• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Great choice. Steel is HARD. Once you find the sharpening technique .... they get super sharp. Mine is a EDC and not used for the typical apple peeling,wire stripping,fingernail cleaning stuff. I have had mine for about 4 years now.

They do have them at Mike's but are expensive. You can find them quite a bit cheaper. There was one for sale here several months ago.
    ADDED INFO: Don't know the numbers,however,get the full size vs the mini. IMO ... you will need a CCW to legally carry this blade. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

saiga12nut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for all the input men.
    I saw the ones listed on the forum a while back and hope that maybe there is someone else that may be looking to sell.

gonzo

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's a guy on Facebook. Pensacola guns and outdoors trader that has one for sale today.

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bladehq.com has them in stock. Pagan is 360 and infidel is 400. Good company to deal with. On a side note, can I carry an auto in Florida with my Alabama ccw? I always switch from my ultratech to a bench made spring assist when I cross the line.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

saiga12nut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the info on the one locally guys. Unfortunaly I am not a member of either group that tall sent me links too. I put in a join request yesterday but still haven't had confirmation. Does anyone see a phone #?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Austin Davis
    January 2 at 9:28pm
    Benchmade infidel
    $300 — DeFuniak Springs, Florida

That is all that is there, might do a look up for a phone...sorry

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thanks for the info on the one locally guys. Unfortunaly I am not a member of either group that tall sent me links too. I put in a join request yesterday but still haven't had confirmation. Does anyone see a phone #?
    I'll approve you here in a few... been sick the last 2 days and have about 130 member requests I have to screen.

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    be careful buying from some of those facebook pages....make sure it's a real benchmade. here's a video that'll show you how to tell if it's real so you don't get taken for a 300 bucks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLYNmUqD6Rk

good luck finding one.
    Couldn't agree with this more... seems like I've seen 4-5 infidels posted here recently. They can't all be genuine. Not many people are willing to spend $400 on a blade... and some of the folks selling them are your "taurus/hipoint" types...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If you do acquire a Infidel let me know and I will tell you about the little sharpener that I found that works like a charm. They have a great blade ... but ... they are very hard. After owning mine for about 4 years I finally found something that will actually sharpen it without friggin' up the edges bevel/grind. --- SAWMAN

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you do acquire a Infidel let me know and I will tell you about the little sharpener that I found that works like a charm. They have a great blade ... but ... they are very hard. After owning mine for about 4 years I finally found something that will actually sharpen it without friggin' up the edges bevel/grind. --- SAWMAN
    I'd like to know. I've been thinking about getting a knife with a D2 blade.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Here it be ---> I got this at Academy a while back. It cost around $7.00. It is called a Sharp N Easy. It has both a COARSE and a FINE side. They are small ceramic sticks a little bigger than a round toothpick.

This will sharpen quite a few different blades that I own and it keeps the bevel. It works especially good on my Microtech and Benchmade OTF knives.

BTW ...... if you are willing to spend this kind of money on a quality blade,take a look at the Microtech blades also. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• SANY0074.jpg
      SANY0074.jpg
      638.4 KB · Views: 49
    Last edited:

rtprthd

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Awesome. It might hurt my feelings if my spyderco sharpmaker gets replaced by a $7 sharpener, but I'll certainly give it a try.

+1 on the microtechs. The ultratech is an excellent knife for $200-225. That's my EDC right now.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

lonesouth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    x3 on microtech. Been EDC a scarab for a few months. I personally find the OTF design with a drop point blade to be the most user friendly and safest knife I have ever owned. Being able to use a single hand to deploy and stow the blade is a huge boon for the design.

If you are unsure about dropping $300 on a knife, get a lightning OTF for $40. The steel is unknown though it will take a razor edge, but the function is the same, albeit not as tight as a microtech. The lightning, unfortunately, is a blatant rip off of the scarab design.

for sharpening, I use a lansky diamond kit with an additional saphire stone, then finish with some green polishing compound on a piece of scrap leather I epoxied to a short 2x4.

Top Bottom