that you can buy using a Crescent wrench and an open end wrench. You will have tap it with a hammer to loosen at first. Several You Tube videos show this method. Good luck as they are a labor of love for sure.
    It's a great gun. Of all the ridicule I've heard over it, it's not jammed a single damn time for me or my friend that owns it. He's hunted with it the past 4+ years. I just clean it after every season for him and keep the bolt oiled and she keeps on going. Deadly accurate too for a semi. He left the damn thing in a storage area that wasn't climate controlled so now I have to tear it down to its bones and hopefully remove all the rust spots. He forgot to coat it in remoil before putting it up last year. I'll check out the tutorials. I just know that about 5 years ago I tried it with a shaved down wrench and wound up breaking the wrench and not being able to get the nut loose. I guess that's where the hammer comes into play.

Top Bottom